Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

I can't read the T&Cs for the Twitter comp properly on my phone but they don't seem to have a time and date for the anmouncement. Does anyone know from experience when it might be? Will it be after 10 tonight? That's when I'm usually falling asleep :lol:

I don't think we've heard who the winners from the other two BBC band competitions are yet... I think in the T&Cs it says the winner will be notified within two days. Seems a bit odd if they're keeping the winners secret...

3 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

I can't read the T&Cs for the Twitter comp properly on my phone but they don't seem to have a time and date for the anmouncement. Does anyone know from experience when it might be? Will it be after 10 tonight? That's when I'm usually falling asleep :lol:

It doesn't say when they will contact the winner.

1 minute ago, actionstations said:

I don't think we've heard who the winners from the other two BBC band competitions are yet... I think in the T&Cs it says the winner will be notified within two days. Seems a bit odd if they're keeping the winners secret...

There are 4 in total. The Blossoms one we all missed on Friday.

5 minutes ago, actionstations said:

The four competitions are odd, when you think about the big song and dance they made about the Radio 1 ticket competition, yet these go mostly unmentioned.

4 minutes ago, markian said:

Well I guess that kinds of gives us the definitive answer we have been waiting 6+ weeks for :-/

I posted it on May 16th. Some called it fake, others called me a troll. Though I thought I best post it back then as people had said they were spending hours checking the pages at work and could get sacked. So knew I was doing the right thing.

Edited by Bb-dog
Spelling error
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, markian said:

Well I guess that kinds of gives us the definitive answer we have been waiting 6+ weeks for :-/

The bit about the absorbed tickets is probably true to be honest but to say there is no such thing as a secret resale is plainly poppycock!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

The bit about the absorbed tickets is probably true to be honest but to say there is no such thing as a secret resale is plainly poppycock!

Not really as see and GF do announce these sales on their twitter feeds so technically aren't really secret. That's just what we call them.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Pretty sure we got that exact answer several weeks ago be collectively refused to believe a word of it.

We did - I believe it may well have been the same statement word for word.

The difference now is of course that were only a week away so if nothing else the inevitability that there wont be another sale has crept up on us.

9 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

I posted it on May 16th. Some called it fake, others called me a troll. Though I thought I best post it back then as people had said they were spending hours checking the pages at work and could get sacked. So knew I was doing the right thing.

I must've missed that somehow, but it makes sense as to why people were talking about the licence not allowing GA tickets to be used by crew as crew have their own allocation. As set out in the licence.

Edited by markian
Checking out pings... STIL

17 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

Cheers Bb-dog thanks for clarifying

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Oh? I got 2 Siblin pings for the main page. Couldn't see anything changed though.

Right Siblin the one I havent got. Nothing on checkpage/ PageMonitor Pro/ Visual Ping/ Distill. Certainly no changes on main page - but a mini-leap in browsers which suggests others got it as well

It went to a page error on Siblins monitor so maybe a problem on the connection he was using. It happened lots yesterday at the point I was in the dentist chair. I must have looked crazy when I told them I had to check my email at that point as there may have been a slight chance of a Glastonbury ticket on sale!

1 hour ago, Bb-dog said:

Bad form from Seetickets and Glastonbury imo. If they knew that there wasn't going to be a "secret resale" because there was no tickets left then they should have publicised it properly. I'm sorry you guys didn't get tickets, but it's an opportunity to spend the money on something else, another festival in a sunny country could be just as enjoyable.