Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Sad to see some of the old secret resale crew lose out again ? last year was brutal! 

I was very kindly taken into a group from an Efest member after failing last year. Someone in the group got me and my partner tickets. Cant believe I’m going. I Didn’t see the booking page once! 

Iv promised to help the rest of our group out but will check in to help here too once I’ve successfully bagged those guys tickets ?

• Upvote 1

I was very lucky again this time, but I highly recommend doing 2 festivals with Oxfam each summer to get priority status. This allows early (almost guarenteed) applications to volunteer at Glastonbury. After my very close failure of 2016 (I won tickets via @eFestivals at the last minute) I have done this ever since! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

With Stormzy announced for Friday , I’m guessing there will be quite a number of ticket returns, which will leave more in the resale and potentially a few less trying for them !

he’s not my taste but with over 100 stages and 1000 performances there will be something else on another stage that will delight my musical ear . 

Its all good , bring on the resales:-)

I really don’t think the announcement of a single headliner is going to make much difference to the number of ticket returns at the moment. The younger generation who have just got tickets for the first time will doubtless be quite excited by the announcement. The older generation will know there is other things to do if it’s not their thing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46399707

I wonder if this will have an impact on future ticket sales ?its an article about needing authentication from banks when spending more than £27 online ...

It would add yet another stressful hurdle, I’m increasingly having to use this system but it occasionally doesn’t seem to work and then you have to request another code is sent, by that time if it’s Glastonbury tickets you could be in trouble.

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It would add yet another stressful hurdle, I’m increasingly having to use this system but it occasionally doesn’t seem to work and then you have to request another code is sent, by that time if it’s Glastonbury tickets you could be in trouble.

that was my thoughts ... it will be in time for the resale too .... lets hope there is a work around for certain purchases :(

The difficulty being that if you are in a group with strangers or just using someone elses card you would need their passwords too ... or one time passwords would need an extra stage while the card owner gets back to the purchaser with the passcode ... gonna be an absolute pain unfortunately 

23 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh my days and nights .. yet more stress on resales ...please tell me they will come up with some sort of pre-authentication on the registration site ..

or we are all DOOMED ..

I hope they sort something or its going to really mess up those trying for strangers :( 

4 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Also says one time password, so that's assuming you just need to verify each of your cards once? So just try and get your card verified before the re-sale.

Or am I reading the wording wrong.

Santander already use a one time password for some payments, you have to do it on each transaction. The one time password means you get a new password every time, not that you only have to do it once.

Hi Gang, another 'survivor' here from last year's weeks and weeks of daily secret resale loitering. Also, unsuccessful again this time around. Will be trying in the official resale but calling it after that I think, I still get woken up by phantom brain 'pings' in my sleep after last year.

Good luck to all! 

14 hours ago, Mawson said:

Santander already use a one time password for some payments, you have to do it on each transaction. The one time password means you get a new password every time, not that you only have to do it once.

Our bank, the Clydesdale has a verification when I do some transactions. Basically when you hit pay you are redirected to a verification window and you’ve to enter a password. There’s a panic when you enter the password before being redirected back to the payment. Had to do it when I got tickets this year. Hand was shaking putting in the code in case I fucked it up.  God knows what it would be like getting a password over the phone whilst waiting for such precious tickets. 

8 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

This ticket sale page is a little odd? It is set up for only 4 ticket purchases but it still talks about placing a deposit. wonder if something is going to happen earlier than normal?

image.thumb.png.d7348e2ef965eac4651f81264048bc2b.png

There was the local sale and that was a max of 4. Probably just a change left over from that. 

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering about card problems, get a Revolut card and get everyone in your group to load it with £250 and share the card details between the whole group. Revolut aren’t a bank and won’t be adding any extra hoops for you to jump through. Also you won’t have to worry about sharing the details of your main bank card. I think the Revolut card is free too if you use their app. Can’t remember if I paid for it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Thishas probably been discussed many times, but what is the best way to track the website in preparation for a secret sale?

Checkpage.co.uk

ran by efests got me 4 tickets for friends who missed out before 

• Upvote 1