Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Is the radio 2 one tonight? Ah man it's bought on heartburn lmao! Any tips on the montage ones?! 

not sure just trying to find out. Well for the R1 montage ones with 'some' clips you can Shazam it if they've put the clip on the internet. Other than that it's just being able to recognize the music. 

Good luck with those comps, I hope you get something! 

We decided to admit defeat and have booked a few days at Alton Towers, which we've been meaning to do for a while, so that should keep us occupied and away from any highlights! I think a social media ban might be needed as well seeing as I was already a bit upset about not being at Isle of Wight this year (and I've not been to that one in about 3 years!) 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, QueenPesky said:

Good luck with those comps, I hope you get something! 

We decided to admit defeat and have booked a few days at Alton Towers, which we've been meaning to do for a while, so that should keep us occupied and away from any highlights! I think a social media ban might be needed as well seeing as I was already a bit upset about not being at Isle of Wight this year (and I've not been to that one in about 3 years!) 

Thank you :) 

31 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

am  extremely small one but they did I got put on the holding page for about 30 seconds but then it went back to event not found.

The holding page has been on and off intermittently since the main sale. I don't think any tickets have been up today, my alerts just say they put the holding page up for a few minutes and then took it back down

2 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I doubt there'd be a sale now as there isn't enough time to get tickets out to people 

No they don't seem to be getting tickets out that well  to people who already bought tickets haha 

1 hour ago, MadScientist said:

I doubt there'd be a sale now as there isn't enough time to get tickets out to people 

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

No they don't seem to be getting tickets out that well  to people who already bought tickets haha 

Stop being so negative, I'm trying to live in denial here

17 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

Stop being so negative, I'm trying to live in denial here

haha! ;) sorry! I think I've finally come to accept that it's OK to not be going to Glastonbury because I am definitely getting a ticket for next year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

haha! ;) sorry! I think I've finally come to accept that it's OK to not be going to Glastonbury because I am definitely getting a ticket for next year.

And there was I assuming you'd be listening to 6music at 4 each day to win them. 

Since you mentioned that you spend lots of time doing them and that you've won a few tickets, I tend to think of you like an efestivals equivalent of this magazine which even used to exist in the heady days before the internet http://www.competitorscompanion.com/

1 hour ago, Hollybella said:

Are there any brown haired females out there selling a Glastonbury ticket!! Much appreciated :)

There's a new thread called '1 Glastonbury ticket may be available'. Look on the front page. (Sorry - not sure how to link you to it)

On 11 June 2016 at 3:35 PM, MadScientist said:

I know this isn't allowed really but I know of people who've used the tickets of people who look like them - it usually works because the staff at the gate are just volunteers who aren't overly bothered and just have a quick look. Risky of course 

This kind of really bugs me. I have worked on the gates for Oxfam as a volunteer checking tickets and photos. Yes there will be some people who don't really care but on the whole the people I met really did care, in fact to an annoying level! You could also be 'sacked ' and removed from site if you didn't take it seriously. There are members of the council and GFL monitoring the gates as well, including the use of secret shoppers to test how Oxfam are doing. lots of ways into the festival and I have tried most but after working for Oxfam I don't think this fair to take the piss of the volunteers.

• Upvote 4

On 13 June 2016 at 4:56 PM, gherring8 said:

Same as I have just posted in the competition thread but thought this may be of use to anyone still trying... No idea of details but came up on my Twitter feed so thought I would share just in case.

lb.JPG

I am interested in volunteeringI am interested in volunteering

18 hours ago, Pink_Tequila said:

This kind of really bugs me. I have worked on the gates for Oxfam as a volunteer checking tickets and photos. Yes there will be some people who don't really care but on the whole the people I met really did care, in fact to an annoying level! You could also be 'sacked ' and removed from site if you didn't take it seriously. There are members of the council and GFL monitoring the gates as well, including the use of secret shoppers to test how Oxfam are doing. lots of ways into the festival and I have tried most but after working for Oxfam I don't think this fair to take the piss of the volunteers.

I see your point , but I can't blame  people trying to get in on somebody else's ticket , this is what's wrong with the ticket system , if somebody cant go for what ever reason and they took out insurance and the insurance will not pay out , this happen to somebody we know ,he started a new job and could not get the time off ,his insurance would not pay out so he sold his ticket for a lot less than face value just go get some money back , the person who bought his ticket did get in , I think they needs to be something in place to transfer tickets to people who want to go, why should a person lose the ticket money because of the system glasto has in place now ,  I understand it's about stopping touts but it needs changing , i I read on here people who did not get in on other peoples tickets , me personally would not buy anybody's ticket just to go I would stay at home if I didn't have 1 , but if I was  working on the gate I would let everybody in who had a ticket in hand , even if the photo on ticket was not the person holding it,most of the people going just want to have a good time ,

so why spoil it for them

Edited by PetePie

8 minutes ago, PetePie said:

I see your point , but I can't blame  people trying to get in on somebody else's ticket , this is what's wrong with the ticket system , if somebody cant go for what ever reason and they took out insurance and the insurance will not pay out , this happen to somebody we know ,he started a new job and could not get the time off ,his insurance would not pay out so he sold his ticket for a lot less than face value just go get some money back , the person who bought his ticket did get in , I think they needs to be something in place to transfer tickets to people who want to go, why should a person lose the ticket money because of the system glasto has in place now ,  I understand it's about stopping touts but it needs changing , i I read on here people who did not get on on other peoples tickets , me personally would not buy anybody's ticket just to go I would stay at home if I didn't have 1 , but if I was  working on the gate I would let everybody in who had a ticket in hand , even if the photo on ticket was not the person holding it,most of the people going just want to have a good time ,

so why spoil it for them

There should be a system where the tickets can be transferred but for face value only.

• Upvote 1