Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Morning all,

Hope there were a lot of successful people today in the resale?

I was trying for my brother and his mate and having put in my payment details was then told it had sold out during that time. It's the closest I've ever been even when trying for myself so massively frustrated.

I know there will be secret resales coming in the next few weeks. Can anyone recall exactly how long after the resale they begin and exactly how frequently they occur? Also am I correct in thinking that there is a way of being immediately notified when they come on sale; through a notification email that is activated when the page changes? Having told my brother how great Glasto is and evidenced by how often I've been I really want him to see it for himself. Any suggestions and advice you guys have is most welcome.

Happy Sunday.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Morning all,

Hope there were a lot of successful people today in the resale?

I was trying for my brother and his mate and having put in my payment details was then told it had sold out during that time. It's the closest I've ever been even when trying for myself so massively frustrated.

I know there will be secret resales coming in the next few weeks. Can anyone recall exactly how long after the resale they begin and exactly how frequently they occur? Also am I correct in thinking that there is a way of being immediately notified when they come on sale; through a notification email that is activated when the page changes? Having told my brother how great Glasto is and evidenced by how often I've been I really want him to see it for himself. Any suggestions and advice you guys have is most welcome.

Happy Sunday.

I've just been trying to work it out. I have an email alert to my computer from follow that page but that isn't much good unless I am glued to the computer! I think I need a smart phone.

If I recall last year they happened 8 (or was it 15) days after the resale, starting with a coach resale on the monday, and a general on the weds, with the odd little couple of tickets here and there.

Anyone tech savvy out there can let me know how to get alerts on my phone? Either using twitter or by some other means?

I have a page monitor that can email when a page changes, specifically for this purpose. It was successful for around 100 people last year, a handful of whom turned up to give me a cider on the thursday (i was very drunk on friday morning). As per last year DM me your emails. I suspect i'll have a busy day with this today!

On iPhones i know if you set it to automatically check email as fast as you can, or enable push notifications on for something like outlook.com, or and add the page monitor email to your VIP list and it comes up as a notification on your main screen pretty quick

• Upvote 5

If I recall last year they happened 8 (or was it 15) days after the resale, starting with a coach resale on the monday, and a general on the weds, with the odd little couple of tickets here and there.

I have a page monitor that can email when a page changes, specifically for this purpose. It was successful for around 100 people last year, a handful of whom turned up to give me a cider on the thursday (i was very drunk on friday morning). As per last year DM me your emails. I suspect i'll have a busy day with this today!

On iPhones i know if you set it to automatically check email as fast as you can, or enable push notifications on for something like outlook.com, or and add the page monitor email to your VIP list and it comes up as a notification on your main screen pretty quick

How can I use the page monitor?? could you send me an email about the alert?? pleeeease

ugauga0206@gmail.com

Edited by CHOI

Hi Siblin, you're a legend and a gent, I look forward to buying you a few more scoops at Wed meet up if you're going again - or if we bump into you onsite again like last year, think you will still be owed quite a few large ones by the many you have helped (including me) over the past few years.

What page monitor do you use Siblin? I have used visualping in the past for (non Glastonbury) tickets but wonder if there is anything better out there.

Hi Siblin, you're a legend and a gent, I look forward to buying you a few more scoops at Wed meet up if you're going again - or if we bump into you onsite again like last year, think you will still be owed quite a few large ones by the many you have helped (including me) over the past few years.

I think its thursday, but yes, one of the two or both! Is your niece coming along this year too?

What page monitor do you use Siblin? I have used visualping in the past for (non Glastonbury) tickets but wonder if there is anything better out there.

Its a script on a server which i wrote, checks it every 30-60 seconds and sends out a mailshot if the page changes

Phew.. think i'm keeping on top of these requests. If i've missed you give me a prod.

Just a quick note (and apology) to say if you're a bit of a lurker (if for example you have 0 or 1 posts) i'm likely to just ignore your DM, purely because its tricky enough to keep on top of the requests and the people who are part of this little community here have to take priority. Announce yourself, post on a few forums, then try asking again in a week or so!

Phew.. think i'm keeping on top of these requests. If i've missed you give me a prod.

Just a quick note (and apology) to say if you're a bit of a lurker (if for example you have 0 or 1 posts) i'm likely to just ignore your DM, purely because its tricky enough to keep on top of the requests and the people who are part of this little community here have to take priority. Announce yourself, post on a few forums, then try asking again in a week or so!

Hi - I am one of those with 0 posts, so hello to the forum. Fully understand the regular community should get priority. Both my wife and I have been passive users of this forum over the years and it's been a great source of info. Maybe we can contribute more actively rather than just reading

Edited by ollywomble