Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Coach is Thursday, where you can get two tickets. Main is Sunday where you can get four tickets.

we managed in the coach resale in 2017, not all Hope is lost :) 

It was 6 in the main resale last time - they alter it depending on how many they have in the pot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Coach is Thursday, where you can get two tickets. Main is Sunday where you can get four tickets.

we managed in the coach resale in 2017, not all Hope is lost :) 

43 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It was 6 in the main resale last time - they alter it depending on how many they have in the pot.

For some reason I have no edit button.

I was wrong and you were right it was 4 and 2. The old memory is not what it used to be.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2017-ticket-resale-faq/

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Thatchers normally do a competition, 

There’s a huge list that do competitions just after the resales. I got them through radio 1 in 2016. Definitely recommend entering as many as you can if you aren’t successful in April. 

Well. Missed out yet again. Not entirely sure I can go through with the April resale only to miss out again , then do what I did last time around and mope about for several days like a kid who only has one football  and has just kicked it over the fence of a neighbour who is a complete bastard and refuses to give it back. 

I actually sat there yesterday morning and prayed that virgin and sky broadband would both crash at 8.59am.. just for a couple of minutes... 

I know two things.

1. I’m going to hell

2. I’m currently not going to Glastonbury 

Bolox!!!!

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

You will get on the farm , even if it’s by the ninja method over the fence

Ah yes. I read the Twix story. Not entirely sure I’ve got the patience or the athletic ability to go through all that!

Bloody good story mind you.

Me and my group of 10 unfortunately managed no tickets between us this yr, hoping and praying for luck in the resale! One thing that strikes me as unfair is after November 1st people can register for the first time and apply in the resale. Surely it would be a fairer system for only existing registrations to be eligible in the resale? 

8 hours ago, Sophiejmitch said:

Me and my group of 10 unfortunately managed no tickets between us this yr, hoping and praying for luck in the resale! One thing that strikes me as unfair is after November 1st people can register for the first time and apply in the resale. Surely it would be a fairer system for only existing registrations to be eligible in the resale? 

I didn’t realise that was the case. And yes it does seem a tad unfair.

16 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Well. Missed out yet again. Not entirely sure I can go through with the April resale only to miss out again , then do what I did last time around and mope about for several days like a kid who only has one football  and has just kicked it over the fence of a neighbour who is a complete bastard and refuses to give it back. 

I actually sat there yesterday morning and prayed that virgin and sky broadband would both crash at 8.59am.. just for a couple of minutes... 

I know two things.

1. I’m going to hell

2. I’m currently not going to Glastonbury 

Bolox!!!!

Absolutely gutted for you mate - weren't you one of the few that didn't get in last-minute last year?

I got a ticket through this resale group that I spent so much time with last year.  I'm happy to try for anyone in april and will sign up to the text alerts for a secret sale too. (Andy/Moheeto's etc... You are on my Priority List)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Absolutely gutted for you mate - weren't you one of the few that didn't get in last-minute last year?

I got a ticket through this resale group that I spent so much time with last year.  I'm happy to try for anyone in april and will sign up to the text alerts for a secret sale too. (Andy/Moheeto's etc... You are on my Priority List)

Yeah I’m not having much luck with this Glastonbury ticket malarkey!! 

Wish I was on my wife’s priority list. Her priority at the moment is shoes and coffee mornings! Bless her cotton socks...

26 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Yeah I’m not having much luck with this Glastonbury ticket malarkey!! 

Wish I was on my wife’s priority list. Her priority at the moment is shoes and coffee mornings! Bless her cotton socks...

As long as it is not new cotton socks to go with the shoes too!!!

How many are you that failed?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

As long as it is not new cotton socks to go with the shoes too!!!

How many are you that failed?

There’s 5 of us and all of us had at least 3 other people trying from various points across the globe and not one of us got close!

Hi All 

im here once again! we didnt get through this year in main sale again after a very good 9 year run past 2 have let us down :( i actually went to the festival last year and practically remortgaged my house to get there! does anyone know of any of the neighbouring farms etc or places that will have hospitality for next year? it will be my dads honeymoon next year so ive got to get there somehow just hopefully not at the cost of a kidney lol. 

did a secret sale happen last year in the end? i was camped on here for weeks and looked like it was never going to! hope if it did everyone managed to go!

thanks

5 hours ago, sarahleighcoops said:

Hi All 

im here once again! we didnt get through this year in main sale again after a very good 9 year run past 2 have let us down :( i actually went to the festival last year and practically remortgaged my house to get there! does anyone know of any of the neighbouring farms etc or places that will have hospitality for next year? it will be my dads honeymoon next year so ive got to get there somehow just hopefully not at the cost of a kidney lol. 

did a secret sale happen last year in the end? i was camped on here for weeks and looked like it was never going to! hope if it did everyone managed to go!

thanks

Hi

No it didn’t happen last year in the end.  There was a die-hard core of us here till virtually the start of the Festival.  Amazingly a good proportion of us did manage to find a route in in the end.

it was great meeting the fellow secret resalers at the cider bus.

11 hours ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Hi

No it didn’t happen last year in the end.  There was a die-hard core of us here till virtually the start of the Festival.  Amazingly a good proportion of us did manage to find a route in in the end.

it was great meeting the fellow secret resalers at the cider bus.

What routes did you manage in the end out of interest?

Trying to look into all options possible at the moment- still waking up with that gutted feeling :( 

5 minutes ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

What routes did you manage in the end out of interest?

Trying to look into all options possible at the moment- still waking up with that gutted feeling :( 

At this point you've got a lot of options available to you.

Fortunately there are plenty of volunteering opportunities (WaterAid, Oxfam, Festaff, DC site services, Shelter, Workers Beer Company and quite a few more) that tend to start opening up applications from February.  

Then there's usually quite a few competitions running from April, the april resale and secret resales which may or may not happen.

Don't do what I did last year and leave it to May to start begging around for Voluntary work.  By that point, there's only really stand by places available and that is no guarantee.

That said, DC site services is the best bet for that.  They go through a lot of volunteers as they are very strict (the amount of people I saw getting their wristbands removed was ridiculous.  They had a security guard posted at the exit of the crew camp to make sure that people leaving weren't escaping into the festival.  If they felt that someone was doing a runner, they would remove their wristband).

There is always a way in and I'm sure over the coming months, you will discover many other ways

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

At this point you've got a lot of options available to you.

Fortunately there are plenty of volunteering opportunities (WaterAid, Oxfam, Festaff, DC site services, Shelter, Workers Beer Company and quite a few more) that tend to start opening up applications from February.  

Then there's usually quite a few competitions running from April, the april resale and secret resales which may or may not happen.

Don't do what I did last year and leave it to May to start begging around for Voluntary work.  By that point, there's only really stand by places available and that is no guarantee.

That said, DC site services is the best bet for that.  They go through a lot of volunteers as they are very strict (the amount of people I saw getting their wristbands removed was ridiculous.  They had a security guard posted at the exit of the crew camp to make sure that people leaving weren't escaping into the festival.  If they felt that someone was doing a runner, they would remove their wristband).

There is always a way in and I'm sure over the coming months, you will discover many other ways

Yeah.. what kinky said.

Hi all, some familiar faces on here again from 2017?

I was lucky this year but I remember the feeling all too well. Stay strong and at least you have the genuine resale to look forward to but in light of the non existent secret sale last time round for the people that genuinely need to be there it may be worth looking into volunteering options early.

Good luck to all of you.

Shaun.

Edited by MilkyJoe
  • Upvote 1