Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, Charm said:

One of my newbies got a refund last night, so there's another one back in the pot for you guys, let's hope many others have done the same, wishing you all lots of luck in the resales. 
Charm x

Good news for the faithful hoping for that resale, but what were they thinking, Charm?!

:)

Ben

5 minutes ago, siblin said:

Always been 4.  The page monitors just tripped as the page came up with a busy message

Oh I see. Had me panicking there, hopefully I'm as on the ball when the actual resale happens!

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Good news for the faithful hoping for that resale, but what were they thinking, Charm?!

:)

Ben

Bless him, he just doesn't know, decided a week in Ibiza was a better way to spend his money, I'm sure he will be gutted when his mum and dad go swanning off to the farm next month. 
Charm x

1 minute ago, cityboy75 said:

oh and just cos others moaning when I add you on WhatsApp don't say thanks in the group people are thinking the sale is on lol you can thank me in person at the farm if you want :D

Thank you.

I did reply, I apologise.

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 for one month membership (a non-recurring payment), where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, mocoworm said:

Good work. Have you made this yourself?

Yep.

And while I know it all works and much of it has been well-tested, I don't guarantee everything with the user interface is fault-free - so if you encounter any problems probably best to email me - admin@checkpage.co.uk

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 a month for membership, where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

Nice one!

I'm on board!

Thanks for putting the work in on this. We're hoping to pick up one ticket for my brother in law.

1 minute ago, MadScientist said:

Ah right i've only been needing to buy for 2 the entire time so not had a clue... failed every time so far!!! :(

As long as you're on the ball for the secret sale you should be fine. Make sure you have all your details and money prepared at all times.. I'd advise setting up page monitors on your PC and phone, setup notifications for glastonbury tweets, join a whatsapp group... have a memo on your phone/pc with all the needed information. I've got quite good at this secret re-sale nonsense haha. If i manage to snatch 2 tickets for my friends in the secret re-sale that will put my total of 20 tickets for glasto 2016! its strangely addictive

Just now, Michaelgball said:

As long as you're on the ball for the secret sale you should be fine. Make sure you have all your details and money prepared at all times.. I'd advise setting up page monitors on your PC and phone, setup notifications for glastonbury tweets, join a whatsapp group... have a memo on your phone/pc with all the needed information. I've got quite good at this secret re-sale nonsense haha. If i manage to snatch 2 tickets for my friends in the secret re-sale that will put my total of 20 tickets for glasto 2016! its strangely addictive

That's impressive! 20 vs my 0 ;)