Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, liambarton said:

£4.99 for a terrible Web checker app, Neil could make a killing if his system is as good as he thinks. 

it was an app that was suggested on this site sometime ago - It may be the way that I am using it :-(

1 minute ago, M_Il said:

I was getting the same issue over the weekend but if you go into the app click on edit and go into the saved webpage turn the notice faction off then back on and it has picked up the ones this morning again

will try that - thanks.

Just to add to that I also done the same in the settings app as well so I'm unsure which one helped but it was one or the other. When it wasn't working with a visual alert I did notice an audio the same sound as an email when the screen was unlocked so I don't know if it doesn't visually show you the alert if your screen is unlocked

2 hours ago, dj matt james said:

hi - are you able to add names to your mailing list prior to the resale? my monitor app is bobbins. It isn't picking up anything at the moment. :-(

1 hour ago, dj matt james said:

ah - good point. Checked settings - I didn't have alerts set. I have rectified that. 

If you still need it can certainly add you to the mailing list if you DM me your address

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Been told there is a secret resale on the seetickets website on May 6th at midnight. Any truth to this?

Well. The deadline for refunds is May 6th. That would certainly be putting a lot of pressure on the seetickets staff to sort all the refunds/new allocation of tickets out surely? I don't understand why they would release them at midnight either. 

20 minutes ago, cityboy75 said:

everyone who messaged me ive added to WhatsApp, and on a side note anyone downloaded that app called Glascovery its quite good

Cheers dude that is a good app! Just downloaded it. 

31 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Been told there is a secret resale on the seetickets website on May 6th at midnight. Any truth to this?

I think whoever has told you that has based it on the received wisdom that there will be no resale until the ticket refund deadline. That's on 6th May at 23:59, so there won't be a resale until after that time. 

Putting them on sale one minute later is going to be pushing it a bit to say the least. All previous unannounced resale shave been Monday- Friday during office hours. 

15 hours ago, clarkete said:

If you have the ability to connect on and have a go if something comes up after lunch time during the day, then make sure you're in this group and/or monitoring the page yourself.  You will have as much chance as anyone else :)

Thanks so much i'm in the whatsapp group now!!! x x x

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cityboy75 said:

everyone who messaged me ive added to WhatsApp, and on a side note anyone downloaded that app called Glascovery its quite good

Any idea where they got all the information from? Got alot of stages and set times that don't seem to be on here?

Thanks everyone who has helped me think i'm all set up now to wait for the resale, just got to keep my fingers crossed as this is the make or break moment and I really want to go :( ! On another note not sure if this is any use but i've heard that firefox browser is better for buying tickets to glasto than chrome because firefox tries more times to get to the page or something before reloading and putting you to the back of the que? Not sure how true it is so would appreciate if anyone could shed any light on this, if not it's always worth a try when the secret resales go up for those of us without a ticket!

8 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Thanks everyone who has helped me think i'm all set up now to wait for the resale, just got to keep my fingers crossed as this is the make or break moment and I really want to go :( ! On another note not sure if this is any use but i've heard that firefox browser is better for buying tickets to glasto than chrome because firefox tries more times to get to the page or something before reloading and putting you to the back of the que? Not sure how true it is so would appreciate if anyone could shed any light on this, if not it's always worth a try when the secret resales go up for those of us without a ticket!

I got some in the most recent general resale - I was using chrome with an auto-refresh plug in and IE pushing F5.  I actually got the page up first on IE, although the chrome page did also come up in the background whilst I was completing my order, so I'm not sure there's a massive amount of difference - that will be much less important than whether you can get to a machine once you've been notified.

Just now, clarkete said:

I got some in the most recent general resale - I was using chrome with an auto-refresh plug in and IE pushing F5.  I actually got the page up first on IE, although the chrome page did also come up in the background whilst I was completing my order, so I'm not sure there's a massive amount of difference - that will be much less important than whether you can get to a machine once you've been notified.

I'm hoping I have that on my side as I carry my laptop EVERYWHERE like I take it to uni everyday to make notes... I'm just hoping it's not like the last week of May as I will be having exams then and that will be the only time that I wont be able to be around a machine but I doubt it'll be then cos that wiull be the last week of May

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Oh crap just looked then and i have an exam the third thursday of may on the 19th at 2 o clock!!! Didn't they go on sale last year on the third thursday at 3???? Oh god I bet thats when they go up. If they do I will literally leave the uni hahahaha

19 minutes ago, Cleggleberry said:

Last year did anyone have any luck using their smart phones to buy tickets in the secret resale, or is a computer a must?  Just looking at various meetings scheduled for the magic week and trying to work out a plan so i am constantly poised!

Yes. I got an email from Siblin's notifier and then got the ticket page in Costa Coffee on 3G. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Oh crap just looked then and i have an exam the third thursday of may on the 19th at 2 o clock!!! Didn't they go on sale last year on the third thursday at 3???? Oh god I bet thats when they go up. If they do I will literally leave the uni hahahaha

Last year it was a monday, the previous year it was a thursday.

Just get lots of revision done and smash the exam in 15 minutes ;)

7 hours ago, dj matt james said:

I downloaded the 4.99 version of webchecker. I am not getting any updates from  Glastonbury.seetickets.com

help !!!!

I had 5 updates today  from webchecker

image.png

Edited by keb77
Adding photo

1 hour ago, MadScientist said:

When I did it, it was Wednesday 8th May 2013 and I think it was about 1pm.

1 hour ago, Cleggleberry said:

Last year did anyone have any luck using their smart phones to buy tickets in the secret resale, or is a computer a must?  Just looking at various meetings scheduled for the magic week and trying to work out a plan so i am constantly poised!

My sister has certainly done it several times for us on her ipad, so I don't see why not, as long as you'r able to put the details in competently on it - which I would probably struggle with on my phone as it would be a pretty small page.