Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

This might have already been answered:-

I am monitoring this page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras but is it better to have the reg details ready to go on this page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001/ ? Then when the page change comes through submit? 

I think this may be a risky approach and maybe its better to go through the main page and click the buy tickets link. I am just one person so want to focus my efforts!

It's a bit of a crapshoot to be honest, the Reg page may work and it may not. 

3 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

This might have already been answered:-

I am monitoring this page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras but is it better to have the reg details ready to go on this page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001/ ? Then when the page change comes through submit? 

I think this may be a risky approach and maybe its better to go through the main page and click the buy tickets link. I am just one person so want to focus my efforts!

for me, last year, this cost me time. The preloaded page just hung and by the time I'd realised it wasn't going anywhere they were gone. Same for some others, however there are some who are saying it did work for them, so its a gamble either way....

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Morning folks, we go again today then! Don't forget the Wateraid winner is picked today too so keep an eye out on your emails!

Which water aid one is that? They had one where you post a photo/video/comment in telling them what youre made of and another that was just a question...

22 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Thanks Ben and everyone else who's wishing me well.

Glastonbury is my second home. It's the best 5 days of my year, bar none. The feelings I get from being there and the smile I have permanently attached to my face just don't dissipate for the whole festival.

But having said that, I just can't turn round to one of my pals and say "Sorry, I had to leave you out". Just can't do it.

Keep the faith though my friends, keep the faith x

I'd feel the same, I put everyone first ahead of myself most of time. BUT you are the one doing all the work here. Would the other four be doing the same in your situation? They'll all understand if you say that you're drawing names for the other three places. If I was one of the other four, I'd withdraw rather than have you miss out, I'd feel so guilty.

Look at it this way. If you weren't trying, they would have 0% chance of getting a ticket. If you do a draw they have a 75% chance of getting a ticket. Assuming you are successful in getting through of course.

20 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Thanks Ben and everyone else who's wishing me well.

Glastonbury is my second home. It's the best 5 days of my year, bar none. The feelings I get from being there and the smile I have permanently attached to my face just don't dissipate for the whole festival.

But having said that, I just can't turn round to one of my pals and say "Sorry, I had to leave you out". Just can't do it.

Keep the faith though my friends, keep the faith x

Wow!

Well, all I can say (with huge admiration) is that you truly are a better man than me.

I feel exactly the same as you about Glastonbury. Although this is only my third time, having spent many years seeing *gulps* other festivals, I instantly felt a very real and intense bond with the Farm.

I have a wonderful family who I adore and look after, but those five days are disproportionately important to me. Child 1 (nearly 20 years old) will be at his first GF this year. I love him (most of the time...!). I'm not planning to 'see' him, possibly at all! (though he has inherited his dad's love of techno, so chances are high!). And that's because Glastonbury is about a very, very special time for me, with people I have met here and come to adore very quickly.

For me truly to sacrifice myself, getting tickets for friends and foregoing myself is something that, perhaps embarrassingly given your sentiments this morning, I just don't think I could do. Would I do everything in my power to ensure as many of them as possible got there? Without question. Would I take a bullet to allow that to happen. I just couldn't!

*sighs*

:)

Ben

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Glasto Mart said:

Morning all. Checking in.

None of our group of 5 have tickets and seeing as I am the only one with access to internet during work hours it falls on me to try and get some. Unfortunately, as I can only get four at a time, I'm going to have to put myself into the 'second attempt' page as it's too harsh to have to tell someone I picked them to miss out.

I'm only trying for one for a friend - I can include you? I'm not massively "on it" though, I'm keeping an eye on this page and I've been successful in the last 3 of these resales.. but I wouldn't want to make any promises!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

I'm only trying for one for a friend - I can include you? I'm not massively "on it" though, I'm keeping an eye on this page and I've been successful in the last 3 of these resales.. but I wouldn't want to make any promises!!

No upvotes left today I'm afraid but I love this post!:)

4 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Good luck.

Edited by THEBOILERMAN

1 hour ago, Glasto Mart said:

Morning all. Checking in.

None of our group of 5 have tickets and seeing as I am the only one with access to internet during work hours it falls on me to try and get some. Unfortunately, as I can only get four at a time, I'm going to have to put myself into the 'second attempt' page as it's too harsh to have to tell someone I picked them to miss out.

As the person putting in the effort your name should be top of the list - if it was not for you none off them would have a chance. put their names in a hat and draw one out, if they are true friends they will understand and except it in fact they would insist that it was done this way.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Anyone else using the Aotol page checker iPhone app? It's the only one I can find that says it does real time alerts but I'm wary of relying on it...

Never heard of it mate. How does it alert you?

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I love Glastonbury and I love its spirit - it is unique in so many ways, including the attitude and philosophy of so many of its fans, as evidenced on these boards.

BUT...

Mart - you have to put yourself on the first page! YOU are the one showing the dedication. YOU are the one spending hours monitoring pages. YOU are the one trying so hard for everyone else.

If I was on your group I would insist that you were lead booker, even in place of me, if I was contributing pretty much nothing to the effort (even if it was not my fault that I couldn't help). Any of your friends would be getting a MASSIVE bonus, were you to secure them a ticket. Putting yourself on that first page is not selfish. It's FAIR.

Lots of us are here with tickets, trying for other people. That's Glastonbury (I'm trying for someone I've never even met!).

Listen to me. I know things...

You are lovely. Get yourself a ticket too...

:)

Ben

This too. I do all the organising and again this year I'm here for friends, but I don't think I could drop myself. It would be a case of tossing a coin.....for them!

I would be happy to put him in my group of three but there's a good risk of someone getting in before me and then all of mine being rejected. So are there people out there who can just try for him?

Edited by smudger

9 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Not too sure pal they just tweeted to keep an eye out on your e-mails!

Doesnt matter too much anyway, weve bagged our tickets in the thatchers comp ;)

Edited by lobo
We havent actually won anything, just a joke