Secret resales 2015

Terence99

57 minutes ago, hurdy said:

For Android, I've had this on my phone for a couple of weeks after it was recommended on here. 

Web Alert: Watch any website for changes.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.webalert

I'd find this so useful for all sorts of things - not just this - as the likes of followthatpage are less useful being pc based. But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an iPhone equivalent 

10 hours ago, siblin said:

I guess we're here again!

I understand that members of the community goes first, but if by any chance you have a free email slot, could you please take mine :) ? thanks

as for page monitors, I found the Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/alertbox/ very good, and you can set it up to every 5second!

22 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Last year some absolute hero set up a whatsapp group. It remained inactive until the tickets went on sale. I managed to get one because of it. If that happens to be set up definitely jump on board. For the life of me i cannt remember the name of the absolute legend who set it up last year. I still owe them a pint of hot and spicy!! 

This seems like a fantastic idea, I'd love to be apart of the Whatsapp group, if it doesn't get set up within the next few days I'd be happy to try and set one up?

2 minutes ago, theDandy said:

This seems like a fantastic idea, I'd love to be apart of the Whatsapp group, if it doesn't get set up within the next few days I'd be happy to try and set one up?

Your timing is impecable.

I just set this up. Time to get the ball rolling this year.

Edited by T-Mouse
  • Upvote 1

I can never get through, tried for 5 years! It's always a friend who manages to get our tickets. Upgraded the broadband and new laptop in September and still didn't get on the page. Didn't get lucky through mates this year either :( Fingers crossed for the secret resale...... :) 

I missed out again, although trying with 20 friends (unexpeced error). If I set this up correctly, what are my chances? Do you guys normally always get tickets when doing this? I sooooo want to go I'm desperate.

I just thought about it: Is anyone interested in joining a whatsapp group so we can alert each other once the secret sales are happening? I know I'm new here, but maybe we can help each other in this way? Sent me a P.M. if you are interested!

4 minutes ago, Minky-Monkey said:

I just thought about it: Is anyone interested in joining a whatsapp group so we can alert each other once the secret sales are happening? I know I'm new here, but maybe we can help each other in this way? Sent me a P.M. if you are interested!

There's already talk of one here

9 minutes ago, ancient_one said:

Much hilarity at work. My PC makes the sound of a cuckoo clock, and a few seconds later my phone plays the theme to The Professionals. Yes, the website has just changed to put Photo Registration back on, and both VisualPing and WebAlert are doing their jobs.

Same thing happened to me, got very excited briefly! 

last year how many days after the re sale did the secret resale happen

(I know I could trawl through pages of data,, and I have tried the thingy, I have also asked me mam, she doesn't' know)

Edited by shuttlep

Two weeks after last year. Think it's been less than that in previous years.

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

last year how many days after the re sale did the secret resale happen

(I know I could trawl through pages of data,, and I have tried the thingy, I have also asked me mam, she doesn't' know)

36 minutes ago, miffmiffy said:

Two weeks after last year. Think it's been less than that in previous years.

Hmm, there was a secret resale last year on 18th May wasn't there? So about 4 weeks after the main resale - but maybe there was an earlier one as well as the 18th?

People have got until 6th May to cancel their tickets this year. Am guessing the resale is going to be sometime from Mon 9th May onwards - would put my money on the 16th if I had to.

C.

• Upvote 1

IIRC each year it has been a week or two after cancellation deadline.

In 2014 there was a small dump of coach tickets on the Monday, a handful here and there, and then one main dump of GA tickets later on in the week, I think on the Thurs.

Last year they all seemed to come through at once (no coach resales).  I remember we expected it might be the week after cancellation deadline but there was nothing that week, and it ended up being the week after.  Ultimately his happened on Monday the 18th of May, almost a month after the main sale, and (to my knowledge) there were no other secret resales.  We had some suspicion that it might have been later than planned due to a technical problem processing payments.

This year, as cancellation deadline is the 6th, my guess would be WC 16th, though the 9th isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I'd settle down for the long-haul folks.

• Upvote 1