Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the tickets might have been the same number, but the reason they sold much more quickly is because many more people were set-up with methods to alert them to it.

I'd definitely say that from last year there were many more monitoring the page than had been the case in previous years, from the various posts on here.

Hi Neil.  Do you have a link to your checker? Obviously, I'm happy to pay for it. Thanks

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

The new filters are in place, so the same won't happen again from the same error messages.

Apologies for the unnecessary alerts, tho each time See use a new error message (as they do occasionally) there's nothing that can be done until after it's happened.

Just a thought - you don't think See are deliberately introducing these spurious changes to use up everyone's credits and neutralise the impact of the page, checkers?

Just now, BluePaul said:

Just a thought - you don't think See are deliberately introducing these spurious changes to use up everyone's credits and neutralise the impact of the page, checkers?

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if the changes are made to screw up page monitors, yup ... tho it's also very possible that it's simply the result of changes and improvements to their system, where the person making that change invents their own wording for error-traps rather than working to a defined set of error message wordings.

The second of those is how it goes with any changes I make with the content manager used here, so I reckon it's much more likely that than them deliberating trying to screw up page monitors.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no choice but to pay for it :P ... it's a service that's charged for, because it sends texts and the texts aren't free. Any profits are used to help fund efestivals.

It's at http://www.checkpage.co.uk

Thanks Neil. Ive bought and set it up and have sent the link to a few otherd too.

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Is there any chance that the date(s) of the Secret Resales could b added to The Thingy @Gnomicide??

Just to give everyone a small clue, not that there is any pattern.

#AHTT

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Giving everyone a clue when the secret resale might be sounds like an awful idea for anyone interested in benefitting from it.

I think we had this discussion last year and decided to leave them off as they weren't officially announced and I'd rather eFests folk benefit from the knowledge shared on this site. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think we had this discussion last year and decided to leave them off as they weren't officially announced and I'd rather eFests folk benefit from the knowledge shared on this site. 

That is fair - we may well have had the conversation last year too but I forget what I spoke about yesterday so no hope that far back ha ha.

I am thankful that personally I have never needed to use the secret resales ti geta  ticket and only do it to try and help others - I could not handle the stress if the tickets were for me!

13 minutes ago, gibble said:

I'm in a meeting all day on May 11th - is the resale likely to be before then? :(

It might be or it might not, that's the nature of the secret resales. 

From memory the last 4 resales have been 5 days after the refund deadline (x2), 6 days after and 10 days after. I wouldn't read anything into that though. #thereisno pattern

Hmmm now I'm think that google monitor is a bit of a waste of time...I got a couple of notifications yesterday evening, but not loads like you guys have been talking about. But then, I did have my laptop off while i was asleep (6 hours behind over here) so maybe that's why :-/

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's no choice but to pay for it :P ... it's a service that's charged for, because it sends texts and the texts aren't free. Any profits are used to help fund efestivals.

It's at http://www.checkpage.co.uk

hello,

Its only for UK phone numbers, that is so unfair.....
So I won't be able to get it so if someone is ok to take my tickets if I give my registration numbers i offer 100£ if you get them. Thanks so much...

6 minutes ago, Marie Dewet said:

hello,

So I won't be able to get it so if someone is ok to take my tickets if I give my registration numbers i offer 100£ if you get them. Thanks so much...

I guess it costs more to send to foreign numbers. Like I've said in other threads the resales are very very difficult to get tickets in so I'm all for keeping up hope but it's worth looking at the other options of getting there too like volunteering etc if you're that desperate to go. 

6 minutes ago, Marie Dewet said:

hello,

To be fair, I imagine it's not overly cost efficient to send text alerts to international numbers.

7 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

To be fair, I imagine it's not overly cost efficient to send text alerts to international numbers.

Nah, its definitely not. My friend was happily texting me whilst ive been away until he realised it was costing 40p a text. He since changed to whatsapp. Your fiver def wouldnt go very far!