Secret resales 2015

Terence99

So http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras has changed for Sunday tickets and now carpark tickets (although carpark rickets not available when you click through).

But http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Tour/Glastonbury-2016 had Sunday tickets available to buy last night.

I read that the second url is not worth monitoring because it won't change when a resale goes live. But it seems that monitoring this page would give you a headstart. Any IT gurus have any idea on this?

5 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

I didn't know there was a return period? The last few years iv known it to be the week after the resale last year it was 11 days after  (tomorrow) 

No it wasnt.  It was mid May - its after the refund deadline which is always around the end of the first week in May :)

1 hour ago, siblin said:

The festival ticket prices usually go up less than the rate of inflation so are getting cheaper in real terms (though recent years of low inflation has changed that), and its a 5 day festival.  When you account for other festivals early entry costs and onsider how much goes to the worthy causes etc i don't think they can be accused of profiteering.

Is that wholly true? I know this is the case across the board in the realms of entertainment but festivals has risen considerably above inflation since I started going.

2010 - £185 - adjusted £223

2005 - £125 - adjusted £173

2000 - £87 - adjusted £136

1995 - £65 - adjusted £116

1 hour ago, siblin said:

And that is sadly true, but with the help of people on here hopefully its "Small", rather than "Almost Zero"

They always say it's small but last year when I did the whatsapp I think all of us got one just need to be constantly monitoring 

19 minutes ago, cityboy75 said:

They always say it's small but last year when I did the whatsapp I think all of us got one just need to be constantly monitoring 

Yer A lot of people got them last year through Cityboys whattsapp (i messed up but that's another story) fact is until the refund date has expired they dont know how many they will have!  If you keep up to date with what's going through this tread you stand a decent chance 

46 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

Is that wholly true? I know this is the case across the board in the realms of entertainment but festivals has risen considerably above inflation since I started going.

2010 - £185 - adjusted £223

2005 - £125 - adjusted £173

2000 - £87 - adjusted £136

1995 - £65 - adjusted £116

Is that based on RPI or CPI?

9 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

Yer A lot of people got them last year through Cityboys whattsapp (i messed up but that's another story) fact is until the refund date has expired they dont know how many they will have!  If you keep up to date with what's going through this tread you stand a decent chance 

Definitely. I've got the feeling as long as you're savvy and keeping on top of things you stand a good chance. I'm keeping my diary free from the 6th onwards!

3 hours ago, hurdy said:

So http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras has changed for Sunday tickets and now carpark tickets (although carpark rickets not available when you click through).

But http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Tour/Glastonbury-2016 had Sunday tickets available to buy last night.

I read that the second url is not worth monitoring because it won't change when a resale goes live. But it seems that monitoring this page would give you a headstart. Any IT gurus have any idea on this?

It would work if someone ran a script to input a good registration number to see if the backend was showing tickets as available. Although they might also block the IP of anyone trying that. 

As it stands, that page is unlikely to change so if you were just monitoring that one you'd probably not know the sale had happened until you read about it on here. 

Edit: I thought you were talking about the one that ended '910001' (or whatever it was). Nothing wrong with monitoring that page although I can't see any advantage in doing so. 

Edited by musky