Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, JatTay said:

The first time I bought a ticket was from a record shop in Leeds Merrion Centre. A VERY long time ago.

The second time I went I didn't even buy a ticket, just turned up at the gate, paid and went in.

Was it the one on the bottom floor of the Merrion ?   

I used to go in there .  I bought Upside Down by the Jesus and Mary  Chain ( picture bag  ) in there.  I think it is worth a few quid now.

My first year (2003) I wasn't sure about going, my friend talked me into it but was like "Tickets are sold out though". Then a while later he was like, "I think they're back on sale?" and I went on the website - yep, got my ticket in some unannounced resale I'd stumbled upon. This was back before page pingers and whatsapp groups, so it was kinda a miracle that I did get one. 

That was the year I met the people of The Official Site glasto forum (the TOSers), and in particular Juls, who talked me into going to art college, where I met my friend Laura, who talked me into doing Camp America, where I met Mike Fox, who talked me into booking a flight to San Diego, where I met Jordan, who I married.

So yeah, Glastonbury 2003 and the secret resales did a lot for me. :) 

• Upvote 16

1 minute ago, ivan said:

Was it the one on the bottom floor of the Merrion ?   

I used to go in there .  I bought Upside Down by the Jesus and Mary  Chain ( picture bag  ) in there.  I think it is worth a few quid now.

I can't remember which one it was - it was called Jumbos Records. 

1 minute ago, beefykoala said:

That was the year I met the people of The Official Site glasto forum (the TOSers), and in particular Juls, who talked me into going to art college, where I met my friend Laura, who talked me into doing Camp America, where I met Mike Fox, who talked me into booking a flight to San Diego, where I met Jordan, who I married.

Lovely. Just lovely.

2 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

My first year (2003) I wasn't sure about going, my friend talked me into it but was like "Tickets are sold out though". Then a while later he was like, "I think they're back on sale?" and I went on the website - yep, got my ticket in some unannounced resale I'd stumbled upon. This was back before page pingers and whatsapp groups, so it was kinda a miracle that I did get one. 

I love a happy ending! 

3 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

goog old glastonbury :wub:. i met fatboy slim their one time and he let us in a workers party at block 9

Edited by mrbuz84

1 minute ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

In 2003 I phoned my local record store before the tickets came on sale and asked them to hold some back for me. which they did, no deposit or anything! think that was the last year you could buy them over the counter?

Pretty sure I bought mine from HMV that year. It was a simpler time! 

I never bought Glasto tickets over the counter but I did queue for Oasis Knebworth tickets at Portsmouth Guildhall back in 96. Seem to remember being in a very long line around the building at about 6am and at some point a security guy walking down the line counting buyers trying to work out where the cut off point would be for the last tickets. Luckily I got there early enough, I'd have been gutted to be told you were just too late! 

2 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I was there too, smallest crowd I have ever seen at a Fatboy Glastonbury set!! 

if a remember rightly beer was real cheap in there, i think he gave us 7-8 passes bless him. i think he just wanted to escape us though

BTW I love this story telling! More tales of Glastos gone by please! 

Here's another one from me, and I wonder how many other people made this mistake. I bought my tent from Woolies, it looked nice and brightly colored, compact and lightweight, and a reasonable price. Perfect! I didn't want to have that whole 'it's suddenly bigger than the packaging it came in' problem, so I didn't bother opening it before Glasto. We get to Kidney Mead and everyone opens a few beers before turning to the task of setting up our tents. So I'm several beers deep, feeling a little tipsy, and I open up my new tent and... it's tiny. I climb in it to see if maybe it's just a trick of the light, but no, it is TINY. Laying down in it, I could fit my upper body in and that was it. Turns out I'd bought a kid's play tent.

And it wasn't waterproof.

I had a blinding time though. Each night I'd go back and climb 'in' my tent, leaving my wellies on, legs sticking out. By the third night it had partially collapsed. Nothing dampened my spirit. I love Glasto <3

Edited by beefykoala

Sounds like my mate who bought a tent from Tesco in Wells, on the way to site. Turned out to be a toy tent for kids camping in the garden. 4ft long (he was 6ft 2) and it was a muddy one. 

He just kept his wellies on all week, legs sticking out the front as he slept.

1 minute ago, mrbuz84 said:

if a remember rightly beer was real cheap in there, i think he gave us 7-8 passes bless him. i think he just wanted to escape us though

We has to give a password, Eat, sleep, rave, repeat and we were in! had a tip off from a friends not t the festival and just happened to be in the right place at the right time! The bar was very cheap! :) 

Just now, Prophet6 said:

Sounds like my mate who bought a tent from Tesco in Wells, on the way to site. Turned out to be a toy tent for kids camping in the garden. 4ft long (he was 6ft 2) and it was a muddy one. 

He just kept his wellies on all week, legs sticking out the front as he slept.

Hah, I KNEW I wasn't the only one who made this mistake. Damn loved that tent though.