Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Ted Dansons Wig said:

NOW you tell us.

But - they didnt know how many returnees they'd get so trying to control the numbers in that way doesnt seem smart.

If there isnt a sale - its possibly because numbers returned were lower than normal. This could be for loads of reasons. Maybe the festival is going to full of Radiohead fans this year lord preserve us.

More likely - the fact there wont be another one for 2 years means people are sticking with it no matter what. selfish bastards.

hah sorry, I legit just remembered about it!

Yeah it's unlikely but I guess they could just of heard the number of final returns and decided to not sell for that reason as they can tell pissed off locals "look we didn't even do a final final sale"

32 minutes ago, paulshane said:

A bit of a shitter that the article he posted says a 33% increase to 40TB, which would mean 30TB in 2016. Then other articles say 25TB. 

28 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I'm staying on here irrespective. Nothing has changed.

In fact....I may stay on here forever as its more fun than working.  Still dreaming of a meet up with you all on Wednesday in one of the bars where we laugh about how we could ever have doubted we'd get tickets.

Now I want more upvotes to give out.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

13 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Just had a thought, I have a few friends who live close by the site and apparently due to the chaos of last year the festival had to make private assurances they would lower the number of people this year.

Maybe that's why the final returned tickets aren't being sold. 

I really doubt it. A couple of hundred people amongst 150k would make no appreciable difference at all. 

19 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Hmm, the article the guy himself links to on EE's own site says they anticipate 40TB this year which will be a 33% increase, 33% less than 40 is 26.8 

This is not how maths works

• Upvote 2

I don't see why they would have to reduce the number either publicly or in private. Last year something was much worse than previous years and they will just have to put more safeguards in to make sure it doesn't happen again, as said above a couple of hundred wouldn't make a difference anyway

1 hour ago, zozziebywater said:

Have a great time , without pissing on everyones bonfire its never been this late, but then why would SEE say check the website unless they are sadists 

Yeah I know... but the GF said there are no more sales and that's never been said before. Maybe See are just covering their backs just in case they get a few to sell. But yeah... it's never been this late before. I'd be panicking by now and frantically looking for another way in (work, someone else's ticket... jump the fence.... -- although if you do the last option they do wrist band checks at various points so beware of that!!)

18 minutes ago, General Lee said:

I really doubt it. A couple of hundred people amongst 150k would make no appreciable difference at all. 

Yeah this. I think they have given them to the See corporate machine, which bugs me. As someone said the money could go to charity. Or a treat for someone had volenteered to work.

A guy from efestivals got one this way.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We are staying in a tree house in the Brecon Beacons.

Solar lights, compost loo, wood burner and cob for heat and cooking, bucket shower. No wifi, no mobile signal (except in pub in evenings).

Just us and nature.

Bliss.

That sounds amazing 

Hi guys, I've been perma-lurking in this thread for a few weeks now (thanks for keeping me sane through this!). I know some people are starting to get worried that it's getting too late to print & post resale tickets, but what happened in 2008? If it didn't sell out in advance they must have been printing & posting tickets pretty late. Did anyone here buy last minute tickets that year?

Just another straw for us to clutch!

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Hi guys, I've been perma-lurking in this thread for a few weeks now (thanks for keeping me sane through this!). I know some people are starting to get worried that it's getting too late to print & post resale tickets, but what happened in 2008? If it didn't sell out in advance they must have been printing & posting tickets pretty late. Did anyone here buy last minute tickets that year?

Just another straw for us to clutch!

They sent batches to HMV.

My mate walked into their branch in Manchester and bought one .

That year there were thousands unsold .  I think Emily Eavis did say it did sell out eventually but I am not sure if that was a bit of spin from the pr dept.

I doubt this year coming to the end of May that there can thousands still unsold or unallocated .