Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just remember guys, the benefit of buying your ticket in the secret resale is we get to see all the horrific clashes before we commit financially. :D

Let me direct this thread to this lovely post by @Mickball to get the secret sale ball rolling...

20 minutes ago, Mickball said:

We luckily have tickets for everybody in our group now, but I have prepared a script for secret resales that is running on a server 24/7 to check the tickets page for changes every 5 seconds. It fires off an email to me when the page changes.

I can add some efesters email addresses to be notified. PM me details if you'd like to go on the list. 

It sends a mail through my gmail, which has anti-spam limits, so I can only add so many people to the list unfortunately.

1 minute ago, james130 said:

Hey guys,

Have been a guest to this forum over the last four years now and have found it seriously helpful on a number of occasions, so thanks! I thought it was about time to join. Luckily i'm returning again this year, but failed this morning; for the fourth time, in trying to get my friend a ticket, who's been with me every year. Obviously she's devastated, so i've helped her apply for all the usual job opportunities at the festival. Any info/help on these secret resales would be massively appreciated though. 

Look at my post a couple of posts above. Easy if you're on a computer at work.

2 minutes ago, cliffysbiro said:

I also need to keep an eye out for secret sales. I can't be at the computer all the time so I'm hoping that email alerts to my phone will be enough! Visualping's intervals are useless though.Considering signing up for a free trial of Distill Page Monitor for the SMS updates...

Someone elsewhere mentioned a smartphone app called "Web Alert".  I haven't used it, but installed it and it looks straightforward.

2 minutes ago, sully1311 said:

Look at my post a couple of posts above. Easy if you're on a computer at work.

Thanks for that Sully, i've set it up!
Really wish there was an app that could send push notifications for this sort of thing too.

I'm sure it's easy enough if you have the technical know-how but would be great it someone had made a wizard that did it for you. 

Last year some absolute hero set up a whatsapp group. It remained inactive until the tickets went on sale. I managed to get one because of it. If that happens to be set up definitely jump on board. For the life of me i cannt remember the name of the absolute legend who set it up last year. I still owe them a pint of hot and spicy!! 

Keep the faith guys! Thanks to Siblin's awesome tracker, I managed to get three tickets in the secret resale last year. In the same boat this year, but I remain optimistic. I'd also be very interested in getting involved with the Whatsapp group if that's happening this year

Hi All

I got my boyfriends ticket in one of the secret resales last year via this page- You guys are heros!! It was termed the golden ticket as I just happened to be checking the forums on the resale day at the right time!! Its was definitely the 18th May last year as we picked up the keys to our new house on the same day.... So never fear- it can be done!

Good luck all xxx

14 minutes ago, ancient_one said:

I have just checked my VisualPing on Chrome. On the Browser tab, I have set check interval to 5 sec. Seems to work.

I've changed this now, thanks for the tip. Am I right in thinking that on the Browser tab this only detects changes when Chrome is open? Ideally I'd like something that could alert me when I'm away from my laptop as well, but I've downloaded the Web Alert app that clarkete suggested and this seems to run in the background on my phone all the time and can monitor once a minute. That'll do for now, fingers crossed!

Hmm.. I'm not feeling so confident about the secret resales as there seems to be a lot of people after a handful of tickets. Have any of you failed to get tickets this way after really trying? It seems it would be kinda brutal to lose out so close to the festival.. (sorry for the pessimism but I'd rather be prepared for the worse :cry:)

Hey! Got unlucky which is very frustrating because well, I actually had a coach ticket that I had to sell back and try to get a GA one (was unsucessful). Hopefully will get lucky in the secret resale! Was wondering if a page monitor set every 5sec is enough to get through it?

43 minutes ago, mirupuu said:

Hey! Got unlucky which is very frustrating because well, I actually had a coach ticket that I had to sell back and try to get a GA one (was unsucessful). Hopefully will get lucky in the secret resale! Was wondering if a page monitor set every 5sec is enough to get through it?

Why on earth did you give a tickey up without the guarantee of a replacement

Hi, 

I am also one of those with 0 posts, but I use this forum regularly for info. Me and my friend have tried for tickets this year and again missed out. We're devastated, like countless others. 

Regular contributors obviously deserve priority, but any help with secret resales would be greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou Siblin for your help.