Secret resales 2015

Terence99

35 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Ok

is there anyone here who has camping sorted but needs a ticket?

I was going to take my tiny caravan. Don't have a camper pass but I'm sure we can buy one off a marshal again. They had them in their inside pockets to keep traffic moving. Why what's occuring mate?

20 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

My advice would be to take everything you need for the day down with you so you only have to do the hill once per day. Maybe leave a bag with some bits in, change of clothes etc in one of the lock ups or with your daughter.

yes I have planned for one trip down and up .. I'm used to walking but my hip is really going to take a battering.... far too many motorcycle spills that have now caught up with me .  She advised the lock ups too so will be my first port of call . I'm just hoping I can keep up with things...oh to be young and reckless again !!

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

yes I have planned for one trip down and up .. I'm used to walking but my hip is really going to take a battering.... far too many motorcycle spills that have now caught up with me .  She advised the lock ups too so will be my first port of call . I'm just hoping I can keep up with things...oh to be young and reckless again !!

Or one trip down and party for 5 days - no sleep 'til Monday and one trip back up to leave the site;)

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

You'll be fine honestly, you can walk as little or as much as you feel like. Don't be tempted to try and see everything, there will be something going on wherever you stop. The t&c field is always great to take a load off and just chill out for a couple of hours.

12 minutes ago, CatMitt said:

I went to see Imagine Dragons last night with two friends who are going to Glastonbury, was amazing but a little bit sad too. 

Great band. Saw them in 2014 on Other Stage. Was hoping they might be there this year after they were at R1 Big Weekend. Bet they were great at Roundhouse last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

You'll be fine honestly, you can walk as little or as much as you feel like. Don't be tempted to try and see everything, there will be something going on wherever you stop. The t&c field is always great to take a load off and just chill out for a couple of hours.

I have tried to source as many of those places as poss... not really into the offerings of the pyramid stage so hoping places will be easier to get around at the less populated areas. 

My one big fear is that I won't be able to get the full experience due to my energy levels not letting me able to ... I'm not sure I could see the sunrise... I'm normally getting up by then !!!

I'm so looking forward to it but wish I didn't have such a battered body so I can  enjoy it to the full ... my experience will be a lot different to all the youngsters going that's for sure .... waking up with a pillow stuck to my tongue are long gone 

Just now, Skier68 said:

Great band. Saw them in 2014 on Other Stage. Was hoping they might be there this year after they were at R1 Big Weekend. Bet they were great at Roundhouse last night.

They were superb, I love the Roundhouse such a good venue. 

We saw them at Reading last year too, they just have so much energy. Plus On Top of the World was our first dance at our wedding last year so always good memories. 

9 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I have tried to source as many of those places as poss... not really into the offerings of the pyramid stage so hoping places will be easier to get around at the less populated areas. 

My one big fear is that I won't be able to get the full experience due to my energy levels not letting me able to ... I'm not sure I could see the sunrise... I'm normally getting up by then !!!

I'm so looking forward to it but wish I didn't have such a battered body so I can  enjoy it to the full ... my experience will be a lot different to all the youngsters going that's for sure .... waking up with a pillow stuck to my tongue are long gone 

The little tripod camping chairs are a great way to get rest - and they are really light to carry around.

somehting like this:

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/freedom-trail-ohio-stool-p321919&gclid=CIGdj4uNrtQCFQEA0wodROMFzw&gclsrc=aw.ds

16 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Nah, you'll still get the full experience. You'll see a fraction of what you think you're going to see and you may come away thinking you've not seen half of what Glastonbury has to offer but there are plenty of people (me included) that have been going for years and have still not seen it all. If you normally wake up at sunrise then wake up and see the sunrise rather than staying up all night. I'm sure WV is a fantastic place to see it too.

Dont put any pressure on yourself with a strict timetable. You won't keep to it. Just wander where you feel like and take in as much awesomeness as you can.:)

23 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nah, you'll still get the full experience. You'll see a fraction of what you think you're going to see and you may come away thinking you've not seen half of what Glastonbury has to offer but there are plenty of people (me included) that have been going for years and have still not seen it all. If you normally wake up at sunrise then wake up and see the sunrise rather than staying up all night. I'm sure WV is a fantastic place to see it too.

