Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, boskobalaban said:

I'm going with there is <1000 tickets for the public to scramble over, therefore they're delaying selling them so the lightweights drop out and the people on this thread get them (yes, I think there is a SEE mole amidst). 

ps, I got a ticket in the resale (sorry), I'm sticking around here because I can't wait to witness the joy when you all get a ticket. Gonna be real swell. 

Sadly it will be nowhere near that number.

Just want to say hello. Long time member and I've been lurking on here for a while. 

Trying to get a ticket for my friend whose reg number wouldn't work when I got my ticket in the general sale  

We we are both nurses so can only check when we don't have clients, but you never know!

Sorry to be a pain guys but trying to sort out a friend on Neil's checkpage. What links do they need to monitor, or are they already added when she signs up? I've tried using search and couldn't get a definitive answer and 715 pages is a bit too much to trawl through!

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I thought these tickets were already counted for Neil in the general hospitality allowance? Do they now come out of the public pot?

the 'staff, performers, etc' tickets get allocated early in the process to the various areas of the festival.

If any of those areas find they don't have enough tickets, then if they can justify getting extra tickets those extra tickets have to come out of tickets which haven't already been allocated somewhere.

Which only leaves any remaining 'public' tickets for where they can come from.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Sorry to be a pain guys but trying to sort out a friend on Neil's checkpage. What links do they need to monitor, or are they already added when she signs up? I've tried using search and couldn't get a definitive answer and 715 pages is a bit too much to trawl through!

No idea, I'm afraid I can't use checkpage but at the very least I would be monitoring http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I was told by See that they had processed 100's of tickets every day in the lead up to the refund deadline on the 5th May....just saying! Have said this before on the forum. See tickets had messed up my registration (deleted it in error) which is why I don't have a ticket & all of my family do so they were engaging with me - although offering to make up for it by allowing me just to purchase a ticket would have been the better option.

Just now, boskobalaban said:

D'you not think?! Wasn't it all over in 90 seconds last year? How many tickets d'you think that was?! 

I presume a couple of hundred people actually got them last year, they most likely didn't only buy 1 each so I'd guess the actual number available would have been up in the hundreds if not a thousand tickets. It's still less than 1% 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the 'staff, performers, etc' tickets get allocated early in the process to the various areas of the festival.

If any of those areas find they don't have enough tickets, then if they can justify getting extra tickets those extra tickets have to come out of tickets which haven't already been allocated somewhere.

There's headroom in the license for increasing the number of staff tickets though isn't there? That's not to say they wouldn't go with taking them out of public tickets first (as there will be a reason they set the staff ticket level at what they did) but it's not the only option. Might speculate it's also down to how tight the budget is that year as to whether selling those tickets or using them for staff is more prudent.

17 minutes ago, arteet said:

I thought Neil mentioned recently some crew areas were working within tight constraints of staffing currently anyway.

they are - which is why they might need extras.

For example, booking a four piece band requires fewer tickets than booking an orchestra - but the base allocation for that stage is likely to be the same each year, whether they've booked a four-piece or an orchestra.

So if they've booked an orchestra, it's reasonable to ask for extra tickets (tho they still might not get them - I know of a stage manger who was sacked because he booked a band with many members while knowing there weren't the tickets for them).

1 minute ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

I was told by See that they had processed 100's of tickets every day in the lead up to the refund deadline on the 5th May....just saying! Have said this before on the forum. See tickets had messed up my registration (deleted it in error) which is why I don't have a ticket & all of my family do so they were engaging with me - although offering to make up for it by allowing me just to purchase a ticket would have been the better option.

ah thats crap they deleted your reg. They need to make it up to you more than just engaging with you though! hope you get to go with your family!

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ahh okay. I was under the impression there was 135k for Ga, but the licence was around 200k of which was partly made up of crew/performers etc. I thought any extra crew/performers requirements would come from that pot up to the total allowance if that makes sense.

Must have been reading things on the internet again!:)

13 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

That's correct but surely these tight constraints would be fairly concrete in how many tickets they were issued. My thinking is that possibly there may be acts etc that would be bringing more people than expected or something like that. No idea of course I'm just speculating.

yep, exactly that sort of thing.

In theory the averages should cover 'lots of people' from the ones that only bring a few people - but the averages don't always work out like that.

13 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

However I was also under the assumption that extra crew tickets etc. were covered under the how ever many thousand on top of the General allowance tickets that the festival licence caters for.

Again just my thoughts.

there's still a limit to those crew tickets. The fest hasn't requested a bigger licence without need for the numbers of that bigger licence.

11 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

monitoring glastonbury.seetickets.com should be all you need.

1 minute ago, boskobalaban said:

D'you not think?! Wasn't it all over in 90 seconds last year? How many tickets d'you think that was?! 

The amount of tickets that will be available will be any cancelled between the 12 day period between 23rd of April and 5th May (and how ever many are covered by ticket protection after that date???) I can't personally imagine this would equate to a huge number, certainly not close to 1000 tickets.

I'd love to believe it was around that figure or more but I can't see that many people cancelling in such a short timeframe.

5 minutes ago, boskobalaban said:

Think it was probably no more than a couple of hundred at best. Based on nothing of course but I really can't see there being 1000 refunds. 

I hope I'm wrong of course!:)

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There's headroom in the license for increasing the number of staff tickets though isn't there? 

all of the staff allocation is exceedingly likely to be allocated somewhere.

Why would the fest get a licence for particular numbers if it didn't need all of those numbers? That would be daft.

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Ahh okay. I was under the impression there was 135k for Ga, but the licence was around 200k of which was partly made up of crew/performers etc. I thought any extra crew/performers requirements would come from that pot up to the total allowance if that makes sense.

Must have been reading things on the internet again!:)

yeah, it's about what you say ... but the crew/performers/etc tickets are not just sat there, unallocated. They're allocated to crew/performers/etc, and aren't 'spare'.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The amount of tickets that will be available will be any cancelled between the 12 day period between 23rd of April and 5th May (and how ever many are covered by ticket protection after that date???) I can't personally imagine this would equate to a huge number, certainly not close to 1000 tickets.

I'd love to believe it was around that figure or more but I can't see that many people cancelling in such a short timeframe.

Well anyone with circumstances where they're unsure will probably wait until the last day to cancel, as that's when they have the most possible information.