Secret resales 2015

Terence99

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I tried to add some humour to this thread earlier as it is stressful waiting and someone gave me two downvotes (I had upvotes too). I have no idea why the person called sime did this but if I annoyed them I am sorry.

Just trying to relax the tension.

Hope it wasn't me I'm new to posting and thought your post was funny so clicked the green up one ??? 

1 minute ago, phimill said:

I think with all yesterdays activity they have done all the fiddling that they did in the 30 mins before the resale last year so could be a one notification and go situation  

That is what I thought. What they did yesterday was similar to what happened before it last year. Perhaps they were getting it ready so they can push that big red button 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El R Davy said:

Yeah, I really hope I don't have to resort to the "sneak in". I think I was jammy getting away with it twice. Plus I'm older now and not as care free. However, if there is a need to do this, all you need is a good friend to fake an asthma attack and "accidentally" become in the possession of two pass outs.. plus a wrist band they had wriggled off someones wrist and a ticket with a ladies face on. Bingo

That's nearly a great plan. Close but no twix.

Probably wouldn't have posted it on here though.

Yeah - why would that many people cancel? If they knew they weren't going prior to the balance deadline they just wouldn't have paid their balance, and it would have gone into the main resale. It can only be people who in the meantime have had some issue arise such as a problem with their time off work, illness etc, which can't apply to that many people?

5 minutes ago, abiwish said:

It's also people who bought one in the resale who refund them isn't it? There'd definitely be a few who bought one just giving it a shot and then couldn't get time off etc.

I thought that, I tried in both the resale for coach and GA, if i'd got one in the coach sale i probably would have still gone for GA (with my 2nd reg number).Then cancelled my coach ticket (as i basically would have gone anywhere to get a ticket) and it would be cheaper to cancel my ticket and travel with friends if i got the GA.

2 minutes ago, abiwish said:

It's also people who bought one in the resale who refund them isn't it? There'd definitely be a few who bought one just giving it a shot and then couldn't get time off etc.

Plus maybe also probably people who bought in the resale and who's transactions didn't go through...(is that still possible these days?)?

Just now, Michaelgball said:

I might apply for a job at seetickets just to see what actually goes on behind the scenes. I have this mad imagination but its probably very anti-climatic. 

Definitely do! Please! I would if I wasn't in the family business. We need a mole :D

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I tried to add some humour to this thread earlier as it is stressful waiting and someone gave me two downvotes (I had upvotes too). I have no idea why the person called sime did this but if I annoyed them I am sorry.

Just trying to relax the tension.

Have an upvote

1 minute ago, Michaelgball said:

I might apply for a job at seetickets just to see what actually goes on behind the scenes. I have this mad imagination but its probably very anti-climatic. 

The head office is (or is listed as) being in Nottingham-it's on the way o the city if you're walking from the university. Endlessly tempted to knock on the door and ask, politely, when they'll put us out of our misery. 

2 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

It could well be an sql update.  It'd make sense with the weird "on sale 22nd June" messages etc.

I have just realised someone gave me 2 downvotes too in this thread yesterday, just for asking politely for a link? Made me a bit sad tbh as I'm new here and now my rep is horrible :(

Edited by Abijones
  • Upvote 26
  • Downvote 2

I think it's great there are newbies on the forum.  I think the unpredictabilty of the sale means that it will continue to be less of a rush than T-day or R-day  making it appear easier to get a ticket, no holding page hell etc.

What I don't like though is the lack of interaction beyond trying to get a ticket in the value this forum provides...but maybe that's the last thing on the mind for the ticket less...so hope people stick around!

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Abijones said:

Yes I have just realised someone gave me 2 downvotes too in this thread yesterday, just for asking politely for a link? Made me a bit sad tbh as I'm new here and now my rep is horrible :(

I'm surprised at that to be honest as it is nice around here, but these things happen. Don't stress too much about rep :)  I would upvote you but I am all out today - hopefully someone else will do you the favour!

On a side note, I hope this resale business gets underway soon!

• Upvote 1