Secret resales 2015

Terence99

6 hours ago, incident said:

Even if you ran a "transfer" transaction through seetickets, it wouldn't stop touts etc. They could just demand however much money was paid directly to themselves up front, before they did a "face value" transfer through See. Which would also bring out the fraudsters who'd take the money up front and then disappear.

The only real way to truely prevent touting is to have no connection between the old and new ticket holder - which is what the current system does (for the most part). Inevitably that means putting a deadline on it for administrative reasons, and right now it appears that not enough tickets were returned in the 2 weeks leading up to the deadline to have a second resale. I think the best hope for change or more flexibility would be to move the deadline back a bit, say to 3 weeks before gates.

I was told very confidently by See that they had processed 100's of refunds every day leading up to the refund deadline on the 5th May. The question of where these tickets have "gone" hasn't really been answered convincingly by the festival.

Morning guys,

Not been around much as im having a real rollercoaster with tickets. Looked likely all week, then yesterday had them 100% confirmed and told theyd be in my hand by the evening. By 8pm i had a text saying it may not happen again. Not sure how much more i can take! I have other leads still but the stress is slowly taking hold. I can imagine a few of you have been through similar this week with different ways in. Hopefully some good news is still on the way for us.

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Morning guys,

Not been around much as im having a real rollercoaster with tickets. Looked likely all week, then yesterday had them 100% confirmed and told theyd be in my hand by the evening. By 8pm i had a text saying it may not happen again. Not sure how much more i can take! I have other leads still but the stress is slowly taking hold. I can imagine a few of you have been through similar this week with different ways in. Hopefully some good news is still on the way for us.

I've had no leads and just sat here waiting!! hahaha! But I'd rather have that then the up and downs you have had if you end up without a ticket. It could all be worth it though, hang in there!

Good luck! I hope something comes through for you!

5 minutes ago, lobo said:

Also i think i have a phantom down voter. I'd rather you talk to me if ive bothered you than down vote over things like me thanking someone for sharing some info i requested. Show yourself coward!

Have an up. Can one of the golds look for you?

6 minutes ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

I've had no leads and just sat here waiting!! hahaha! But I'd rather have that then the up and downs you have had if you end up without a ticket. It could all be worth it though, hang in there!

Good luck! I hope something comes through for you!

Thanks mate. Yeah not the best feeling being filled with hope then having it all fall apart. Honestly last week was easier when i was just hoping for the resale. I still am hoping for one!

Edited by lobo

9 minutes ago, lobo said:

Morning guys,

Ah damn. Really hope you're getting the tickets asap lobo!

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Thanks mate. Yeah not the best feeling being filled with hope then having it all fall apart. Honestly last week was easier when i was just hoping for the resale. I still am hoping for one!

IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

(in case people get the wrong idea, I know nothing, its pure dumb hope!)

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

@Bb-dog is the phantom.

Hahaha, that was when he got angry about my response to his opinions on the upvote down vote thing, i think he said those of us who post gifs are needy and after upvotes only. I clearly ruffled his feathers when i stood up to his comment. Move on @Bb-dog, im not here to make enemies, im sure you're not too. 

• Upvote 2

I picked up my partner's staff/performers ticket last night. 

Ticket looks 100% genuine. Only thing is the sticker with name/address details on is for someone else. I've been told that there is a list that Glastonbury hold and they will know that the names have changed. Makes me nervous though so I've asked for confirmation of the name change and I've been told I will get it today. 

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

Thanks man, hows it looking for you?

I signed up for DC Site Services, so I'm going, but I'll be working for 8 hours a day. Better than staying at home though :)

You might still be able to get a job if you give them a call?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm still here. But it seems every day there are fewer and fewer if us here. Slowly getting picked off one by one. Like in that film...

Alien?

Morning folks, surely the last chance saloon today before plan b is called for! Good luck to everybody still trying and I hope it works out for you @lobo it's the not knowing that is the pain!

Just now, Robinn said:

I signed up for DC Site Services, so I'm going, but I'll be working for 8 hours a day. Better than staying at home though :)

You might still be able to get a job if you give them a call?

Excellent news. Do you know where they are putting you for shifts? Is it a possibility you could be placed near any of the stages to soak up the atmosphere and music for a few hours?

I wont just yet, had another text just now saying could get them today. But i will certainly give it a go last minute if im still looking.

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Excellent news. Do you know where they are putting you for shifts? Is it a possibility you could be placed near any of the stages to soak up the atmosphere and music for a few hours?

I wont just yet, had another text just now saying could get them today. But i will certainly give it a go last minute if im still looking.

They just put you on a team with a few early and late shifts, but their website also says that they will try their best to help you see the bands you want and that "staff often swap shifts, take a late lunch etc so they can see the bands they'd like to"! I'm gonna try and make a few changes during the briefing :)