Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Has anybody done the daily

"Got to be today, right?" post?

if not:

Got to be today, right?

If I had a pound for every time somebody has said "I have to nip out for an hour at such and such a time so I can guarantee it will happen then" I'd probably be able to afford a VIP ticket!:lol:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

If I had a pound for every time somebody has said "I have to nip out for an hour at such and such a time so I can guarantee it will happen then" I'd probably be able to afford a VIP ticket!:lol:

Take out those, knob jokes and discussion of siblins pings and all you're left with are a few gifs and beefykoala's bowel movements.

• Upvote 1

There were lots of different jobs / times / shift options @CatMitt   They told me to look on their website and let them know by email which shifts I preferred.   I did but still got allocated to 'campervan east nights' despite saying I wanted days or at least a mix of days and night shifts.  

Rang them and asked if their were any day shifts going and got allocated to a crossing gang - werewolf - which was amazing.  However was then told the next day that they had made an error and that that position was now gone and only nights remained.   Weirdly I think someone on this forum got the crossing position in the end instead of me!  Couldn't have lost to a better person 

Was gutted as I had to deal with the low of not getting a ticket along with everybody else on here, then the high of getting accepted by DC Services, then the low of getting only a night shift, then the high of the change to days and then the low of telling me of their error and that I was back on nights !!!  Emotional rollercoaster! 

Was going to sack it all in at this point and rang them one last time yesterday afternoon to go through the process of getting my deposit back but asked on the off chance if anything had changed only to be told that they now had a chaperone day shift opportunity - back in the game!!

just goes to show people that blind perseverance and bloody mindedness does pay off sometimes so keep up the good fight all those that still haven't got tickets 

Edited by ohmygod
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

There were lots of different jobs / times / shift options @CatMitt   They told me to look on their website and let them know by email which shifts I preferred.   I did but still got allocated to 'campervan east nights' despite saying I wanted days or at least a mix of days and night shifts.  

Rang them and asked if their were any day shifts going and got allocated to a crossing gang - werewolf - which was amazing.  However was then told the next day that they had made an error and that that position was now gone and only nights remained.   Weirdly I think someone on this forum got the crossing position in the end instead of me!  Couldn't have lost to a better person 

Was gutted as I had to deal with the low of not getting a ticket along with everybody else on here, then the high of getting accepted by DC Services, then the low of getting only a night shift, then the high of the change to days and then the low of telling me of their error and that I was back on nights !!!  Emotional rollercoaster! 

Was going to sack it all in at this point and rang them one last time yesterday afternoon to go through the process of getting my deposit back but asked on the off chance if anything had changed only to be told that they now had a chaperone day shift opportunity - back in the game!!

just goes to show people that blind perseverance and bloody mindedness does pay off sometimes so keep up the good fight all those that still haven't got tickets 

Thank you for this, good to know.

Were they going to be 12hour night shifts every day?

2 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

There were lots of different jobs / times / shift options.   They told me to look on their website and let them know by email which shifts I preferred.   I did but still got allocated to 'campervan east nights' despite saying I wanted days or at least a mix of days and night shifts.  

Hi @ohmygod. Great you got sorted. What does a chaperone role do? Theres a few on here that could do with one - myself included. Are they the ones who make sure you get  back to your tent safe?

5 minutes ago, CatMitt said:

Yep 6 nights x 12hrs - obvously more for the peole that just want to go to earn money rather than also attend the festival!

6 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Hi @ohmygod. Great you got sorted. What does a chaperone role do? Theres a few on here that could do with one - myself included. Are they the ones who make sure you get  back to your tent safe?

ha ha - would be a great job that one.    No they walk in front of vehcles moving pedestrians out of the way - up and down the railway line I assume

I hope everyone has a great time that's going, but I'll be so glad when Glastonbury is done and finished this year. I'll hopefully feel a bit better then. I'm not a jealous person at all, but I'm feeling really jealous now and it's getting worse each day

I wonder if tickets for the new event will go on sale in October again...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, General Lee said:

I hope everyone has a great time that's going, but I'll be so glad when Glastonbury is done and finished this year. I'll hopefully feel a bit better then. I'm not a jealous person at all, but I'm feeling really jealous now and it's getting worse each day

I wonder if tickets for the new event will go on sale in October again...

Tickets for Glastonbury2019 will go on sale next October. The new event won't be happening until at least 2021.

57 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

"just goes to show people that blind perseverance and bloody mindedness does pay off" - that's my motto when i have to get things done.  It's a good one.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Tickets for Glastonbury2019 will go on sale next October. The new event won't be happening until at least 2021.

Oh right, I thought the new event was next year. 

I'll go somewhere anyway I think. End of the Road doesn't have an 'arena' and is supposed to be nice, I might give that a go. if the lineup is decent. 

Failing that then Green Man or Latitude.

4 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Oh right, I thought the new event was next year. 

I'll go somewhere anyway I think. End of the Road doesn't have an 'arena' and is supposed to be nice, I might give that a go. if the lineup is decent. 

