Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, mrbuz84 said:

i remember us lot telling everyone that was the password but when we said it he just looked at us daft as we spotted him strolling around. you wasn't smooching a kid in a cow hat by any chance was you ?lol

Nope, not me! Was so funny, I had sent a text to my mate to let her know as she is a huge Fatboy fan. As we approached the entrance in a very deserted Block 9 as it was late afternoon, I spotted her and her gang coming from the opposite direction. "You got my text then?" I said to her. "What text?" she replied, followed by "I haven't even got my phone on me" So it was just amazing coincidence she too was in the right place at the right time! :D 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Prophet6 said:

Haha those were the days....my first ticket was from Our Price in Bristol in 1992, day after payday!

I remember popping in there for tickets.

My first ticket was winning a competition through Venue magazine. The best thing about it was I never even entered it but a mate that worked there said my name was chosen at 'random'.

Just now, StoneCircle said:

Nope, not me! Was so funny, I had sent a text to my mate to let her know as she is a huge Fatboy fan. As we approached the entrance in a very deserted Block 9 as it was late afternoon, I spotted her and her gang coming from the opposite direction. "You got my text then?" I said to her. "What text?" she replied, followed by "I haven't even got my phone on me" So it was just amazing coincidence she too was in the right place at the right time! :D 

yeah,there wasn't a soul in block 9 just him walking round with a lady who give us the wrist bands,think i have some photos somewhere...

First time we went to Glasto, we took a load of food provisions as you do (not knowing too much about the wonderful options there).  We went out, had a great night, staying out in the stone circle till about 10am as the weather was very hot.  We got back to tent to find the milk had leaked into all our sleeping bags and clothes and had gone sour.   We picked up the tent and put it on the rubbish pile.  This was Wednesday night.  We slept in the space where our tent was for the next 4 nights in the same clothes.

• Upvote 2

My abiding memory from Glastonbury is from 2010 (possibly 2011). I met a lovely guy at who was working for the BBC up at the stone circle. My friends bailed out pretty early on so he and I walked around pretty much the whole site basically telling our life stories and sat and watched sunrise together. However, I was a little the worse for wear (understatement) and my next memory is waking up on the other side of the site from my tent, sitting in someone's camping chair where I'd clearly fallen asleep, wearing a fox hood. I have never felt as poorly as I did that day. Had a bloody great time though :D 

Just now, helsbellski said:

My abiding memory from Glastonbury is from 2010 (possibly 2011). I met a lovely guy at who was working for the BBC up at the stone circle. My friends bailed out pretty early on so he and I walked around pretty much the whole site basically telling our life stories and sat and watched sunrise together. However, I was a little the worse for wear (understatement) and my next memory is waking up on the other side of the site from my tent, sitting in someone's camping chair where I'd clearly fallen asleep, wearing a fox hood. I have never felt as poorly as I did that day. Had a bloody great time though :D 

awesome, did you keep the fox hat!

Just now, Hugs said:

First time we went to Glasto, we took a load of food provisions as you do (not knowing too much about the wonderful options there).  We went out, had a great night, staying out in the stone circle till about 10am as the weather was very hot.  We got back to tent to find the milk had leaked into all our sleeping bags and clothes and had gone sour.   We picked up the tent and put it on the rubbish pile.  This was Wednesday night.  We slept in the space where our tent was for the next 4 nights in the same clothes.

Lol, I still haven't quite learned that I end up wearing the same thing for 6 days. Each time I way overpack on outerwear, and underpack on underwear. this year I swear I'm bringing 30 pairs of knickers and one pair of jeggings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, beefykoala said:

Lol, I still haven't quite learned that I end up wearing the same thing for 6 days. Each time I way overpack on outerwear, and underpack on underwear. this year I swear I'm bringing 30 pairs of knickers and one pair of jeggings.

Ive solved half that problem by just wearing a kilt for the whole festival. No undies needed ! 

12 minutes ago, storm said:

Dodgy tent stories? Like many mine was my at my first Glastonbury back in 1989. I turned up with what I thought as a teenager was a perfectly good tent. It wasn't, it was probably a play tent too and made of canvas. It had half a pole and about 3 tent pegs, no way of doing up at the front and it  partially collapsed after a few hours. I came back to the campsite after a couple of days to find it flat on the ground with evidence it had been used as a handy skinning up dry area. As a teenager it didn't bother me and I was better off than a mate who arrived on a motorbike with what he stood up in, he slept crosslegged on a plastic bag

1989 was the first time I went. Ticket was £27. There was one Main Stage, but the Pixies and Waterboys played and it was great. The Kids Field was basically Michael's kids seesaw and swing. It was also really hot so the fact that you lost a tent probably didn't matter. I remember sleeping under a sheet. Loads of space for camping and the dealers used to go round to each group of tents offering their wares...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I know for some just being there will be enough..but where does everyone generally like to camp? we've been in Kidney Mead last 8 times. Love it there, although long trek back from Block 9 in the wee hours!

Park home ground was my favourite but not been in there since the car parks started opening on Tuesday. Been Oxylers and bushy ground the last few years.