Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, gibble said:

What kind of response time is needed then?! Surely it would only take a second or two to see that the page doesn't load... is this the margins we are talking? 

From what was said yesterday all the tickets were sold out in 90 seconds last year, so every second counts! I'm not risking it knowing my luck!

6 minutes ago, Lucys92 said:

From what was said yesterday all the tickets were sold out in 90 seconds last year, so every second counts! I'm not risking it knowing my luck!

And within that 90 seconds is the delay in being notified, reaching the laptop/mobile to open text/email, refreshing the page, entering the registrations and payment details etc.  Plus there are bound to be more people trying this year as these things become less secret!

Still, someone will get them so who knows! 

Just now, crump3t said:

My concern with the prefilled form - isn't it only 2 tickets per transaction in this resale, and the form has 4 slots? 

I don't think anyone knows for sure but someone said that last year you could get 4...

17 minutes ago, gibble said:

What kind of response time is needed then?! Surely it would only take a second or two to see that the page doesn't load... is this the margins we are talking? 

It is seconds. I had the form ready to go. Pressed proceed the second the site when live, it hung for a couple of seconds so I pressed send again, waited for probably about 5 seconds and then went to the main page, clicked on buy tickets, cut and pasted in 4 reg numbers and postcodes hit proceed and got the sold out page. Didn't even get as far as the payment page and I'm very quick at cutting and pasting.

I don't think it was even 90 seconds. Felt more like 20. In the past I've brought tickets in the secret sale in under that, the pages respond immediately so it literally is seconds.

1 minute ago, smudger said:

It is seconds. I had the form ready to go. Pressed proceed the second the site when live, it hung for a couple of seconds so I pressed send again, waited for probably about 5 seconds and then went to the main page, clicked on buy tickets, cut and pasted in 4 reg numbers and postcodes hit proceed and got the sold out page. Didn't even get as far as the payment page and I'm very quick at cutting and pasting.

I don't think it was even 90 seconds. Felt more like 20. In the past I've brought tickets in the secret sale in under that, the pages respond immediately so it literally is seconds.

Wow. It seems unlikely I'm going to succeed with this then. Especially if it's today... I'll stick with it until it's over though!

3 minutes ago, smudger said:

This was exactly the same for me but i was only trying for 1 ticket so even less copying/pasting!

Just now, Sophiejmitch said:

This was exactly the same for me but i was only trying for 1 ticket so even less copying/pasting!

Shit! I'd convinced myself the extra three people had made all the difference! I think its a case of hovering over the main page where you expect the button to appear and the go like fuck.

Its going to be a long day....:o

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, amyharvz said:

Do they usually do a separate resales for coach and general? Or is it just the one for general... 

if there is coach and GA they will be separate - there was no coach sale last year, only GA tix

ok I'm off out for a wedding haircut , collect my suit from dry cleaners and buy some shoes  , best of luck guys if it happens in the next 2 hours .. only trying for 1 ticket for a friend of a friend , but love the anticipation of resales good luck peeps 

Just now, p.pete said:

Are tickets 'secured' once you get all the reg's in, click proceed, and then review that they're the right ones and proceed again?  Or is it all still to play for until you get the payment details in too?

Would normally say no, but I did read someone on here saying they thought it had changed and you have 10 seconds to fill in the payment page. First time I'd heard this though. If true it would take the pressure off and there is nothing as demoralising as getting that far only to fall at the last fence.

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Are tickets 'secured' once you get all the reg's in, click proceed, and then review that they're the right ones and proceed again?  Or is it all still to play for until you get the payment details in too?

I asked this a couple of days ago as i thought see now had this secured tickets thing in place, another efester informed me that nothing is secure whilst entering any details. Which sucks

Just now, lobo said:

I asked this a couple of days ago as i thought see now had this secured tickets thing in place, another efester informed me that nothing is secure whilst entering any details. Which sucks

Good to know - not great in terms of accessibility, or fairness for people with different abilities, or pressure when trying to make a large financial transaction, but good to know