Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I go away next week and tickets for the past couple of years have always been delivered whilst away, so there may be some still up for grabs?

i remember one of my earlier trips to glasto mid 2000's when tickets arrived less than one week before gates opened - that was squeaky bum time

2 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

I hope last nights events makes everyone going to glastonbury bond together (even more than normal) to show their defiance to last nights terrorists.

Apparently Glastonbury was on a list circulated amongst terroists to target. Quite worrying really but it won't stop me going.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

I'm hoping this sale happens today. At what point do we down tools and give in?

When the fat lady sings! So that'll be June 20th...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Where have you got that information from?

It was in an article in one of the papers last year. Someone from the Met was quoted as saying that music festivals such as Glastonbury are high on the agenda of terrorists as well as the obvious big sporting events. The forces are placed on high alert for big festivals now. 

Just now, Mark_safc said:

It was in an article in one of the papers last year. Someone from the Met was quoted as saying that music festivals such as Glastonbury are high on the agenda of terrorists as well as the obvious big sporting events. The forces are placed on high alert for big festivals now. 

Yeah, but that's purely based on the fact that it gathers a huge crowd. There was no evidence pointing at Glasto specifically.

4 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

I'm hoping the difficulty in getting a ticket in the first place is off putting enough. Plus the photo registration etc are probably just too much of a hassle for the dickheads to bother.

Edited by lobo

Morning all. Terrible news from Manchester last night - clearly in everyone's thoughts.

Wanted to share this email I just received about some tickets that were due to go on-sale on Friday but have now been postponed. May well be the case with the resale. 

In terms of Glasto being on a terror hit list my advice is not to believe everything you read! It's as likely or unlikely as the next festival/venue/stadium, etc. 

Stay safe and good luck in the resales. I've been glued to this thread for over three weeks now and trying for just one. Keep up the dedication - it will all pay off xxx

IMG_6116.PNG

7 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

I go away next week and tickets for the past couple of years have always been delivered whilst away, so there may be some still up for grabs?

i remember one of my earlier trips to glasto mid 2000's when tickets arrived less than one week before gates opened - that was squeaky bum time

They were very late last year with some of them. On the Monday they emailed us to say we would have to collect them on site and then on the Tuesday they said they were being delivered by post that. In the end we had to collect them at 0830 on the Wednesday morning from the PO before setting off in the car.

There is either something up or they have learnt nothing after the shambles that was 2016. 

18 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

As above it was more to do with any large gathering of people. I would think that Glastonbury was one of the safest places to be to be honest but as has been mentioned so many times you cannot and must not live your life in fear of something like this happening. The odds are minuscule you get caught up in something like a terror attack and the best thing you can do is live your life as normal. 

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

As above it was more to do with any large gathering of people. I would think that Glastonbury was one of the safest places to be to be honest but as has been mentioned so many times you cannot and must not live your life in fear of something like this happening. The odds are minuscule you get caught up in something like a terror attack and the best thing you can do is live your life as normal. 

Couldn't agree more! You cannot live in fear. I'm in Manchester this morning, back at work. The journey in was quiet and sombre but people are just getting on with their lives. Nothing else you can do!

I really don't see the logic regarding postponing any ticket sales unless they are for m.e.n specifically but I guess the fear that will inevitably arise out of something like last night could have a negative affect on ticket sales or even lead to performers pulling out of gigs. My thinking is that any possible ticket resale is solely down to the fact Sees admin seems in a bit of disarray this year.

Pure speculation on my part of course, just my own views...