Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I'm out of here guys. Can't bring myself to get excited or be thinking about trying for tickets after the horror of last night. 

Good luck to those still going for it.

Don't give up, don't give in. On any count.

2 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Morning all, feel so so sad today, horrendous news, i will be trying for tickets if they come on sale today, doesn't feel right but I can not let cowardly sick individuals disrupt everyday life, they can't win

This. I got tickets for a gig tomorrow, and when I heard the news I immediately started doubting whether it's still a good idea to go. But I will, cause staying at home and being afraid to do something is exactly what they want.

Same goes for everyone in this thread going for tickets in the resale. Yes, this is terrible, we have to sympathize with the friends and relatives of everyone involved, but don't stop doing the things you want/love, even if it's something 'insignificant' as getting tickets for a festival. 

Hope I worded this right. Really don't wanna give the idea that I wasn't shocked or that I don't care.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Morning all, feel so so sad today, horrendous news, i will be trying for tickets if they come on sale today, doesn't feel right but I can not let cowardly sick individuals disrupt everyday life, they can't win

Feel exactly the same. Totally bereft right now.

11 minutes ago, musky said:

Don't give up, don't give in. On any count.

You are of course right M about not giving in. Absolutely support those who want tickets and it cannot be allowed to affect events like Glastonbury.

My reaction is a personal one. Looking for tickets and participating in this great thread are not for me today.

As all of us would of course say - our thoughts are with those affected.

Peace to all.

x

Good morning all, trying to send you all good vibes to get tickets. It is with a heavy heart though as I am totally shocked, upset and angry that these cowards are now attacking the weak and vulnerable - these were mainly kids ffs! Music is meant to bring people together not to be fearful.. Huge huge respect to everyone in Manchester and the surrounding areas for all the support and love they have shown though. Let's hope that the sale happens for you today and gives people something to smile about again  

7 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You are of course right M about not giving in. Absolutely support those who want tickets and it cannot be allowed to affect events like Glastonbury.

My reaction is a personal one. Looking for tickets and participating in this great thread are not for me today.

As all of us would of course say - our thoughts are with those affected.

Peace to all.

x

Totally understandable reaction Ted. I'm trying for someone else so will persevere, but I will not lie, today the excitement and joy is not there.

As a mother and a music fan I literally feel numb. I just want to hug my daughter all day. I don't want her to grow up surrounded by such atrocities, yet I want her to experience the things I have. Getting excited for her first concert, first festival..it's just heartbreaking. 

I also feel a resale wouldn't be right today now. But of course will be right here with you guys. 

Love and peace x

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Robinn said:

This. I got tickets for a gig tomorrow, and when I heard the news I immediately started doubting whether it's still a good idea to go. But I will, cause staying at home and being afraid to do something is exactly what they want.

Same goes for everyone in this thread going for tickets in the resale. Yes, this is terrible, we have to sympathize with the friends and relatives of everyone involved, but don't stop doing the things you want/love, even if it's something 'insignificant' as getting tickets for a festival. 

Hope I worded this right. Really don't wanna give the idea that I wasn't shocked or that I don't care.

Wise words. Life has to carry on as normal or we let them win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Robinn said:

We went to see omid djalilli the night after the London attack, it was a sell out gig but only half the auditorium was full, he came on stage and thanked everyone profusely for turning out, it was surreal. I hope you enjoy your gig.

Your sentiments are spot on.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

We went to see omid djalilli the night after the London attack, it was a sell out gig but only half the auditorium was full, he came on stage and thanked everyone profusely for turning out, it was surreal. I hope you enjoy your gig.

I remember going to a Judas Priest show 2 nights after the Paris attacks and the attack in the Bataclan. You could sense that everybody in the crowd was a bit nervous and you couldn't help but think of what it must have been like. The band was, obviously, nervous too. But after a few songs everyone started to relax and was able to enjoy the show again. The feeling was hard to describe, like everybody got control over their life back during that gig.

• Upvote 1