Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, whisty said:

If the festival read anything on this site hopefully read this -

It's really not fair making people do this, there are hundreds possibly thousands sitting anxiously waiting with phone or PC all effin week for this. Why don;t the festival just straight up come out with their intentions, let everybody off the hook until the actual scheduled day/time. Just say it Glastonbury festival & stop treating people this way. There, that;'s off my chest, I have a ticket but feel for the many folks that are still desperate.

Well said and I like the sentiment, but... If they say that there's going to be something, and are more specific, then it'll be tens of thousands, rather than thousands - and that won't make there be any more tickets.  This is torture though

Not secret-resale related but I just got a Glastonbury competition email from Wateraid to win two tickets: http://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/events/glastonbury-2017-ticket-competition?dm_i=28HF,12DDG,4HBW0O,36LF6,1

Good luck!

Edit: I think this is already in the competitions thread, but just in case someone missed it...!

Edited by alibear

Just now, Kja509 said:

Hi. Just been reading the thread re number of tickets. I got a ticket in the secret resale last year and it was definitely limited to 2 tickets. 

I know this has been asked but I could not find the answer, can you use a credit card or does it have to be a debit card ??  Sorry I got distracted by the knob jokes !!!  

1 minute ago, basicminds said:

In my understanding the past 5 years have been at most 9 days after cancellation day which means if it goes into next week it will be the longest....so I'm hoping it will come through today as weekend sales seem to be written off on here?

it was 13 days in 2011 and 10 days in 2015

1 minute ago, basicminds said:

In my understanding the past 5 years have been at most 9 days after cancellation day which means if it goes into next week it will be the longest....so I'm hoping it will come through today as weekend sales seem to be written off on here?

I think 2015 was 10 days... so Monday

1 minute ago, cazzatron said:

I think if they let people know it would be a lot more people trying. In October and April I couldn't get through to a ticket page! I have a ticket as someone else got them, but trying for two more who missed out!

They should make the October sale a secret sale. That way the die-hard fans would be the first in the know, and the rest would find out as news spread.

2 minutes ago, minxy21 said:

I know this has been asked but I could not find the answer, can you use a credit card or does it have to be a debit card ??  Sorry I got distracted by the knob jokes !!!  

Credit cards ok this year, I checked before 

1 minute ago, g_upinhere said:

They should make the October sale a secret sale. That way the die-hard fans would be the first in the know, and the rest would find out as news spread.

That I'd like to see - if you're not looking for it then tough :)

I am sorry, but I really do not agree with this idea. The tickets really must be accessible to everyone, without newcomers etc the festival would not have the same magic. The secret resale and the lack of knowledge around this is probably enough for the die hards.

I think they should make the October sale full price, people will have to commit and probably buy less tickets as it's a huge outlay.  The demand is massive when there is very little risk if you decide not to go when the balance is due (you get 35 of your 50 quid deposit back)

6 minutes ago, minxy21 said:
8 minutes ago, Kja509 said:

I used a debit card. Pretty sure it can't be credit  but may be different this year 

Edited by Kja509