Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Alien?

Morning folks, surely the last chance saloon today before plan b is called for! Good luck to everybody still trying and I hope it works out for you @lobo it's the not knowing that is the pain!

I love that this is your last day before plan B. So relaxed about it....

I keep saying 'you never know' I think that will be my mantra until its over. 

1 minute ago, Robinn said:

They just put you on a team with a few early and late shifts, but their website also says that they will try their best to help you see the bands you want and that "staff often swap shifts, take a late lunch etc so they can see the bands they'd like to"! I'm gonna try and make a few changes during the briefing :)

Mate you'll still get to see loads then! People watching is something that out group do for a couple of hours each day whilst chilling somewhere, add that to being put with a good team and the shifts will fly by.

18 minutes ago, Robinn said:

I signed up for DC Site Services, so I'm going, but I'll be working for 8 hours a day. Better than staying at home though :)

You might still be able to get a job if you give them a call?

That's 16 hours not working - no sleep til Monday :)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Alien?

Morning folks, surely the last chance saloon today before plan b is called for! Good luck to everybody still trying and I hope it works out for you @lobo it's the not knowing that is the pain!

Actually yes. But, also a bit of Partridge, if you know the quote...

27 minutes ago, lobo said:

Mate you'll still get to see loads then! People watching is something that out group do for a couple of hours each day whilst chilling somewhere, add that to being put with a good team and the shifts will fly by.

Yeah it's gonna be great! And if I see Gibb at the Pyramid I'm driving the full 10 hour trip home with tears of joy!

when that ping went off this came on shuffle on my itunes...

we've had a good run, and I've never felt closer to this forum. But I think I'm accepting that next week will be a week off to go out for meals and day trips and generally enjoy living in Norwich instead of just commuting out of it every day...

I'll never forget the time we spent together, Secret Resales thread. Plus who am I kidding, I'm hanging around here til the end of today at least.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

I was told very confidently by See that they had processed 100's of refunds every day leading up to the refund deadline on the 5th May. The question of where these tickets have "gone" hasn't really been answered convincingly by the festival.

Sorry, but I don't understand why should that be answered? Even if the number you were given is accurate, it's unofficial and without context. Maybe the tickets have been absorbed elsewhere, maybe they oversold in April by a small amount in the knowledge that they'd get returns, maybe they decided to hold back the wristbands for additional security - all are possible, none the Festival really need to tell us about.

More likely, the number was an anecdotal finger in the air and somewhat off. As has been pointed out many times in this thread already - the people answering the phones / responding on twitter at See have only ancedotal knowledge of what has happened, and will have been told nothing about what's going to happen.