Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I was worried something was up i've had about 50 emails today :laugh:

The page won't open on my mobile either :'( (This isn't a whinge at you by the way Siblin just wondering if anyone else is having mobile site issues?)

I keep getting a message saying too many redirects. Don't know how to get round it on iPhone/pad

I'm getting exactly the same thing on Android as well. I think this is an issue with Seetickets as I was getting on the site fine with both of the resales.

Asked this on the resale thread earlier, and was told it should be okay, but wondered what you guys thought as well. With registrations re-opening today are we sure it'll allow you to buy tickets for this year, and it's not just for next year? My friend who forgot to register is excited now, and I don't want him to be disappointed.

Once you're on the database i can't imagine it'll make a difference

So there was a lot of notifications from my script today due to a half-job updating see tickets site (its delivering a different page every time its requested). Implemented a work around.

The redirect is a redirect loop on the mobile site. Its trying to direct you to a mobile site which doesn't exist and is diverting you back to the main site.

• Upvote 1

follow that page is nothing to do with me, so i've no idea if its supposed to email you ;) I have a system which I wrote for the benefit of my family, friends, and the good people of online communities such as this. DM me your email address and I'll add you.

Hi Siblin,

If its alright could you explain a bit further about the page monitoring as the ones ive signed up to have tended to be a day late with notifying me.

many thanks

I have the page monitor extension in my chrome browser, What does everyone else use? I have to admit, I only started using it yesterday - I'm yet to see how it works and if it works!

I'm mainly looking to get 1 ticket for a friend - I made him try to get tickets for 2 of my friends when he got through during the resales, however, the transaction mucked up due to trying to add the other 2 - I feel very guilty and I'd love to surprise him with a ticket!

Hey Siblin.

I managed to DM you this morning (it wasn't working yesterday) hopefully you got my email and don't mind adding me to your list. Happy to reimburse you with multiple ciders over the weekend if we manage to get through.

You are a gent and a scholar

Adam

Hi, the seetickets website gives me the correct page now with options to register etc, on my Android phone, with Chrome and Opera mini, so the dodgy link seems to have been fixed.

Indeed thanks siblin you're a star.

There are a few pages around that will check for changes on a link. Problem is most of them only check once every 12 or 24 hours which isn't enough for something like this.

The most frequent I've come across is this one.

https://www.followthatpage.com/

The free version checks 20x a day which is much better. However if you're ok with paying $20 for a year it will check every 10mins which is pretty good.

Not sure how Siblins script works but for those who want something different this is a pretty good alternative.

I got tickets a couple of years in the resale thanks to announcements on this forum! We got coach tickets from London, they were available for a good 30mins in the middle of the day before they went unavailable again.

This time I'm using 'followthatpage' so hopefully that will alert me! I'm going to be checking all day every day after the 8th....

Got all my fingers and toes crossed!!

DISTIL extension works well in firefox, just sent my pulse racing with an alert bang on 12pm which allowed me to add registrations, however on pressing proceed

Admission tickets are currently unavailable.

Interesting that I didn't get an alert from Siblin for that, despite getting loads for piffling changes earlier. It must have been up for literally seconds.

follow that page is nothing to do with me, so i've no idea if its supposed to email you ;) I have a system which I wrote for the benefit of my family, friends, and the good people of online communities such as this. DM me your email address and I'll add you.

Hi Siblin is it OK to add me to your list?

Hi Siblin,

If its alright could you explain a bit further about the page monitoring as the ones ive signed up to have tended to be a day late with notifying me.

many thanks

What this chap says>>>

Indeed thanks siblin you're a star.

There are a few pages around that will check for changes on a link. Problem is most of them only check once every 12 or 24 hours which isn't enough for something like this.

The most frequent I've come across is this one.

https://www.followthatpage.com/

The free version checks 20x a day which is much better. However if you're ok with paying $20 for a year it will check every 10mins which is pretty good.

Not sure how Siblins script works but for those who want something different this is a pretty good alternative.

Mine does something very similar but is focused on just glasto URL's so it currently checks every 5 minutes, and i increase that to less than one minute closer to the time. I also do a bit of logic that is specific to the way the site is put together to try and make it as accurate as possible

Plus I only charge an optional donation of a cider on site, and work on a no-win-no-fee basis ;)

• Upvote 4

What this chap says>>>

Mine does something very similar but is focused on just glasto URL's so it currently checks every 5 minutes, and i increase that to less than one minute closer to the time. I also do a bit of logic that is specific to the way the site is put together to try and make it as accurate as possible

Plus I only charge an optional donation of a cider on site, and work on a no-win-no-fee basis ;)

Siblin, would it be ok to send you my email address? I didn't want to be rude and just send it across.

In return if we get tickets we'll buy you a cider each and a novelty hat of your choosing :sarcastic: