Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, BigChief said:

BBC will probably have competitions next week ones IOW festival is out the way,

Forgot to mention this yesterday afternoon - I was briefly in the car at that point and while idly flicking through stations and ending up on Radio 1, they mentioned that there would be a chance to win Glastonbury tickets on the breakfast show on Tuesday morning. I realise it's not exactly great odds, but it's at least another chance for those hanging on.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, plateofchips said:

Forgot to mention this yesterday afternoon - I was briefly in the car at that point and while idly flicking through stations and ending up on Radio 1, they mentioned that there would be a chance to win Glastonbury tickets on the breakfast show on Tuesday morning. I realise it's not exactly great odds, but it's at least another chance for those hanging on.

Trouble with that is you've got to put up with listening to Grimshaw.

• Upvote 3

Hey folks. Quiet on here this morning! Just out of interest is anybody here in Manchester? I've got 2 tickets to see Penn & Teller tonight at the Apollo. I'm still out of the country and I can't make it and the guy that was taking them has let me down!:(

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hey folks. Quiet on here this morning! Just out of interest is anybody here in Manchester? I've got 2 tickets to see Penn & Teller tonight at the Apollo. I'm still out of the country and I can't make it and the guy that was taking them has let me down!:(

I love Penn and Teller...but A wouldn't have the time and B don't live anywhere near Manchester..... hope you find a taker ...far too good to miss 

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nowhere near Manchester I'm afraid. Have you put it on your Facebook? 

Just over a week until Glasto and still don't have a ticket. I am now contacting traders in a last ditch attempt to find a way in. If I don't get a result very soon, I think I will have to accept that I will be waving my partner off in just over a week to the best place on earth. (with a broken heart :( )

6 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I love Penn and Teller...but A wouldn't have the time and B don't live anywhere near Manchester..... hope you find a taker ...far too good to miss 

They are superb live too and I'm gutted to not be going.

3 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

Nowhere near Manchester I'm afraid. Have you put it on your Facebook? 

Yeah, put in on face book last week and again today as well as on my local magic society page but no takers yet.

10 minutes ago, AntG77 said:

Here is one for sale on Gumtree... is that a safe place to buy from? Anyway, I'm not female... posting in case anyone else is interested in checking out... https://www.gumtree.com/p/music-festival-tickets/glastonbury-ticket-for-sale-/1247697643

I'd say it's a little bit safer than eBay but it still carries the inherent risk of buying tickets online. 

If anything, the risk is more looking like the person on the ticket than getting ripped off.

33 minutes ago, AntG77 said:

Here is one for sale on Gumtree... is that a safe place to buy from? Anyway, I'm not female... posting in case anyone else is interested in checking out... https://www.gumtree.com/p/music-festival-tickets/glastonbury-ticket-for-sale-/1247697643

Could be genuine - the seller is at least selling for lower than face value.

Risky nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I'd say it's a little bit safer than eBay but it still carries the inherent risk of buying tickets online. 

If anything, the risk is more looking like the person on the ticket than getting ripped off.

Definitely worth looking at the picture for any ladies here after a ticket to see if they could pass as them. Nothing to lose at this stage!!

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Are we all resigned to the fact a resale isn't happening? I'm assuming they've never had a resale this close to the festival itself?

I've accepted that the chances of a resale are slim to non existent at best, however I'm not going to lose all hope until the monday before the festival.

there's still the radio 1 competition to come!

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Are we all resigned to the fact a resale isn't happening? I'm assuming they've never had a resale this close to the festival itself?

I'm pretty resigned now that my partner won't be going, think I've just about made my peace with it, I will of course still be lurking in here early next week, too much has been invested in this quest already to give in completely

40 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I think that resignation sank in over the last week or so. No-one even mentioned peak time towards the end of the week. 3 weeks back it was a madhouse in here every afternoon. 

We're a mutual support mechanism for everyone -

1. those with tickets through normal channels and who need them for someone else,

2. those who have taken the plunge to get in some other way (legit, possibly legit and absolutely not legit) and

3. those who despite best efforts have got doodley-squat.

The great thing about the thread is we support each other, we celebrate those who manage to get tickets, and we keep looking for ways of getting every one else whos contributed over the last 1000+ pages in that gate and to the cider bus by Thursday afternoon (or Thursday night in @babyblade41's case). 

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

2. those who have taken the plunge to get in some other way (legit, possibly legit and absolutely not legit) 

Speaking of, I may have a new lead on a pair of tickets.  Will keep you updated if they turn out to be genuine or hilariously suspect

• Upvote 1

On Holiday with my wife in Devon so have not been able to post much since Friday.

Such a shame to hear that some of you guys have not got tickets is this the first time Glastonbury have not had a secret resale.

I'm still hoping for some happy endings on here with one week to go the thrill of gaining tickets would be truly over whelming at this point

13 minutes ago, pancakeroll said:

Please do! (Are you still looking for tickets for yourself then?)

most definitely.  I should get a photo of the tickets tomorrow, if they're legit, I'll let you guys know and you can have a rap battle to determine who wins the other ticket.  I can't think of anything fairer.

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

most definitely.  I should get a photo of the tickets tomorrow, if they're legit, I'll let you guys know and you can have a rap battle to determine who wins the other ticket.  I can't think of anything fairer.

@Kris1980 is only after 1 ticket I believe. I think there are a few out there looking for a pair. 

Are they staff or performer tickets or something? 

Edited by Charcolate