Secret resales 2015

Terence99

8 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Morning! Enjoyed a great gig last night, the psycho circus never bores! Glad I didn't decide to sell my ticket and watch the Europe League final instead! :P

Today's a public holiday, so me and my girlfriend will be going to the beach. First day I'm gonna spend without my laptop since the refund deadline! I will make sure to keep an eye on my phone though, today should be the day! :)

Enjoy the holiday and the beach. Don't go swimming though, it's a nightmare operating a smartphone with wet fingers!:)

just out of interest, where in holland are you?

Just now, lobo said:

Nice, just checked it on the map. I'll put that out there to my friends this weekend. Can you camp anywhere or are they strict with wild camping?

I think there is camping near the beach. Croyde Bay is also nice, but gets crowded as it's narrow - camping there too. Saunton Sands is excellent, but the nearest camping is quite a walk. amazing beach though, goes on for miles. All three are within a ten minute drive of each other (depending on the level of tourist caravans :) )

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

I think there is camping near the beach. Croyde Bay is also nice, but gets crowded as it's narrow - camping there too. Saunton Sands is excellent, but the nearest camping is quite a walk. amazing beach though, goes on for miles. All three are within a ten minute drive of each other (depending on the level of tourist caravans :) )

Thanks for the info! Sounds great :D

Just now, lobo said:

Thanks for the info! Sounds great :D

check the tide times if you decide to go, the tide at Saunton goes out a loooong way at low tide, but does mean there are plenty of rock pools to play around in, if you like that sort of thing :)

In fact I may go myself this weekend :)

2 minutes ago, markian said:

Gonna have to bale me guys, lost my wallet last night and really can't afford not to cancel my cards. Good luck. It's been emotional.

Order a new card, we'll probably still be here when it arrives!:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

check the tide times if you decide to go, the tide at Saunton goes out a loooong way at low tide, but does mean there are plenty of rock pools to play around in, if you like that sort of thing :)

In fact I may go myself this weekend :)

I do enjoy a a good rock pool. Especially if its deep enough to sit in with a beer.

6 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

couldn't you ask a family member ??? what an absolute nightmare for you 

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Order a new card, we'll probably still be here when it arrives!:rolleyes:

I've got a credit card somewhere, I'll have to find that before I call it a day cheers guys. Positive mental attitude! (Hungover to death)

1 hour ago, dazednconfused said:

Cos' guess who's going to Glastonbury?

I have just had the offer through from Festaff. I'll be the best wrist-band tie-r there has ever been ;)

dancing cats.gif

If you're on Gate D...... left wrist and not too tight 

also if you have any spare wristbands, I'm still needing two :ph34r:....... I'm starting to lose faith in the unannounced resale!!

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, lobo said:

Ive only actually been once which was for Dismaland, didnt pay much attention to the beach. I think i need to lower my standards from all the summers spent at the gower in west wales, best beach in the uk i reckon. Am i being snobby not giving Weston a chance? Or is it as bad as ive been told

Sooo jealous I wanted to go to dismaland soooo much. LOVE banksy. 

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while now but finally time to pop my head up and actually say hello.

I had been trying for a few friends in the resale (luckily have my ticket already) but they've now booked an alternative trip as the price of that was going up and they had to make a decision.

I feel like I'm in it for the long haul now though and want to help some of you guys be successful - I work at my computer all day and have checkpage set up so if anybody wants me to try for them feel free to message me your details!

• Upvote 2

Morning everyone! Got a super busy day at work today so can't be around much. Will have my phone glued to me and fully prepared to abandon whatever I'm doing to run back to my desk if needs be!

Fingers crossed it's today!

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

If you're on Gate D...... left wrist and not too tight 

also if you have any spare wristbands, I'm still needing two :ph34r:....... I'm starting to lose faith in the unannounced resale!!

Aren't there two personnel bariers?  1. wrist bander 2. further ticket check.

I'm pretty sure the wristies are employed by festaff and the ticketers are by Oxfam.  The line is randomly tested by Glasto to ensure that wristies aren't just letting their mates in and if Oxfam don't pick up then they risk losing their contract...

That's what I heard anyhow....

1 minute ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I'm pretty sure the wristies are employed by festaff and the ticketers are by Oxfam.  The line is randomly tested by Glasto to ensure that wristies aren't just letting their mates in and if Oxfam don't pick up then they risk losing their contract...

They also have very strict procedues in place for the number of wrist bands they give to each festaff member so they have to account for every single one - my mate did it last year and she said there was no chance whatsoever of granting a favour.  You have to rely on both lines being generous... that goes for having someone elses ticket who you look vaguely like....

2 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

There are and I believe we all know that too...

One can dream though ;)

3 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Tickets first then wristbands isn't it?

10 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

have you phoned around for it? The way people are uniting at the moment it may have been handed in somewhere. Always worth trying!

Someone reported it lost at 3.30 this morning and ordered me a new card. Could have have been me, who knows. Very much doubt it was me though. Found my credit card now so good to go again. Had an absolute nightmare last 3 weeks with personal issues but a good chat with my brother just now and I'm ready to go again. This thread has kept me going too. Was ready for giving up earlier but no chance now. We will get tickets and it will happen today! To quote a childhood tv advert. 'You wanna run like Linford, you gotta think like Linford. PMA Positive Mental Attitude 

3 minutes ago, jennilily said:

Sooo jealous I wanted to go to dismaland soooo much. LOVE banksy. 

Getting tickets was similar to this though. Waiting out on a forum for any info for days, then someone found a backdoor for tickets and a load of us bought them, they cost 1p! Unfortunately it was an error so they all got cancelled. Then i missed out in the main sale for the evening tickets. Amazingly someone was selling a couple of tickets on twitter for face value (£15ish) a few days later and i managed to be first to snap them up. Got to see Run the Jewels front row and meet Killer Mike afterwards too. It was amazing.