Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I hate them..always so rude..and actually he had the cheek to hang up on me!! nobody cares about ppi, accident claims, or double glazing..we are focussing, leave us alone!

i sometimes enjoy it just for the opportunity to shout at them and tell them how scummy they are :rolleyes: but not around resale time!!

1 minute ago, svphie said:

i sometimes enjoy it just for the opportunity to shout at them and tell them how scummy they are :rolleyes: but not around resale time!!

I take the opportunity to make up a long and elaborate story about how I lost my eyes and hearing in a boating accident and how it's a miracle I managed to answer the phone at all. I usually end up talking to a manager (the other scammer in a sitting room in Brum), who listens before becoming quite pissed off. It's the minor victories that makes life worth living.

2 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

I take the opportunity to make up a long and elaborate story about how I lost my eyes and hearing in a boating accident and how it's a miracle I managed to answer the phone at all. I usually end up talking to a manager (the other scammer in a sitting room in Brum), who listens before becoming quite pissed off. It's the minor victories that makes life worth living.

brilliant :lol:

Just now, morethanaphelan said:

hahahah brilliant. next time i'm gonna tell em that i lost the tips of all my fingers and toes in an accident and i need their help to locate them

8 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

I tell them I'm just on the other line and can they hold... put it on mute.. and see how long it takes them to hang up.  Usually 3+ mins

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, svphie said:

this happened to me the other day! i got so pissed off and shouted 'NO' down the phone then hung up <_<

Bet the PPI claims companies are loving all the answers they are getting right  now! I generally just ignore phone calls from unknown numbers!

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Bet the PPI claims companies are loving all the answers they are getting right  now! I generally just ignore phone calls from unknown numbers!

Yeah, after I've had my fun I add the number to a long list of blocked numbers. I think I've got most of them now. I get maybe one call a month, which is down from a couple a week about a year back. I like to think they block me, which is an achievement in itself.

2 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

Yeah, after I've had my fun I add the number to a long list of blocked numbers. I think I've got most of them now. I get maybe one call a month, which is down from a couple a week about a year back. I like to think they block me, which is an achievement in itself.

Yeah when I do get caught with one of those calls I never put the phone down on them but drag out the conversation as long as I can waste their time until they put the phone down on me (often accompanied by a swear word after they've lost their temper)!  Drives the missus mad that I do it for so long but it's like a game eh?

8 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I generally just ignore phone calls from unknown numbers!

Me, I have a bit of fun with them if I've got a minute. :D

We can reduce your energy bills
Oh, that's a shame, I have too much money and want to pay more. Is that a service you offer?

Have you had an accident lately?
Yeah, I had a really bad one.
Oh, sorry to hear that. What happened? (sound of counting money in the background)
I'm not sure. I had a really bad accident and it's affected my memory.
Etc, etc.

We're from Windows helpline and your computer is infected with a virus
Oh, ok, just wait while it boots up.
(3 mins later) Has it booted up yet?
No, it's really slow, sorry. (etc, etc ... eventually)
What can you see on your screen?
Apple.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oh, that's a shame, I have too much money and want to pay more. Is that a service you offer?

Oh, sorry to hear that. What happened? (sound of counting money in the background)
Etc, etc.

Apple.

Excellent..i normally tell the windows people they must have the wrong person as i've never owned a computer. Then i get asked how i send emails which of course i've never heard of. 

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Etc, etc.

Apple.

I sometimes tell them I was involved in a nasty accident and passed away. Quite a hilarious awkward silence ensues and they generally never call be back again! 

Or I tell them I'm so glad they called as I'm so lonely and just need someone to talk to. They usually hang up straight away! 

Edited by Lucy92
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Etc, etc.

Apple.

He he, nicely done.