Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks for your wee tips guys, ended up going mid-set but still squirmed my way up close! Was a great gig :D

Should have been at the SSE for the stone roses - the bars were that poorly organised you would have not bothered trying to get a pint (20 minutes plus queueing)

28 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

So....

Are we actually up for a Secret Resales Meet up at some point?

Some of us certainly. Realised though the peace sign attempt thing is on Thu midday so maybe 2pm at the Cider bus is a bit tight. 

I'll pop by if I can, only get my shifts on Monday though.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

morning peeps ..... I'm already aware of a number of people who've been ripped by fraudsters, and the desperate are easy meat for them.

Don't get suckered!!!!

It's a sad world when someone will stoop this low ... I'm not sure of the mentality of some oxygen wasters 

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I thought there was but it was a secret.

All I know is that smurfs are blue and koalas like knob jokes.

There is something fitting about leaving it "secret" heh heh.

Or sending out lots of whatsapp messages saying when and where its about to happen - then going silent.

Re the meet.

I really would love to say hi in person to you but time is tight. I have a meet up with people elsewhere at around 3.30 Thursday and on my to see list is Mik Artisitc and out of all his sets there is only one I can make!!!

The Gateway Thursday at 2.30 - whether I actually get there is as always another matter!!

If there is a meet and if I can pop in quickly how do we recognise each other?

18 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Is this a particular issue this year N - or is this more a general warning? Fair point either way

I've no idea if fraudsters are operating more or less than other years, but I know they're at work this year, and some people who use efests have been had (tho i'm not sure if it was via here or not).

ANYONE offering tickets doesn't have a legitimate ticket to sell.

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Re the meet.

I really would love to say hi in person to you but time is tight. I have a meet up with people elsewhere at around 3.30 Thursday and on my to see list is Mik Artisitc and out of all his sets there is only one I can make!!!

The Gateway Thursday at 2.30 - whether I actually get there is as always another matter!!

If there is a meet and if I can pop in quickly how do we recognise each other?

Other option is the efests meet on the Wednesday

50 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

morning peeps ..... I'm already aware of a number of people who've been ripped by fraudsters, and the desperate are easy meat for them.

Don't get suckered!!!!

There's lots of them about at the moment! Unfortunatey there are also a lot of desperate people!

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

There's lots of them about at the moment! Unfortunatey there are also a lot of desperate people!

I had a conversation with a female telephone agent at See at the end of May.  I got through OK [i.e. quickly, but the other day had to wait an hour, at 13p a minute from a landline] - and she went away and, after a while, came back to say there would be a resale a week before the festival starts. Tickets could be bought online or by phone, she added. Perhaps someone wants to ask See online what's happening.  When i got thru after an hour a few days ago, the agent refused to go and ask what the ticket situation was; he just insisted said there would be no resale. Make of all this what you will - but when does the fest officially start? 

Edited by scorp

1 minute ago, scorp said:

I had a conversation with a female telephone agent at See at the end of May.  I got through OK [i.e. quickly, but the other day had to wait an hour, at 13p a minute from a landline] - and she went away and, after a while, came back to say there would be a resale a week before the festival starts. Tickets could be bought online or by phone, she added. Perhaps someone wants to ask See online what's happening.  When i got thru after an hour a few days ago, the agent refused to go and ask what the ticket situation was; he just insisted said there would be no resale. Make of all this what you will. 

Arrrgh! I guess we will see by close of play today.

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

I had a conversation with a female telephone agent at See at the end of May.  I got through OK [i.e. quickly, but the other day had to wait an hour, at 13p a minute from a landline] - and she went away and, after a while, came back to say there would be a resale a week before the festival starts. Tickets could be bought online or by phone, she added. Perhaps someone wants to ask See online what's happening.  When i got thru after an hour a few days ago, the agent refused to go and ask what the ticket situation was; he just insisted said there would be no resale. Make of all this what you will - but does the fest officially start? 

The end of May, how come you're only telling us now?:huh:

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

The end of May, how come you're only telling us now?:huh:

Better ask the two people i was tasked with getting ticks for. ok, i was asked to keep quiet but i aint doing that now.

Edited by scorp

14 minutes ago, scorp said:

I had a conversation with a female telephone agent at See at the end of May.  I got through OK [i.e. quickly, but the other day had to wait an hour, at 13p a minute from a landline] - and she went away and, after a while, came back to say there would be a resale a week before the festival starts. Tickets could be bought online or by phone, she added. Perhaps someone wants to ask See online what's happening.  When i got thru after an hour a few days ago, the agent refused to go and ask what the ticket situation was; he just insisted said there would be no resale. Make of all this what you will - but when does the fest officially start? 

Times like those that you should take as much info from the agent as possible, name or agent number, time of call, supervisor name etc. Otherwise trying to follow up that call is useless. Hopefully its true. Either way still lots of us waiting on one. 

Edited by lobo

Just now, lobo said:

Times like those that you should take as much info from the agent as possible, name or agent number, time of call, supervisor name etc. Otherwise trying to follow up that call us useless. Hopefully its true. Either way still lots of us waiting on one. 

Yeah, in hindsight. But the way she put it, it seemed so hunky dory at the time.

Just now, lobo said:

Times like those that you should take as much info from the agent as possible, name or agent number, time of call, supervisor name etc. Otherwise trying to follow up that call us useless. Hopefully its true. Either way still lots of us waiting on one. 

Damn right. Cant bring myself to get worked up about this yet again. We've come to terms with none of the family being able to get tickets. If it happens (and it almost certainly wont) then great.

10 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Just popped in for first time today. So sad to see we're losing you Mo. Your support humour and kindness has brought many a smile. Still hoping we might see you there - but if not have a wonderful summer and good luck with tix in 2019

I will still lurk here and I do have my ticket sorted, I was trying to secure one for my partner, this would've been our 10th glasto together and due to group buying dynamics someone got a ticket for me but not him - our house has been a tense strange place over the past few months.

So I will see some of you at the meet Wed, and keep fingers crossed for those final competitions and those risking much to get themselves there too.