Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I got an email alert from Siblin just after 12 Monday saying something had changed and immediately got the holding page. I posted it on a couple of threads but I'm not sure if anybody actually got tickets?

hang on in there folks and good luck for when it happens.

The resale was 3pm on 18th May last year, so my guess is its likely to be that same week again this year, although will no doubt be sitting watching the page monitor intently for the week before as still trying to get 3 more for friends currently without. Got 4 in the secret resale last year, so not given up hope yet.

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Why don't they just announce resales on Twitter? I don't understand the need for the secrecy?

Emily did last year but about 3mins after the booking page went live. But this was too late as most of the vigilant Efesters had already snapped up the tickets - which is obviously a good thing.

If you REALLY want to go you have to check every hour on the hour. You'll be amazed at how easy it is if you are ready and organised. No timing out issues like the other sales but you have to be committed.

14 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

What is siblin?  And what page url are you monitoring? 

Thanks btw 

Sorry, that should have read @siblin he's a member on here that set up a page monitor for see. He added me to it for last years resales. May be worth sending him a message to see if he can add you.

Shaun.

11 hours ago, karaseen said:

I've just tried this link - being curious and it does take action when you enter a reg number and postcode. im afraid I only have my used reg number with me but it does recognize that a ticket has already been bought. I'd give it a try if I was looking for a ticket as I'm sure it usually just gives an error message when things are really inactive?

Just tried using an unfilled reg number and I'm afraid it says GA tickets not on sale:(

Edited by The other Bellboy

10 hours ago, siblin said:

Good question.  They don't publicly announce them as they don't want/need thousands of people hitting their website, though I'm not sure they haven't announced them on twitter before.

I believe efestivals Twitter sometimes posts links too so I've got that monitored as well as the Glastonbury page and Emily's twitter. also I saw your post about page monitoring, is there a way to do it without having to have it open live on a browser? Or on a phone? I want to use it but I can't have it open at work and I'm sure the tickets will go live while I'm at work! 

7 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Emily did last year but about 3mins after the booking page went live. But this was too late as most of the vigilant Efesters had already snapped up the tickets - which is obviously a good thing.

If you REALLY want to go you have to check every hour on the hour. You'll be amazed at how easy it is if you are ready and organised. No timing out issues like the other sales but you have to be committed.

The Glastonbury Festivals accounts tweeted a couple of minutes earlier, so it would be better to follow that one. I not sure exactly when they went on sale last year, and it may not have been spot on the hour (although it was about 3pm). Being a secret sale they're under no pressure to keep to a strict timetable.

Am I the only one that freaks out if he sees that something about the website changed? Tomorrow all of the 4 pages I moniter gave me alerts and I woke up, couldn't sleep afterwards because of the exitement.

That's the link people keep on posting but it never seems to do anything, os either they are selling one by one and it's really weird, either more people are on it than thought. It is unlikely that none of the page monitors we have wouldn't have picked it up though.

1 minute ago, mirupuu said:

That's the link people keep on posting but it never seems to do anything, os either they are selling one by one and it's really weird, either more people are on it than thought. It is unlikely that none of the page monitors we have wouldn't have picked it up though.

I thought it was strange because its too quiet on here, but they are adamant they just got a single coach ticket. I'm unsure what to think!

13 hours ago, Fake Encore said:

I have set up;

Punchr & Netsnips on my Iphone.

I have notifications turned on the twitter page

and completely alienated my wife, anything else I need to be doing?

Are those apps working well? Found it hard finding a good iphone page monitor app

4 hours ago, J1990 said:

How many tickets roughly are usually sold in the secret resale?

this is a really good question.  I can tell you in the last two years it was definitely more than 100 and probably less than 1000.