Secret resales 2015

Terence99

23 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

The more I read about the secret sales the more I wonder what the point is. Well apart from that million to one chance you're on the seetickets page just as the last batch of tickets are put up for sale and you nab a couple... 

It seems that last year was the first to go so quickly. 

And they have to shift the tickets somehow 

In a way I'm gutted last year was my first ever Glasto after many years of deliberating and eventually doing nothing every year the past ten years. But on the flip side the agony of not getting a ticket each year would have probably killed me by now! 

Just now, somecoolusername said:

It seems that last year was the first to go so quickly. 

And they have to shift the tickets somehow 

What they could do to spice things up a bit is say they have 200 tickets unsold , rather than have a secret unannounced sale they could liaise with the Glasto site and pick 100 registered emails at random and offer each person one pair...But..., you have 15 minutes of the email being sent to claim the tickets and pay for them in full...If you don't claim in time then another email address is picked out.

Just in case anyone from seetickets happens to glance at this forum and like my idea then my email address is andyb66...... :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Only reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if last year was an outlier. Maybe there were fewer tickets cancelled or something? Because it seems ridiculous that it's turned into basically a write off in such a short space of time. But, as I said, maybe people have just become a lot more clued up.

There were definitely less tickets available last year, rather than more people knowing about it (although that's undoubtedly the case as well). When the tickets became available the opening page had something like 'A very limited number of tickets are for sale'. That was the first time I can recall that they've done that.

14 minutes ago, musky said:

There were definitely less tickets available last year, rather than more people knowing about it (although that's undoubtedly the case as well). When the tickets became available the opening page had something like 'A very limited number of tickets are for sale'. That was the first time I can recall that they've done that.

Also there was so much publicity about the secret sales, much more than ever before I think, so there was a mad stampede for the few that came available.

Maybe this year we won't talk about them so much and the faithful will stand a better chance... (come on, tell me that's not fair!)

11 minutes ago, billum said:

Also there was so much publicity about the secret sales, much more than ever before I think, so there was a mad stampede for the few that came available.

Maybe this year we won't talk about them so much and the faithful will stand a better chance... (come on, tell me that's not fair!)

Sadly social media has killed secret resales for eFesters. I was also in need last year and despite getting a page I wasn't fast enough to complete it. In previous years I have called/DM'd people to alert them and they have always been successful. 

Good luck, and as I was told when I won tickets last year - Fortune favours the brave!! :)

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

Sadly social media has killed secret resales for eFesters. I was also in need last year and despite getting a page I wasn't fast enough to complete it. In previous years I have called/DM'd people to alert them and they have always been successful. 

Good luck, and as I was told when I won tickets last year - Fortune favours the brave!! :)

Indeed. I've just spotted a post on FB linking to this very thread. :mellow:

The problem is that you must use one of the apps\groups  to be in with a chance and they are set up to alert you every time the page changes. So if last year's anything to go by, over the next couple months, the alarms will set off multiple times a day, making everyone panic and after the 100th false alarm, when everyone is exausted and it looks like the sale will never happen, up pops the tickets at a completed random time, and you had better not be on the toilet, having a shower, taking the kids to school, or doing anything at all really because you will only have microseconds to beat everyone else to the golden tickets.

If you can handle that and you have a good therapist and a strong heart.. then by all means go for it! :wacko:

Err, ok, 29 alerts received now and have run out of credits. Don't think I will put any more money in at the moment as I get the feeling it will vanish very, very quickly!!

and here's why.... this is the changed text from the page with all white space removed

NotFoundNotFoundHTTPError404.Therequestedresourceisnotfound.

The page kept alternating between the 'normal' page and that. Given the time it happened, it's probably because of backups or similar happening on See's system and temporarily overloading it,

I've already got a number of similar 'offline' msgs filtered out but I can only add them to the filter after they've happened, and as this is one I've not seen before it couldn't be trapped.

I'll add a new filter now, so it can't happen again if the same error happens.

8 hours ago, musky said:

the tickets might have been the same number, but the reason they sold much more quickly is because many more people were set-up with methods to alert them to it.

I'd definitely say that from last year there were many more monitoring the page than had been the case in previous years, from the various posts on here.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Is there any chance that the date(s) of the Secret Resales could b added to The Thingy @Gnomicide??

Just to give everyone a small clue, not that there is any pattern.

#AHTT

Giving everyone a clue when the secret resale might be sounds like an awful idea for anyone interested in benefitting from it.