Secret resales 2015

Terence99

16 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I'd be very surprised if it was that many though especially if we are talking about people not turning up after the refund date has passed? That would be like 2-3%

Basically what I think, is that we should present Micheal and Emily with our findings and urge them to let us buy 30 tickets as they clearly won't be at capacity

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, AntG77 said:

Were you registering via the Volunteer section or Staff section? Glastonbury only appears under the Staff section as it is paid work.
I've gone for a 5-day 12hr (daytime) clicker job. Not worked at a festival before so this should be interesting. Thanks @dougal1 for the heads-up! :D

EDIT: I've just looked under the Staff section again and Glastonbury applications are still showing as Open!

Also registered and been accepted thansk to @dougal1 - star !

Have you been allocated a job yet?  I just got the acceptance with nothing particular mentioned and have now emailed them back with the jobs I'd like.  Torn between the 5 day 12 hr 'Clicker Team' shifts leavng you free at nights or shorter shifts in the 'Chaperoning Team' & 'Crossing Teams' - only 6hrs - but alternating between nights and days meaning I'll see Radiohead but not the Foos'

The other option - as theyre not a charity - is to turn up, do Wed to Friday shifts and then melt away come Friday   ........... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Have you been allocated a job yet?  I just got the acceptance with nothing particular mentioned and have now emailed them back with the jobs I'd like.  Torn between the 5 day 12 hr 'Clicker Team' shifts leavng you free at nights or shorter shifts in the 'Chaperoning Team' & 'Crossing Teams' - only 6hrs - but alternating between nights and days meaning I'll see Radiohead but not the Foos'

The other option - as theyre not a charity - is to turn up, do Wed to Friday shifts and then melt away come Friday   ........... 

Great news you must be buzzin

10 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

My guess is that you are going to do a runner and that is why you signed up to it ;)

17 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I would definitely be one of those people that does a couple shifts and then melts away into the crowds. #loosemorals

16 minutes ago, BigChief said:

My guess is that you are going to do a runner and that is why you signed up to it ;)

very suspicious of you @BigChief

Actually I havent decided yet.   Theoretically if if I did it would be after putting in 3 of the 5 shifts and DC Site Services would get the benefit of not having to pay my wages for those 3 shifts - a pain for them but not an unexpected one and they will be quids in....

I'm winging it on a random's ticket this year. I'd say 70% resemblance bolstered by my beard. I fluctuate between supreme confidence and bricking it. At the end of the day, I'm not trying to break any laws, just trying to bend Ts&Cs. Genuine Glasto go-er and opportunist!

I'll be hedging my bets with social media etc, also this year they're asking for name tags on bags, so be sure to have name on ticket on tags with your contact details.

For every horror story I read, there are success stories. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees I say. Fully mentally prepared for a long, lonely, expensive drive home, but hopefuly of a triumphant stride into the promised land!

Hope everyone gets in from here somehow. Unfair that so many scoundrels get in while the few good folks cant. Fingers crossed for you all and I hope there's a few out there crossed for me!

50 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Yes, I spoke with them on the phone... They gave me a choice of daytime clicker or night work in the campervan areas; they couldn't advise what the shift times were so I opted for the daytime role so I would hopefully have some evening time free... They also asked if I wanted 5 days or 8 days. Not quite sure where to go, tent up etc etc so I'm hoping I'll find that on the website!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Magoothatswho said:

I'm winging it on a random's ticket this year. I'd say 70% resemblance bolstered by my beard. I fluctuate between supreme confidence and bricking it. At the end of the day, I'm not trying to break any laws, just trying to bend Ts&Cs. Genuine Glasto go-er and opportunist!

I'll be hedging my bets with social media etc, also this year they're asking for name tags on bags, so be sure to have name on ticket on tags with your contact details.

For every horror story I read, there are success stories. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees I say. Fully mentally prepared for a long, lonely, expensive drive home, but hopefuly of a triumphant stride into the promised land!

Hope everyone gets in from here somehow. Unfair that so many scoundrels get in while the few good folks cant. Fingers crossed for you all and I hope there's a few out there crossed for me!

Good luck! Let us know how ou get on! I suppose it's a case of trying to look confident, smiling, a bit of small talk or a couple of comments etc. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Magoothatswho said:

Good luck! I imagine for every horror story there are many more quiet success stories of people getting in with bought tickets, mates tickets, borrowed tickets.... wishing you luck

Edited by jimmymac87
Quoted wrong
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AntG77 said:

Yes, I spoke with them on the phone... They gave me a choice of daytime clicker or night work in the campervan areas; they couldn't advise what the shift times were so I opted for the daytime role so I would hopefully have some evening time free... They also asked if I wanted 5 days or 8 days. Not quite sure where to go, tent up etc etc so I'm hoping I'll find that on the website!

5 daytime 12 hr shifts - may nor be much of the set list available at the end of the shift if it ends at 7pm or 8pm!

I did speak to them on the phone but they told me to email in with my preferences - went for Chaperone Team and Crossing Teams as these are only 6/8hr shifts

25 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Good luck! Let us know how ou get on! I suppose it's a case of trying to look confident, smiling, a bit of small talk or a couple of comments etc. 

Many thanks, 'Positive Mental Attitude' as they say. I'd have a few drinks before I go up, except I may have to drive home if turned away haha. I think the confidence is the key. I'll Derren Brown them into next week! Good luck with your search

21 minutes ago, jimmymac87 said:

Good luck! I imagine for every horror story there are many more quiet success stories of people getting in with bought tickets, mates tickets, borrowed tickets.... wishing you luck

Cheers Jimmy, if you see me browsing on here on Friday.... you'll know how it went! Fingers crossed though. Happy hunting too!