Failing that then Green Man or Latitude.

End of the Road for me - people I like on the lineup: Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Bill Callahan, Band Of Horses, Slowdive, Pond, Deerhoof, Waxahatchee, Timber Timbre, Girl Ray, Ultimate Painting... all very 6 music-ish and no one propermind-blowing, but lots of nice stuff :) at this point I'm mainly going because I need a field to listen to half-decent music and drink a lot of cider in this summer...

1 hour ago, CatMitt said:

Last year on Tuesday night we chatted to car park staff who said they had to do 14 hour shifts!

15 minutes ago, actionstations said:

End of the Road for me - people I like on the lineup: Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Bill Callahan, Band Of Horses, Slowdive, Pond, Deerhoof, Waxahatchee, Timber Timbre, Girl Ray, Ultimate Painting... all very 6 music-ish and no one propermind-blowing, but lots of nice stuff :) at this point I'm mainly going because I need a field to listen to half-decent music and drink a lot of cider in this summer...

Yeah, that's my thoughts - I need a festival this year too! Slowdive would be good (new album is amazing) but none of the other three headliners really appeal to me. Last year's line up was a lot better for stuff I like. A lot of the music ends up being a backdrop for other festival activities anyway :)

I've still been lurking here from time to time (when work allows) but there's no way I could go now anyway as I wouldn't be able to get leave and my husband DEFINITELY wouldn't be able to.

So I think it's time for me to bow out. Absolutely gutted I won't be there (feel like crying just writing this!). It would have been my tenth and, to make it even worse, we had tickets (and Worthy View) for last year that we had to give up. Don't think I'll be able to cope with watching it on TV so will probably take my dog for lots of long walks, drink a lot of wine and pretend it's not happening. 

I hope those of you with tickets and those of you who've managed to get work have an AMAZING time. Hopefully see you all on the farm in 2019! x

Edited by helsbellski
  • Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

ok .. i have been offered band / work passes £550 per head but wont find out till saturday . came through a local contact and seams genuine enough. he aparently gets these every year and they are good to go .

has anyone had any experience of these sorts of tickets ?

Any spares going?

25 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Yeah, that's my thoughts - I need a festival this year too! Slowdive would be good (new album is amazing) but none of the other three headliners really appeal to me. Last year's line up was a lot better for stuff I like. A lot of the music ends up being a backdrop for other festival activities anyway :)

day splits came out today... I'm happy with that - Thursday Slowdive, Friday Ultimate Painting and Pond, Saturday Band of Horses and Father John Misty, Sunday Timber Timbre, Waxahatchee, Girl Ray and Bill Callahan, absolutely lovely!

Apologies for topic deviation!

19222928_10154434489811856_7813744175483

Afternoon all..just popping in to say hi. Have given up hope of getting my sister there now..we have discussed rolling her up in a camping mat and many more zany ideas, but think this will be pretty fruitless with extra security measures in place! I have thoroughly enjoyed your banter this last few weeks, i'm genuinely pleased that so many of you got work placements/hospitality tickets and truly gutted for those who just want to go into hibernation for 5 days. I won't be able to meet on wednesday, but if anyone's round the cider bus on thursday afternoon i'll be there. Much love and peace to you all. 

P.s of course this means there's a sale at 3.07pm today! :) x

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

ok .. i have been offered band / work passes £550 per head but wont find out till saturday . came through a local contact and seams genuine enough. he aparently gets these every year and they are good to go .

has anyone had any experience of these sorts of tickets ?

This is probably an EPO wristband. You'll need to be on a list and you can collect it from a cabin at Wicket gate. You'll need to verify your name/ the company involved  against a list  and produce some ID. They'll then take a photo of you using a webcam and clamp the wristband on. In you go.

I have occasionally been provided a band without going though this process, last year was a first for me.

6 minutes ago, actionstations said:

day splits came out today... I'm happy with that - Thursday Slowdive, Friday Ultimate Painting and Pond, Saturday Band of Horses and Father John Misty, Sunday Timber Timbre, Waxahatchee, Girl Ray and Bill Callahan, absolutely lovely!

Apologies for topic deviation!

19222928_10154434489811856_7813744175483

EOTR i found just a bit too middle class, decent enough atmosphere I guess but security tell you off for smoking a spliff. 

I still highly recommend beautiful days over/ in addition to.. 

no seperate arena, couple of Glasto familiars, bimble, tiny tea tent. The whole fest has a west holts vibe to it 

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

EOTR i found just a bit too middle class, decent enough atmosphere I guess but security tell you off for smoking a spliff. 

I still highly recommend beautiful days over/ in addition to.. 

no seperate arena, couple of Glasto familiars, bimble, tiny tea tent. The whole fest has a west holts vibe to it 

I'll definitely consider it next year, this year I'm off to Edinburgh fringe that week. I'm assuming EOTR feels a bit like latitude, which is ok with me, but yeah, occasionally a bit lame when it comes to having some proper fun / latenight running around...