Jump to content
Terence99

Secret resales 2015

Recommended Posts

Might be useful for anyone unlucky 2019: don't hesitate signing up for DC Site Services. Of course you'll see less acts then you'd normally do, but they really helped me seeing the headliners I wanted when I had shifts (Radiohead + Justice). I also liked the experience of seeing the other side of Glastonbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

or bristol downs festival ...... have an upvote :-)

Sounds like that would involve cider...

 

Cider and me do not get on... at all!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Bristol back end of last year . I was forced to drink some cider in the Corrie Tap pub. 

I lost 4 hours of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

Sounds like that would involve cider...

 

Cider and me do not get on... at all!

defo involves LARGE amounts of the golden nectar lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, sorry i didnt make it to any of the meets. o2 was utter shite this year and notifications came through or got sent hours later. Gave up on whats app in the end! Hope you all had a blast and i hope those who missed out are now glad its all over and looking forward to 2019.

I was very, very lucky to be on the farm this year but i highly doubt i'd go through all of the weeks of resale build up then stress of using a locals ticket transfer again. Luckily this was personally one of my best Glastonburys in years so the pay off seemed worth it, really lucked out in every way possible. I doubt i would have felt the same last year though as it was hard work in 2016, lots of problems and struggles all weekend.  

I'll never forget walking through the gate this year, the fear, panic when questioned, then utter joy once the wrist band was on. Such an intense start to the weekend.

Definitely taking a different more organised approach to ticket day in the future and will make back up plans well in advance based on line up at different festivals. Hopefully the Variety Bazar will turn out to be a perfect alternative. Now back to the mountain or work thats built up over the past two months...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lobo said:

Hey guys, sorry i didnt make it to any of the meets. o2 was utter shite this year and notifications came through or got sent hours later. Gave up on whats app in the end! Hope you all had a blast and i hope those who missed out are now glad its all over and looking forward to 2019.

I was very, very lucky to be on the farm this year but i highly doubt i'd go through all of the weeks of resale build up then stress of using a locals ticket transfer again. Luckily this was personally one of my best Glastonburys in years so the pay off seemed worth it, really lucked out in every way possible. I doubt i would have felt the same last year though as it was hard work in 2016, lots of problems and struggles all weekend.  

I'll never forget walking through the gate this year, the fear, panic when questioned, then utter joy once the wrist band was on. Such an intense start to the weekend.

Definitely taking a different more organised approach to ticket day in the future and will make back up plans well in advance based on line up at different festivals. Hopefully the Variety Bazar will turn out to be a perfect alternative. Now back to the mountain or work thats built up over the past two months...

same here , makeing so many plans , contacts well ahead of the game rather than after the resale when everyone is chasing the ilusive tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

same here , makeing so many plans , contacts well ahead of the game rather than after the resale when everyone is chasing the ilusive tickets

That said .. i will still be logging in here even WHEN i get tickets , as i have had such a laugh on here , plenty of Nobb jokes ect.

all you guys on here have been awesome :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

 

all you guys on here have been awesome :-)

 But some more awesome than others.   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Respect to you guys. I was in this situation last year after 9 in a row and didn't get em. This year was 10th year.  Guess just meant to be. Last year not being there was horrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You've been awesomest Andy

by the sounds of it , im suprised you can remember lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You've been awesomest Andy

Most awesomest? I don't care if that's an actual word or not I thank you from the heart of my bottom..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have to keep it going , if for nothing else than the nobb jokes ... lol

im off to naples , sorento and venice in two weeks with my glasto money to celibrate a milestone birthday .. the BIG half way :-(...

 

still would have rather spent the money at glasto though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just thrown the piece of paper away with the reg numbers I had by my side for about 5 weeks before the festival. 

Had a brief convo with my mate via text after the festival about Glastonbury (He went away camping with his family)

I will be forever in his debt as he got my ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just let the impending efests (extended) void happen gracefully. This thread will be resurrected in due course. 

The whatsapp group has gone quiet now, lets bump that before Tday 2018 too...

anyway 

 

IMG_2098.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so wanted to post this when it happened but never got the chance - damn you See tickets.

Image result for eavis it's happening gif

 

2019 festival - all loyal folks on this thread will not need any resales, secret or otherwise for all shall be successful in October 2018.

 

Koalas are great.

Beavers are brill.

Smurfs are blue.

Knobs create jokes.

I am pickled in vodka.

Love, peace and tickets.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I so wanted to post this when it happened but never got the chance - damn you See tickets.

Image result for eavis it's happening gif

 

2019 festival - all loyal folks on this thread will not need any resales, secret or otherwise for all shall be successful in October 2018.

 

Koalas are great.

Beavers are brill.

Smurfs are blue.

Knobs create jokes.

I am pickled in vodka.

Love, peace and tickets.

love it ... have a well earned upvote :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2017 at 8:39 PM, Charcolate said:

Successful with my partners staff/performer ticket. Thank you @rumpola for this :wub:

My pleasure.

This is the first time ive been back on the forum since Glastonbury started as I couldnt bear to know about it considering I didnt have a ticket and I'm glad it all went well for you. Hope you had a fabulous time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there ever actually a secret resale this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UEF said:

Was there ever actually a secret resale this year?

No :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, verrymerry said:

No :(

Well that's weird then :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×