22 minutes ago, jimmymac87 said:

To be blunt about it - having worked the gates and seen people turned away first hand, I'm pretty sure we hear about more of the successes than the failures by a large margin. The posts on here would anecdotally indicate about a 75% success rate, I reckon the actual number is somewhere below half.

While I'm not doing it this year, I have heard that for the first time they're introducing some kind of incentive system for the people/teams that catch the most wrong/fake tickets.

9 minutes ago, Magoothatswho said:

Many thanks, 'Positive Mental Attitude' as they say. I'd have a few drinks before I go up, except I may have to drive home if turned away haha. I think the confidence is the key. I'll Derren Brown them into next week! Good luck with your search

Cheers Jimmy, if you see me browsing on here on Friday.... you'll know how it went! Fingers crossed though. Happy hunting too!

You have cojones Sir. Good luck with this. If a Secret Resales meet up does get sorted - you will be one of the guests of honour. Will buy you a cider.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

To be blunt about it - having worked the gates and seen people turned away first hand, I'm pretty sure we hear about more of the successes than the failures by a large margin. The posts on here would anecdotally indicate about a 75% success rate, I reckon the actual number is somewhere below half.

While I'm not doing it this year, I have heard that for the first time they're introducing some kind of incentive system for the people/teams that catch the most wrong/fake tickets.

but you only see the ones that actually fail. most people who get in won't really tell anyone bar the people they're with, and that's about it. no-one else will know.

given that there's far more people on here that get in than have said they got turned away, i'd be very confident the odds are far more in favour of getting in.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Like I said, it's not a fake ticket, it's a genuine ticket from a bloke that couldn't go, bought by a genuine bloke that wanted but lucked out in both sales. It's a bend of the rules & a calculated risk. Here's hoping the people working the gates filter out the bad guys and shine a ray of luck on us hopefuls!

2 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You have cojones Sir. Good luck with this. If a Secret Resales meet up does get sorted - you will be one of the guests of honour. Will buy you a cider.

... if I get in! haha but thanks.

2 hours ago, AntG77 said:

Were you registering via the Volunteer section or Staff section? Glastonbury only appears under the Staff section as it is paid work.
I've gone for a 5-day 12hr (daytime) clicker job. Not worked at a festival before so this should be interesting. Thanks @dougal1 for the heads-up! :D

EDIT: I've just looked under the Staff section again and Glastonbury applications are still showing as Open!

Ah you legend! I'd forgotten there were even two different sites, as both look the same. I just registered on the staff site and applied with my deposit - here's hoping it comes through!

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Someone I know works as a ticket inspector on the railways and he get a commission on the extra money he collects from fare dodgers etc to encourage staff to be more vigilant and keen.

With recent events I presume GFL have to be more on it this year to ensure only those with a valid ticket getting in and not someone else with a valid ticket getting it

13 minutes ago, Magoothatswho said:

Like I said, it's not a fake ticket, it's a genuine ticket from a bloke that couldn't go, bought by a genuine bloke that wanted but lucked out in both sales. It's a bend of the rules & a calculated risk. Here's hoping the people working the gates filter out the bad guys and shine a ray of luck on us hopefuls!

... if I get in! haha but thanks.

I certainly wasn't suggesting you'd be using a fake ticket.. Just a warning that it's not going to be a cut and dry thing, the staff do catch people and this year are being incentivised to do so (no idea what form that takes though, it's quite possibly not anything substantial).

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

but you only see the ones that actually fail. most people who get in won't really tell anyone bar the people they're with, and that's about it. no-one else will know.

given that there's far more people on here that get in than have said they got turned away, i'd be very confident the odds are far more in favour of getting in.

I fully believe almost the exact opposite of that - far more of the people who get in on anothers ticket will happily broadcast it. Not necessarily at the Festival itself, but certainly after the event on Facebook, efests, twitter, etc - you're happy (elated, even), you've got away with it and had an amazing weekend - it's only natural to shout about it. Whereas the ones who get turned away have a journey home and potentially a weekend sat alone while their mates party.. Not something you want to make a big thing out of.

26 minutes ago, incident said:

I've never heard of someone with a legitimate ticket not actually getting in though. Like, ever. Yes, the gate checks will be more stringent but there's clearly something after that which determines if you get in or not. It's just how much you want to prepare for that. If it's a ticket from a mate it's a bit easier as they're more likely to lend you alternative ID etc.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

I fully believe almost the exact opposite of that - far more of the people who get in on anothers ticket will happily broadcast it. Not necessarily at the Festival itself, but certainly after the event on Facebook, efests, twitter, etc - you're happy (elated, even), you've got away with it and had an amazing weekend - it's only natural to shout about it. Whereas the ones who get turned away have a journey home and potentially a weekend sat alone while their mates party.. Not something you want to make a big thing out of.

i don't think most people really care about it or the festival that much to go around broadcasting it afterwards, unless it happened to come up in conversation. 99% of people don't care about Glastonbury, much less about how you got in.

no-one is really going to care enough either to post afterwards on facebook or twitter about managing to get in using someone else's ticket. you just do it, and it's done.

hell most people don't even bother posting anything at all about the festival after going in my experience. a few photos or check-ins when you're there, and that's about it.

Edited by ghostdancer1