Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, helsbellski said:

So, if the worst comes to the worst and I don't get tickets (SOB) for this year, which other festivals would other people recommend? I was thinking about either Beautiful Days or End of the Road...

Bonnaroo! (Which is in Manchester, Tennessee, and in three weeks.......)

At the risk of sounding like a selfish prick, I'm glad there was no sale yesterday as I was completely out of action. However I'm here ready, sweating my arse off in my hotel lobby leeching the free wifi and missing out on the gorgeous Jamaican sun all in the hope of bagging a ticket. So come on See, bring it!!!!! :P

2 minutes ago, lobo said:

2007 was brutal! Still i preferred the pools of water everywhere in 2007 to last years deep sticky mud. But that rain was relentless.

I vividly remember watching Bill Bailey in the driving rain. It was coming in sideways. So grim.

I wasn't there last year but have heard all about that mud. Ain't no mud like Glasto mud!

So, if the worst comes to the worst and I don't get tickets (SOB) for this year, which other festivals would other people recommend? I was thinking about either Beautiful Days or End of the Road...

Both are ace. I've done 8 BD's and 3 EoTR's. Beautiful Days has a more Avalon feel and EoTR is like the Park. Both have nice sites, although EoTR is flat and has peacocks.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

Both are ace. I've done 8 BD's and 3 EoTR's. Beautiful Days has a more Avalon feel and EoTR is like the Park. Both have nice sites, although EoTR is flat and has peacocks.

Thankyou! EoTR is literally 30 minutes away from our house in Dorset so I'm very tempted. But Beautiful Days just looks really fun!

2 minutes ago, lexlogic said:

At the risk of sounding like a selfish prick, I'm glad there was no sale yesterday as I was completely out of action. However I'm here ready, sweating my arse off in my hotel lobby leeching the free wifi and missing out on the gorgeous Jamaican sun all in the hope of bagging a ticket. So come on See, bring it!!!!! :P

Omg, jealous. Raining in London right now. :(

• Upvote 1

Just now, helsbellski said:

I vividly remember watching Bill Bailey in the driving rain. It was coming in sideways. So grim.

I wasn't there last year but have heard all about that mud. Ain't no mud like Glasto mud!

I went to watch Bill Bailey too, late set outdoor somewhere if i remember rightly. Apparently 2007 is one of the worst for rain according to people around here.

5 minutes ago, lexlogic said:

I'm pretty sure I'd have given up on Glasto tickets if Jamaica would have been the alternative! Enjoy!

Edited by Robinn
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

Festival No6 is quite nice. A bit on the small side but it's in a lovely location with a beach & woodland. 

Thankyou! EoTR is literally 30 minutes away from our house in Dorset so I'm very tempted. But Beautiful Days just looks really fun!

We are doing BD for the first time this year - heard nothing but good stuff about it :)

EOTR - a friend went last year and loved it. It is like Larmer Tree (held in same place) only more like a grass roots festival and less 'middle class'

1 minute ago, lobo said:

I went to watch Bill Bailey too, late set outdoor somewhere if i remember rightly. Apparently 2007 is one of the worst for rain according to people around here.

Yes, that's the one! Super late, super rainy. I just remember endlessly wandering as there was nowhere to sit for the whole 5 days!

3 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

bearded theory is a great small festival , but its next week and sold out. but worth a look next year

Just now, helsbellski said:

Just had a look at the website. And now I want to go! :o

It's a lot different to Glasto - much more commercialized and you can't take alcohol into the 'Centeroo' (the stages area - sort of like V Fest), but their whole thing is radiating positivity, so everyone is happy and high fives are a thing.

4 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

Ooh, thanks! I will investigate

You should give it a go! It's very picturesque and relaxed. Beautiful setting in the woods and each year I've been the weather has been stunning. It's not too large yet it doesn't feel crowded either. It's a nice place to be! 

5 minutes ago, lexlogic said:

wish i was sweating in a jamaican lobby rather than having people hoovering round me in a house in hull.did make some nice jerk chicken weekend though.