Secret resales 2015

Terence99

18 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Maybe we could ask see how this is possible?

Two girls who come with us bought two tickets last year, they got in but another girl got rejected I know. Luck of the draw with who checks your ticket as you come in I guess

1 minute ago, Drfoxxx said:

Two girls who come with us bought two tickets last year, they got in but another girl got rejected I know. Luck of the draw with who checks your ticket as you come in I guess

I was in the east campervan field 2 years ago, the photo on my ticket was quite old and it was scrutinised every time I went through the gate. Personally I wouldn't chance it. 

21 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Maybe we could ask see how this is possible?

Her Twitter profile says she works for SJM Concerts so assume an industry freebie and nothing dodgy.

On the using other people's tickets front, several years back I gave mine away after being given corporate freebies.  A blonde girl got in on mine and I'm a dark-skinned guy. 2 years back, a female friend got in with my wife's ticket after she bailed out, she was definitely clocked but the guy was nice enough to let her in.   Guess it depends on who you get at the gate - that last time I was already in and hung around the gate for a bit as my friends were on their way, struck up a conversation with the gate manager lady, everyone was dead nice and I'd have been really surprised if they hadn't let my friend in.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Hi guys, I've been perma-lurking in this thread for a few weeks now (thanks for keeping me sane through this!). I know some people are starting to get worried that it's getting too late to print & post resale tickets, but what happened in 2008? If it didn't sell out in advance they must have been printing & posting tickets pretty late. Did anyone here buy last minute tickets that year?

Just another straw for us to clutch!

The late tickets didn't have photos on them, a mate brought one on the Wednesday and collected from the ticket office on the Thursday morning

49 minutes ago, ivan said:

They sent batches to HMV.

My mate walked into their branch in Manchester and bought one .

That year there were thousands unsold .  I think Emily Eavis did say it did sell out eventually but I am not sure if that was a bit of spin from the pr dept.

I doubt this year coming to the end of May that there can thousands still unsold or unallocated .

Plus no photo on ticket that year. Did that start the year after?

45 minutes ago, ivan said:

They sent batches to HMV.

My mate walked into their branch in Manchester and bought one .

That year there were thousands unsold .  I think Emily Eavis did say it did sell out eventually but I am not sure if that was a bit of spin from the pr dept.

I doubt this year coming to the end of May that there can thousands still unsold or unallocated .

27 minutes ago, blackred said:

The late tickets didn't have photos on them, a mate brought one on the Wednesday and collected from the ticket office on the Thursday morning

Fair enough :(

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Just did a twitter search of "Glasto ticket" and it's crazy how many tweets there are like these...

Didn't realise it was that common. I would be terrified of not getting in so fair play.

Not a wise thing to do. Having worked on the gate can tell you no attention is paid to your hair colour. Youre trained to look at the way the brows are shaped and how eyes line up with ears. That's why they'll tell you to take hats and glasses off at the gate 

No photo registration was already in operation I think.

But with tickets to shift and all those registered and wanting to go having bought em they came up with the idea of just printing general admission tickets and selling em via HMV etc.

1 hour ago, Slats14 said:

Did that to me earlier, keeps you on your toes I s'pose!

A change that trips the homepage monitor must have been seen by everyone monitoring though? There's no way a new button appeared for me & no one else at all then on the main page? Did it?

Have other people seen the language selector appear on glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras today? Have I just missed it being discussed or has everyone just left now 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

1 hour ago, MadScientist said:

Not a wise thing to do. Having worked on the gate can tell you no attention is paid to your hair colour. Youre trained to look at the way the brows are shaped and how eyes line up with ears. That's why they'll tell you to take hats and glasses off at the gate 

erm they have never in 13 years told me to take off either ...

35 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

A change that trips the homepage monitor must have been seen by everyone monitoring though? There's no way a new button appeared for me & no one else at all then on the main page? Did it?

Have other people seen the language selector appear on glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras today? Have I just missed it being discussed or has everyone just left now 

I think it may be happening, although i agree its really odd if it is.... I got a ping at 15:50 and 16:02 today, main page, language select thing coming and going... was yours the same time?

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm they have never in 13 years told me to take off either ...

I have an old photo on my registration, and I have been told to take my hat and glasses off when I get my wristband for the last four years, then maybe once a day in or out the site I get asked again to do the same (i'm in the campervan bit)

2 hours ago, MadScientist said:

I had my ID in hand 4 years ago. Was wearing glasses when I came in - normally never do but had to for health reasons. They totally thought I was trying as someone else... (my reg picture isnold and really nice, it was pissing it down, wearing glasses - I didn't quite look myself)

As a newbie to these secret sales am I to assume if a sale isn't going to happen we aren't informed by SEE? They just let us sit here day after day clinging onto faint glimmers of hope?

10 minutes ago, picicata said:

The logical part of my brain is saying that today is last realistic day for a resale.

Why P? What makes it today rather than say...next Tuesday?

We know they have a mechanism for dealing with late tickets (with or without pictures on them). The rush to get it all resolved is on our side not theirs.

Not disagreeing with you - just trying to assess the reality.

2 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

As a newbie to these secret sales am I to assume if a sale isn't going to happen we aren't informed by SEE? They just let us sit here day after day clinging onto faint glimmers of hope?

Yup. They've not acknowledged the sale in the first place. What is there to inform us about? 

You know the sales we've never said are going to happen? Well they're not going to happen...

Bastards