Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Last year tickets went on sale 18th May at 3pm. I managed to get 3 so I'm pretty sure you could get 4.

Just now, El R Davy said:

Yes, I was asking that, thanks. I know it will vary this year of course, it would just be interesting to know

I reckon this year the chances are reduced by half. No reason for this other than the influx of new users on here.

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I think to make even a rough estimate you would surely need far more information than we have.

I was just wondering if anyone had guessed it from the amount of people posting they had been successful last year on the forum, I might have a little dig later, once work has died down.

Just now, El R Davy said:

I was just wondering if anyone had guessed it from the amount of people posting they had been successful last year on the forum, I might have a little dig later, once work has died down.

That's the problem, all we have is the number of people who were successful who posted on here-difficult to know what proportion that is of people who knew about sales but didn't post/knew from other sources and have no idea this forum exists.

You can get the bare minimum number tickets sold of course. 

3 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I reckon this year the chances are reduced by half. No reason for this other than the influx of new users on here.

Yes I see, I am afraid I'm one of the newbies to the secret sales. I have been very fortunate to get tickets the past 7 times (2 sneak in's before that many many years ago) I have had no luck at all this year on all sale fronts. 

Just now, Bradders said:

I'd say "low-hundreds at the most" is about as accurate an estimate as you're gonna get.

It wouldn't surprise me if it went into thousands. From what I could gather See were quite busy processing refunds... and they're usually on sale for about 20 minutes.

The lack of action today is making me even more tense than the bedlam of yesterday. Anyone else feeling that?

I'm just glad to be off for the next four days. Another consecutive day like yesterday, where I realistically did no work, would have likely gotten me fired.

Just now, Jolie23 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it went into thousands. From what I could gather See were quite busy processing refunds... and they're usually on sale for about 20 minutes.

The amount of people that would pay their full balance only to change their mind and get it back a month later is very low. It only lasted 20 minutes-ish because people don't know the exact time it'll happen so aren't as ready as they would be with the other sales.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I tried to add some humour to this thread earlier as it is stressful waiting and someone gave me two downvotes (I had upvotes too). I have no idea why the person called sime did this but if I annoyed them I am sorry.

Just trying to relax the tension.

Been done to me too so gave you some up votes.

No idea why they do it either.

I found out about the sales after seeing Glastonbury tweet about it last year, I already had a ticket but a friend didn't so I texted her to say I'd seen it, and she went on a bought one no trouble. Didn't know it was happening so she was completely unprepared with details etc. and still got one about 10 minutes after it was tweeted probably, said there was no issue getting through the page either like on normal sales 

5 minutes ago, El R Davy said:

I've had a read through and most people just said 'YES GOT TICKETS!' didn't say how many etc.  

1 minute ago, Ian341 said:

The lack of action today is making me even more tense than the bedlam of yesterday. Anyone else feeling that?

I'm just glad to be off for the next four days. Another consecutive day like yesterday, where I realistically did no work, would have likely gotten me fired.

I actually feel surprisingly calmer today. It just feels like nothing's going to happen! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El R Davy said:

Yes I see, I am afraid I'm one of the newbies to the secret sales. I have been very fortunate to get tickets the past 7 times (2 sneak in's before that many many years ago) I have had no luck at all this year on all sale fronts. 

All newbs are welcome. I think it's great though it does have an impact on peoples chances, not so great. Swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, Ian341 said:

I'm meant to be using this time to do revision so I'm stressed out :( but yeah lack of action is tense too cos it's like u dunno whether it's safe to breathe or not

Just now, cb4747 said:

I've had a read through and most people just said 'YES GOT TICKETS!' didn't say how many etc.  

I actually feel surprisingly calmer today. It just feels like nothing's going to happen! 

When you feel like that, it will happen!

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

Thousands seems high.

Lets say the number on sale in a resale is anything over 1,350 (because that makes the maths easy) - that would mean that more than 1% of people cancelled just in the window between the first resale on April 17th and the cancellation deadline on 6th May - so basically in the space of 3 weeks.

Seetickets doesn't actually have that many phone operatives these days at least compared to say 10 years ago (when I knew a couple of people who worked there), so it doesn't take many people to cause a "rush".

1 minute ago, incident said:

Thousands seems high.

Lets say the number on sale in a resale is anything over 1,350 (because that makes the maths easy) - that would mean that more than 1% of people cancelled just in the window between the first resale on April 17th and the cancellation deadline on 6th May - so basically in the space of 3 weeks.

Seetickets doesn't actually have that many phone operatives these days at least compared to say 10 years ago (when I knew a couple of people who worked there), so it doesn't take many people to cause a "rush".

I suppose not that many people are aware of the actual refund deadline either. Seems like each year those who are active at the time of it get theirs sorted...but each year people miss out because they had an unavoidable appointment at the time the resale happened...