Secret resales 2015

Terence99

A friend works for a small firm of architects. They have the choice of either receiving a cash bonus at Christmas, or a VIP ticket to Glasto. Most of them choose the latter.  They all go off en masse and I receive endless sickening photos of them sitting in the VIP area, sinking cocktails whilst seated on expensive bamboo furniture in between the stages. 

Good suggestion if your work ever asks how they could improve benefits.

1 minute ago, JatTay said:

A friend works for a small firm of architects. They have the choice of either receiving a cash bonus at Christmas, or a VIP ticket to Glasto. Most of them choose the latter.  They all go off en masse and I receive endless sickening photos of them sitting in the VIP area, sinking cocktails whilst seated on expensive bamboo furniture in between the stages. 

Good suggestion if your work ever asks how they could improve benefits.

Spending Glastonbury with work colleagues, backstage away from all the real action doesn't sound like my idea of a good Glastonbury

• Upvote 1

Still sorry about that. I was referring to getting to a certain page number and only realised what I'd done when it was too late. Oops! 

I have almost returned to normal working habits. I still believe it will happen but not for a while yet. With the other options I've pursued all come back with nothing I've got to hold on to this.

It's gonna happen right? Right?! :(

Edited by Beaver89
Wrong quote post and on phone, can't correct

1 minute ago, Renfield said:

clique-y

highly strung i think, no worries - you probably have a point about See being busy dealing with other refunds, though i think a lot of us started to question the possibility of a resale when we entered the third week - before the tragic events of monday.

1 hour ago, Robinn said:

Yeah, seems like a lot of people gave up at the end of last week.

Had an emergency chat with my Glasto buddy yesterday evening to appoint a deadline for our resale efforts. Took about 5 seconds. We decided to call it quits after June 24. 

See ain't gonna ruin this for us.

Oh me too. It ain't over until it's over. I may go anyway just to sit on the hill above Gate C on the Tuesday evening like I always do. Difference this year is I may not be going in on the Wednesday morning, but then again who knows!?

3 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Still sorry about that. I was referring to getting to a certain page number and only realised what I'd done when it was too late. Oops! 

I have almost returned to normal working habits. I still believe it will happen but not for a while yet. With the other options I've pursued all come back with nothing I've got to hold on to this.

It's gonna happen right? Right?! :(

YES. Definitely!

I think....

So as we roll past the high alert period and into the just in case zone, quick question.

How many people would try 'alternate' means of entry, and how far would you go?

Personally, if i was offered a ticket with a strong resemblance for face value I would give it a go. Wouldn't be interested in more nefarious means.

Sad to hear some of you are almost ready to give up, totally get it though, especially those of you not even in the country. Good to hear some of you are sticking it out til the end like i plan to. Hope to see you all tomorrow morning! I'm off to the pub x

4 minutes ago, lobo said:

Sad to hear some of you are almost ready to give up, totally get it though, especially those of you not even in the country. Good to hear some of you are sticking it out til the end like i plan to. Hope to see you all tomorrow morning! I'm off to the pub x

Have fun! See you in the morning for another day at the fun factory! :D

Repeat after me:

I will get tickets.

Now say it a little louder:

I will get tickets.

Good, now emphasise the 'WILL':

I WILL get tickets

That's a bit better, but you're not convincing me, say with with belief, make me believe you:

I WILL GET THOSE TICKETS

Who's going to?

ME! That's who! I WILL GET THOSE BASTARD TICKETS

Great. There's the SeeTickets office over there, go get them kiddo:

ARRGGGHH, GIVE ME MY GLASTONBURY TICKETS ARRRRGGGHH!!!!

Perfect. That should see you through 'till tomorrow.

• Upvote 27

Just now, Glasto Mart said:

Repeat after me:

I will get tickets.

I will get tickets.

I WILL get tickets

That's a bit better, but you're not convincing me, say with with belief, make me believe you:

I WILL GET THOSE TICKETS

Who's going to?

I am out of upvotes.....:drinks:have one of these instead

3 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Repeat after me:

I will get tickets.

I will get tickets.

I WILL get tickets

I WILL GET THOSE TICKETS

Who's going to?

:clapping:

30 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Spending Glastonbury with work colleagues, backstage away from all the real action doesn't sound like my idea of a good Glastonbury

To me that would be utter crap.
I would take the ticket and then pitch my own tent where the action is.

29 minutes ago, blackred said:

So as we roll past the high alert period and into the just in case zone, quick question.

How many people would try 'alternate' means of entry, and how far would you go?

Personally, if i was offered a ticket with a strong resemblance for face value I would give it a go. Wouldn't be interested in more nefarious means.

Yeh il be grabbing a twix if it comes to it :ph34r: