Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, rumpola said:

It's with a heavy heart that I am giving up the dream of going to Glasto this year. My missus wants to go abroad if we didn't get tickets and with the cost of flights etc rising daily she has put her foot down and booked a week in ibiza for the duration of the festival. 

In slightly happier news, I did manage to get someone off this thread 2x hospitality tickets through a site contact. Unfortunately, I couldn't justify the price to my better half (£800 each).

I hope you all manage to get in somehow because your dedication to the cause is amazing.

Peace and love to you all

Awesome that you helped people here! Have a fab time in Ibiza! :)

5 minutes ago, rumpola said:

It's with a heavy heart that I am giving up the dream of going to Glasto this year. My missus wants to go abroad if we didn't get tickets and with the cost of flights etc rising daily she has put her foot down and booked a week in ibiza for the duration of the festival. 

In slightly happier news, I did manage to get someone off this thread 2x hospitality tickets through a site contact. Unfortunately, I couldn't justify the price to my better half (£800 each).

I hope you all manage to get in somehow because your dedication to the cause is amazing.

Peace and love to you all

That's an amazing price! Have fun in Ibiza. 

Thanks for all your advice people, my mum was adamant that it wouldn't be enough but I doubt she knows about house sharing! Definitely lifted my spirits a bit :P Funnily enough, got another phone call for another possible interview, it's either feast or famine with me :D 

Just now, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks for all your advice people, my mum was adamant that it wouldn't be enough but I doubt she knows about house sharing! Definitely lifted my spirits a bit :P Funnily enough, got another phone call for another possible interview, it's either feast or famine with me :D 

I hope that's the same for Glastonbury tickets!

Hey all - Koala is back! Purely to ask a selfish favor though....

As we can't get to Glasto this year, we want to do Bonnaroo. But I don't like supporting the organization that runs it (LiveNation) for various boring reasons. Therefore, I only go if I can get there for free. This will be my third year.

I'm trying to win this competition, and I realize we might be able to do it if we have the numbers. It's posted in Instagram but it's actually a Facebook thing (comment on two pages and tag someone). If you win, tell them to put the tickets in my name (Helen Hachtel) for pick up (and PM me here to let me know the great news!)

If you're feeling in a charitable mood and want to help us be mooches and get to Bonnaroo for free, please go ahead and enter on my behalf. If you manage to win, I will send you a swag box from the festival :D 

Thank you, and I love you all <3

I

54 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry to go waaaaay off topic here, but could use a bit of life advice from you lovely people. 

Had a phone call there with regards to a job, they seem interested and having a further Skype interview this evening. The issue I'm having however is it's London and they're only offering £22-24k salary. Is this an unrealistic salary to live on if I move to London? I'm dying to get a job and I'd love to live in London for a few years, but could I feasibly live on that salary when you factor in rent etc.?

Sorry for being a bit clueless, I'm still adjusting to grad life :P 

Do a bit of research. Have a look on Gumtree for the price of house shares in the area you'd like to live. Find out how much it would cost to travel to work, etc..  Check on listentotaxman.com to see exactly how much take home pay you'd get.

It would be tough on that salary but not impossible and if its a job you want, go for it. I went through a similar phase, in the mid-late 90s, basically earning enough to survive and go to the pub ever so often. I couldn't afford holidays but luckily I jumped the fence into the G fest during that era...  But overall, I look back on those times fondly and they go by quicker than you can imagine.

Also, if they ask you how much salary you should get, always ask for the upper amount - if they're advertising it at that , they're willing to pay it for the right person (you!!!).

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Do a bit of research. Have a look on Gumtree for the price of house shares in the area you'd like to live. Find out how much it would cost to travel to work, etc..  Check on listentotaxman.com to see exactly how much take home pay you'd get.

It would be tough on that salary but not impossible and if its a job you want, go for it. I went through a similar phase, in the mid-late 90s, basically earning enough to survive and go to the pub ever so often. I couldn't afford holidays but luckily I jumped the fence into the G fest during that era...  But overall, I look back on those times fondly and they go by quicker than you can imagine.

Also, if they ask you how much salary you should get, always ask for the upper amount - if they're advertising it at that , they're willing to pay it for the right person (you!!!).

Also bear in mind that in many parts of London you can save a lot by walking rather than getting the tube. Likewise for the bus rather than the tube, but often at the expense of your time. Plus usual student-living type things - looking out for happy hours, offers on meals out, cooking rather than getting takeaway, and so on.

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry to go waaaaay off topic here, but could use a bit of life advice from you lovely people. 

Had a phone call there with regards to a job, they seem interested and having a further Skype interview this evening. The issue I'm having however is it's London and they're only offering £22-24k salary. Is this an unrealistic salary to live on if I move to London? I'm dying to get a job and I'd love to live in London for a few years, but could I feasibly live on that salary when you factor in rent etc.?

Sorry for being a bit clueless, I'm still adjusting to grad life :P 

It will be hard but liveable if you are careful. For perspective I am living in a flatshare in South East London for 600pcm with an ensuite bathroom. This is excluding bills, but I have definitely seen 500-600pcm double bedroom flatshares including all bills (w/o ensuite) in this area (Zone 3/4).

Edited by cazzatron
Said london way too many times in one paragraph.

Just now, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Hello @beefykoala

Got any koala jokes for us today?

Actually yes! Trump and his driver are driving down a dark lane at night, and suddenly out of nowhere a pig runs out and they hit it. The driver gets out and sees he unfortunately killed it, so he tells Mr President to stay put while he runs to tell the farmer the bad news.

Hours later the driver stumbles out smoking a cigar, shirt unbuttoned and a glass in his hand. Trump demands to know what happened, so the driver tells him. "Well, I knocked on the door and the farmer's daughter answered. She saw I looked panicked and asked what was going on so I told her - "I'm Donald Trump's driver and I just killed the pig". She grabbed me, led me upstairs and made love to me, then the farmer gave me this cigar and his wife poured me several drinks!"

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

As we can't get to Glasto this year, we want to do Bonnaroo. But I don't like supporting the organization that runs it (LiveNation) for various boring reasons. Therefore, I only go if I can get there for free. This will be my third year.

I'm trying to win this competition, and I realize we might be able to do it if we have the numbers. It's posted in Instagram but it's actually a Facebook thing (comment on two pages and tag someone). If you win, tell them to put the tickets in my name (Helen Hachtel) for pick up (and PM me here to let me know the great news!)

If you're feeling in a charitable mood and want to help us be mooches and get to Bonnaroo for free, please go ahead and enter on my behalf. If you manage to win, I will send you a swag box from the festival :D 

I

Absolutely. Consider it done.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I

Hi @beefykoala

I'll l have a go at this for you later too

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

more nob jokes ????

Ok here's one I just... err, read online.

Several years ago, Great Britain funded a study to determine why the head on a mans' knob is larger than the shaft. The study took two years and cost over $1.2 million. The study concluded that the reason the head of a man's knob is larger than the shaft was to provide the man with more pleasure during sex. After the results were published, France decided to conduct their own study on the same subject. They were convinced that the results of the British study was incorrect. After three years of research at a cost of in excess of $2 million, the French researchers concluded that the head of a man's knob is larger than the shaft to provide the woman with more pleasure during sex. When the results of the French study were released, Australia decided to conduct their own study. The Aussies didnt really trust British or French studies. So, after nearly three hours of intensive research and a cost of right around $75.00 ( 3 cases of beer), the Aussie study was complete. They concluded that the reason the head on a man's knob is larger than the shaft is to prevent your hand from flying off and hitting you in the forehead.

• Upvote 1