Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Sea Glass said:

I'm just saying that's all. All these people who are crying because they have missed out (again) is getting a bit......boring. Move on. 

Just saying what? You think people needed you to tell them what they already know? No one has died, but people feeling disappointed is fine.

Just now, Sea Glass said:

Says the guy who has been on the forum for 7 months, lol. 

Not sure what it has to do with anything. Obviously the tedium of this thread has brought the dickhead out strong in you. Move on mate.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nah, I'm never far off through the night mate. I just treat the night shifts as opportunity to catch up on the rest of the forum!:)

I used to get paid while on this site. I guess that I should have been doing my job more thoroughly than I was. I gave up towards the end and gave more and more work back to my line manager to do instead. Then there was an announcement that they'd be some redundancies. However, the team I was working in were, to all intents and purposes, 'officially' (although never publicly said) exempt from this cost cutting exercise. 

I was having none of it. I launched a campaign to have myself made redundant. I'd been at the place for nearly 25 years, and they paid over the statutory figure for redundancy payments. I was hanging on in the job by my finger nails, and here was a fair few quid staring at me in the face. 

I started off the campaign fairly handily by asking something from the Director of HR. She said that I couldn't have what I wanted. I then told her the section in her own Policies and Procedures manual that said that I could have what I wanted. She not only had to agree with me, but had to send me what I wanted - and did so. 

So, there was one person gunning for my scalp straight away. I'll not go on. I realize that I'm going down memory lane in my head now, and that if i told the whole story, it would possibly be as long as the Twix Story.

My other half has said that if he wins any comps that I have entered for him he can't see himself going - he'll struggle to get time off and the dog needs sorting (blah blah blah bloody blah )

if I do win and he hasn't changed his mind back then I'll pick someone off here to accompany my best friend.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

My other half has said that if he wins any comps that I have entered for him he can't see himself going - he'll struggle to get time off and the dog needs sorting (blah blah blah bloody blah )

if I do win and he hasn't changed his mind back then I'll pick someone off here to accompany my best friend.

I'm planning on doing the same when I win, though I may barter the other ticket for a lift or train money.

8 minutes ago, jimmymac87 said:

Out of interest, in some years there have been a couple of secret resales in the same year. Anyone know what the latest there's ever been one? I'm guessing much earlier than this late? :unsure:

Never this late. The chance of a secret resale is next to non existent barring a miracle. This has not deterred us though, whether by secret resale, questionable sale or a staff ticket we will get there.

As you can Tell  I've woken up in a positive mood today

• Upvote 1