Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I saw that this thread had crossed the 1000 barrier, and thought that there's blind determination for you. So, I looked up something on the net to represent that, and I came up with this piece of art work that is called 'Blind Determination'. I thought I'd show it to you, as a slight diversion,  to pass the time away;

Image result for blind determination

Still wishing you all the best of luck.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

Good luck kinkyinuit. 

Is the regular ticket somebody else who you will have to look like? Is it someone you know whose ID you can borrow? 

I believe staff tickets are a thing but what they would look like, I have no idea. 

You'll have to look like the person in the photo.  In previous years it was possible to get in as long as you've got a passing resemblance but with recent events, I would imagine that each ticket holder will come under a bit more scrutiny than usual.

Unfortunately the ticket I was looking at, looked a few years older than me.  I would imagine it's easier to get away with a photo with someone younger than yourself on it (and blag them saying its an old photo), but its harder to do the same when the person in the photo is clearly 5-10 years older.

As for staff tickets, I'm sure that they must exist, however whenever I have volunteered or worked, I never got an actual ticket, just an email which shows who I'm working for, so I have no idea what to look for, apart from making sure the Glastonbury logo and colour style match the theme for 2017.  

Things are getting desperate now, I doubt I'll find someone selling a ticket who looks like me but I may as well keep looking.

I'm just hoping that I either win one of the competitions I entered or the charity I applied to work with pull something out the bag.

8 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

You'll have to look like the person in the photo.  In previous years it was possible to get in as long as you've got a passing resemblance but with recent events, I would imagine that each ticket holder will come under a bit more scrutiny than usual.

Unfortunately the ticket I was looking at, looked a few years older than me.  I would imagine it's easier to get away with a photo with someone younger than yourself on it (and blag them saying its an old photo), but its harder to do the same when the person in the photo is clearly 5-10 years older.

As for staff tickets, I'm sure that they must exist, however whenever I have volunteered or worked, I never got an actual ticket, just an email which shows who I'm working for, so I have no idea what to look for, apart from making sure the Glastonbury logo and colour style match the theme for 2017.  

Things are getting desperate now, I doubt I'll find someone selling a ticket who looks like me but I may as well keep looking.

I'm just hoping that I either win one of the competitions I entered or the charity I applied to work with pull something out the bag.

I see. 

It's worth a shot at least finding more out about the staff ticket I reckon. Are you able to view it before paying money? Also, how much money they are asking for can sometimes be an indication. 

Just now, Charcolate said:

I see. 

It's worth a shot at least finding more out about the staff ticket I reckon. Are you able to view it before paying money? Also, how much money they are asking for can sometimes be an indication. 

Standard ticket price.  I've asked for a photo of it but got no reply so I'm even more dubious.  We shall see, not holding my breath by any means though!

Long time lurker here.

From people's experience, do any last minute jobs/volunteering come up? I guess organisations would go to people that they already have on a reserve list? I already booked the time off work (booked it last year) so I could go at short notice but no success in getting a ticket like many folk. I wish I'd thought about working/volunteering earlier but I was waiting for that secret resale (I was about 30 seconds too slow last year!).

Right .. sorted. Found someone selling a ticket and the picture on it is a spitting image of me. He sent me the picture to make sure I was happy with it.What a result!

IMG_2067.JPG

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AntG77 said:

Long time lurker here.

From people's experience, do any last minute jobs/volunteering come up? I guess organisations would go to people that they already have on a reserve list? I already booked the time off work (booked it last year) so I could go at short notice but no success in getting a ticket like many folk. I wish I'd thought about working/volunteering earlier but I was waiting for that secret resale (I was about 30 seconds too slow last year!).

It does happen, it's unlikely but it does happen.  The latest I've managed to get in previously was in late April / May but even that was a long shot.

All you can do, is reach out to as many charities and organisations as possible and pray.  

@andyb66 HEY YOU GUUUUYYYS

Good work on getting yourself a ticket.  See guys, there's still hope!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Charcolate said:

No I wasn't, my friend got it for me. It's been explained now though. Only works that way for April tickets. I got an October ticket.

I know, I'm talking about April tickets :) October tickets are different, that's whoever pays the balance off.  Obviously for coaches this is all irrelevant :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Ben86 said:

Still no sign of any radio competition for tickets (unless I've missed them) last year didn't they have ones on radio 1,2 and 6. Has anyone heard anything?

Not heard anything, which is weird as Radio 1 especially normally seem to be pretty good with that stuff. Odd!

Edited by DareToDibble

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Not heard anything, which is weird as Radio 1 especially normally seem to be pretty good with that stuff. Odd!

the tin foil hat brigade seem to think due to recent terror events, the BBC aren't doing a competition in the unlikely chance that another incident happens and they'd be in some way liable for any injury.

It's plausible, but I hope it isn't true because a) God damn it, we all deserve the chance to win tickets and b ) then the terrorists win.

I'm not sure whether they'd do a competition this close to the festival though, I hope I'm wrong

31 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

the tin foil hat brigade seem to think due to recent terror events, the BBC aren't doing a competition in the unlikely chance that another incident happens and they'd be in some way liable for any injury.

It's plausible, but I hope it isn't true because a) God damn it, we all deserve the chance to win tickets and b ) then the terrorists win.

I'm not sure whether they'd do a competition this close to the festival though, I hope I'm wrong

I'm pretty sure the Radio 1 competition last year was the weekend before so still a slim hope. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances with security. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please let me know and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. 

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Irish Charles said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances with security. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please let me know and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. 

Thanks.

Not sure this thread is your best bet for finding people with spare tickets.

31 minutes ago, Irish Charles said:

Yeah, thought as much, mate. But desperate people do desperate things.

There was a fella trying to get rid of a coach ticket on here yesterday but it seems to have disappeared? Or I've gone all cabin fever in this thread and imagined it. Message @Buggy Boy

I'm just back from my cousin's in order to use her art supplies... I'm no artist but Kaiser Chiefs are running a competion for someone to design their stage backdrop design for Glastonbury... Closing date is 15/06/17 and they will annouce a winner the next day. Head to their Twitter or Facebook pages for details. Apologies if already posted!

Edit... after spending some time doing this... I've just noticed the prize isn't a Glasto ticket, but to have the backdrop made and get some handwritten lyrics and merchandise. Dammit.

Edited by AntG77
Edit text added.