Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, bec87w said:

Refund deadline is Friday 5th May - 
"If you are unable to come to the Festival, and require a refund for your ticket, please contact See Tickets on 01158 960073 before midnight Friday May 5th 2017. ...Tickets are non-refundable after the deadline of Friday May 5th."

Brilliant. Thank you very much. So, is it safe to assume we aren't on high alert till then?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

don't think there's been any for Glasto ticket pages today. My system hasn't detected any, anyway.

Weird. I setup a similar program to run on my phone and it pinged several times today and gave me a small heart murmur!!   

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Weird. I setup a similar program to run on my phone and it pinged several times today and gave me a small heart murmur!!   

I thought the Apple Watch tap-on-the-wrist was sophisticated, but this new tech-body integration is amazing :P

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

i've got some of the things it might change to filtered out, as they're known 'unnecessary' changes to the page, that aren't the tickets going on sale (stuff like the 'busy' msg, and other things). So that might be why.

hello there !!

I didn't managed to get a ticket in the general sale last week on the two dates.... I am SO desperate. In 2010 I got my tickets within 2 minutes!!!

I want to go to this years SO bad. So I want to get a ticket by the secret resales but as I didn't managed to get one on the general sales when I knew the date and the hour... It desperates me even more. All the monitors to get alerts I checked are putting alerts every hours so it won't work. The only ones that seems to put an alert as soon as the site changes is checkpages.co.uk BUT you have to have an english phone number to subscribe !!!! I'm French. Maybe is there a whatsapp group that exists??

Maybe there are people that know well how to get a ticket by these secret resales when being alerted as soon as the tickets are on sale. So I am really serious when I 'm saying this : If I give you my registration number and that someone succeed to have tickets for me I will refund you on the day of the sale + giving you 100£ to thank you.
I cross my fingers I want to go so bad I would do anything and would be so happy to give 100£ to the one who will succeed to get me a ticket.
Sorry for my english and hope there will be people here who can help me!! Thank you so much :))))))))))) :):):)

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Marie Dewet said:

hello there !!

I didn't managed to get a ticket in the general sale last week on the two dates.... I am SO desperate. In 2010 I got my tickets within 2 minutes!!!

I want to go to this years SO bad. So I want to get a ticket by the secret resales but as I didn't managed to get one on the general sales when I knew the date and the hour... It desperates me even more. All the monitors to get alerts I checked are putting alerts every hours so it won't work. The only ones that seems to put an alert as soon as the site changes is checkpages.co.uk BUT you have to have an english phone number to subscribe !!!! I'm French. Maybe is there a whatsapp group that exists??

Maybe there are people that know well how to get a ticket by these secret resales when being alerted as soon as the tickets are on sale. So I am really serious when I 'm saying this : If I give you my registration number and that someone succeed to have tickets for me I will refund you on the day of the sale + giving you 100£ to thank you.
I cross my fingers I want to go so bad I would do anything and would be so happy to give 100£ to the one who will succeed to get me a ticket.
Sorry for my english and hope there will be people here who can help me!! Thank you so much :))))))))))) :):):)

Have you thought about volunteering at the festival? Oxfam have a waiting list and will take people if they get drop outs 

Just now, Marie Dewet said:

yes but I dont want to see nothing of the gigs when working 3 x 8 hours and I checked and its on waiting list

Thank you

I was at the mercy of the secret resales last year and it was brutal. It sells out so so quickly and it's just complete luck if you're near a computer at the time as there's no warning and from memory it wasn't at an exact time either. I didn't manage to get any, the ones that did were just very lucky! 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, scott44 said:

How long did the Secret Resale actually last?

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Less than two minutes. I logged on the second I got the alert got my details in and it was sold out 

Around 90 seconds - I had been waiting and waiting like so many others but the call of nature had to be answered - I went and came back and in that short time it had started and finished!

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Around 90 seconds - I had been waiting and waiting like so many others but the call of nature had to be answered - I went and came back and in that short time it had started and finished!

I'd say you've got as much chance of winnng a comp as you have at the secret resales 

How did the secret resales go in '14/'15? Because I bought in one of the secret resales in 2013 (I seem to remember there being several) and tickets were hanging around for quite a while. I had time to ring the person I was buying for, fail to get through, deliberate for a bit, then decide to go ahead and buy. And I wasn't using any page checkers. Just happened to see a tweet that tickets were on sale.

It just seems ridiculous that in 3 years they've turned into a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type thing. Though I guess people are becoming more and more clued up with regards to page monitors etc.

3 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

How did the secret resales go in '14/'15? Because I bought in one of the secret resales in 2013 (I seem to remember there being several) and tickets were hanging around for quite a while. I had time to ring the person I was buying for, fail to get through, deliberate for a bit, then decide to go ahead and buy. And I wasn't using any page checkers. Just happened to see a tweet that tickets were on sale.

It just seems ridiculous that in 3 years they've turned into a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type thing. Though I guess people are becoming more and more clued up with regards to page monitors etc.

We managed to get tix in secret sale 2015 but no luck last year. 2015 lasted bit longer 10 mins at least only one sale I recall. Don't think so many people we aware of it in 2015. Last year was like blink of an eye. I didn't even get on page. 

Good luck to everyone trying. This thread is amazing with everyone supporting each other. 

Only reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if last year was an outlier. Maybe there were fewer tickets cancelled or something? Because it seems ridiculous that it's turned into basically a write off in such a short space of time. But, as I said, maybe people have just become a lot more clued up.

7 minutes ago, scott44 said:

Oh my that is a joke. I thought it was about 10 minutes or something. Seriously would need to just sit at your PC for next few weeks staring at the screen to even have half a chance. I really could not be dealing with that at all. Horrendous!

Well, I suppose the slight upside to how horrendous it was last year might put some people off.... maybe!!

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

I would probably argue secret resale may be harder this year. One weeks' smaller gap between the resale and the cancellation deadline means fewer returns probably. 

A 30 second job then.... haha! It does seem like somewhat of an impossible task!

The more I read about the secret sales the more I wonder what the point is. Well apart from that million to one chance you're on the seetickets page just as the last batch of tickets are put up for sale and you nab a couple... 

13 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

The more I read about the secret sales the more I wonder what the point is. Well apart from that million to one chance you're on the seetickets page just as the last batch of tickets are put up for sale and you nab a couple... 

Gotta be in it to win it!