Dont put any pressure on yourself with a strict timetable. You won't keep to it. Just wander where you feel like and take in as much awesomeness as you can.:)

I second MilkyJoe! I've been 9 times and still not seen everything. Just relax, wander and you'll have the time of your life! I rarely have super late nights because I just don't have the energy and I love the site early in the morning when there aren't too many people about. I've probably only seen the sunrise 2 or 3 times in all my years of going :) 

1 minute ago, helsbellski said:

I second MilkyJoe! I've been 9 times and still not seen everything. Just relax, wander and you'll have the time of your life! I rarely have super late nights because I just don't have the energy and I love the site early in the morning when there aren't too many people about. I've probably only seen the sunrise 2 or 3 times in all my years of going :) 

I third milkyjoe, I've also been 9 times, not seen everything and also never seen a sunrise either.

18 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

The little tripod camping chairs are a great way to get rest - and they are really light to carry around.

somehting like this:

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/freedom-trail-ohio-stool-p321919&gclid=CIGdj4uNrtQCFQEA0wodROMFzw&gclsrc=aw.ds

thanks I might pop off to Go now  ...although my list gets longer !!

I found on my first time that getting up too early and going down to watch bands from 11am was a mistake, as by 12am I was too tired to go explore the late night stuff. So just take it easy and go with the flow, don't be scared to miss anything, because there is loads to see that you wouldn't even think about seeing.

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Great that gives me a lot more hope of not behaving like a wet blanket 

6 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

I was fearing I'd be a right party pooper... I'll let you all know how it goes xx

1 minute ago, BigChief said:

I found on my first time that getting up too early and going down to watch bands from 11am was a mistake, as by 12am I was too tired to go explore the late night stuff. So just take it easy and go with the flow, don't be scared to miss anything, because there is loads to see that you wouldn't even think about seeing.

My must sees are very few as I'm not sure how my navigation skills will be especially as I do like a vino or 3 , also my lack of confidence will be a bit of a pain ... I might be getting the hang of it by Sunday 

All of your experience has been invaluable 

Just now, babyblade41 said:

My must sees are very few as I'm not sure how my navigation skills will be especially as I do like a vino or 3 , also my lack of confidence will be a bit of a pain ... I might be getting the hang of it by Sunday 

All of your experience has been invaluable 

I fourth what milky joe said, 10 times still havent seen it all. Only one sunrise under my belt and it was cloudy lol! Also my first year i spent almost like a sheep following the crowds going round in an other stage - pyramid circle! Mind you it was completely rammed that year, 2000 before the superfence.  You are going to love it! 

I'm even panicking about my glasses .. I wear varifocals which are light sensitive ... I can see roughly where I'm going so thought of leaving my glasses in the car as I will need them to drive home in and just taking reading glasses that you get really cheap so I can read without the fear of breaking my proper ones ,then taking a cheap pair of sunglasses and a cheap pair of magnifying sunglasses ... problem with those is apart from reading I can't see anything else

You can hear the fear and stress rising day by day !!! 

1 minute ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I fourth what milky joe said, 10 times still havent seen it all. Only one sunrise under my belt and it was cloudy lol! Also my first year i spent almost like a sheep following the crowds going round in an other stage - pyramid circle! Mind you it was completely rammed that year, 2000 before the superfence.  You are going to love it! 

looks like I will be going until I'm on my last then ... hope to get to meet you all someday xx

7 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I'm even panicking about my glasses .. I wear varifocals which are light sensitive ... I can see roughly where I'm going so thought of leaving my glasses in the car as I will need them to drive home in and just taking reading glasses that you get really cheap so I can read without the fear of breaking my proper ones ,then taking a cheap pair of sunglasses and a cheap pair of magnifying sunglasses ... problem with those is apart from reading I can't see anything else

You can hear the fear and stress rising day by day !!! 

Year before last I managed to lose my reading glasses within ten minutes of being on site. Never got them back. Fortunately I had a pair of cheapo spares in the van.