Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, musky said:

Last year someone suggested setting up keyboard short cuts on a mobile, so you add a couple of letters/numbers and it brings up the whole thing as a suggested word/phrase/number. Not sure where you'd find it on an android phone, but in iOS it's under general settings>keyboards>text replacement.

This^ Got all my details saved as shortcuts on my phone so if I type in say, cn it altomatically comes up with my card number, sr for my registration no. pc for postcode etc.

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

This^ Got all my details saved as shortcuts on my phone so if I type in say, cn it altomatically comes up with my card number, sr for my registration no. pc for postcode etc.

Just tried to do this on my iPhone but it didn't seem to work? I'll have to have a proper look later. I'm not the best at these things...

if you go to the play store and go to settings and then accounts you can add your card details from there works on any device if you're signed into google when you are going to a payment screen type in the first couple of numbers and a drop down will appear and touch it and it will auto fill but you do usually have to add the 3 digit cv number  

Just now, General Lee said:

Just tried to do this on my iPhone but it didn't seem to work? I'll have to have a proper look later. I'm not the best at these things...

Okay, as above if you have the latest iOS then it's under: Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. Click on the + , where it says phrase put say you card number in and where it says shortcut put in whatever helps you to remember what it is (in my case cn) then press save. Done!

For older iOS it's under Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts.

Hope that helps.

Shaun.

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Okay, as above if you have the latest iOS then it's under: Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. Click on the + , where it says phrase put say you card number in and where it says shortcut put in whatever helps you to remember what it is (in my case cn) then press save. Done!

Hope that helps.

Shaun.

Great, thanks for that - I had them the wrong way round :D

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hope that helps.

Shaun.

I can't get it to work for the postcode field. Just me?

quote:

There is Autofill for Chrome, Firefox Autofill, and another option is ShortKeys  which runs on Windows and works with any browser and form, so is my favoured ploy. There's probably something for whatever odd browser Microsoft is pushing at the moment but, then, you wouldn't really would you?

If you're on Mac/iPad/iPhone the OS has built-in text replacement so you can enter, say, two letters and the OS will substitute your address, registration numbers, postcode, etc.

All this takes a bit of setting up in advance, it's true, but it's worth it!

Unquote

Would Shortkeys work on a microsoft lumia Mobile phone as I desperately trying to find something that would work as only have access to a computer on Monday. Grateful for any advise  

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I can't get it to work for the postcode field. Just me?

I had this last year. It looks to be something to do with the seetickets site rather than the OS, as it works on other sites. I enter the first two letters of my postcode as the shortcut which brings up the entire postcode as a suggestion, but tapping on that just enters those first two letters and then a space. They way round it is to hit the backspace to eliminate the space, and then a little bubble pops up next to the postcode field with the full postcode. Tapping that enters it correctly.

It's a little bit of a faff, but only requires two extra taps.

1 hour ago, davetherave2 said:

Would Shortkeys work on a microsoft lumia Mobile phone as I desperately trying to find something that would work as only have access to a computer on Monday. Grateful for any advise  

Hi Dave, I don't really know anything about Lumia phones, but if you can install normal Windows software on it then it might work. The Lite version of ShortKeys is free so no harm in just having a go at downloading and installing it on your Lumia to see?

2 minutes ago, Smexytime said:

I am curious about how many secret resale tickets will become available.

Minimal I'd say unfortunately. It's people who would have cancelled tickets between the resale and the 5th, so people who wanted to go and paid balance originally but now can't attend. Last year it was over in a flash so I can't imagine there were many tickets. Don't let that put you off but from last years experience you have to be very quick off the mark 

Edited by Lucy92

So then, now we wait...

I doubt it will be this week but you never know. The next couple of weeks are going to drag until it's all over.  I've got a ticket (for friends) twice before in these resales but this time I need it for myself so feeling it a lot more!

2 minutes ago, Smexytime said:

Yeah, from what I've read, any time between the 7th and 18th of May. Seems random, not sure if they'll tweet anything prior to the sale.

It is random. #thereisnopattern 

And there will be no tweets.

3 minutes ago, Smexytime said:

Yeah, from what I've read, any time between the 7th and 18th of May. Seems random, not sure if they'll tweet anything prior to the sale.

Didn't last time, but that's because there just wasn't time to. Year before I remember there being a tweet about it 

Something that I've been wondering, if for instance one person with one ticket goes through the refund process and then his ticket becomes available for resale, during purchasing does that mean that you aren't able to have a 2nd person added to the checkout cart, you're only able to buy the single ticket on offer? As my situation is myself and a friend are trying to get them for each other, I'm interested to see if anyone has any thoughts on this?

To be fair there's unlikely to be just one ticket on sale and I imagine there would be a slight margin either way. So if one person was in the process of putting in payment details for the last ticket but they had 2 down on their form it may or may not get through. Suppose on the opposite page there's as much chance of See cancelling it though and not selling that last ticket?

57 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Didn't last time, but that's because there just wasn't time to. Year before I remember there being a tweet about it 

Yeah, in 2015 there was a tweet but it was after the sale had started.

57 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Also worth noting there was no coach secret resale last year, only general sale 

I'm been trying to figure out whether there was a coach sale last year. The link went up at 2:30-ish on the 9th but most people just saw 'tickets unavailable' for all the departure points. But on one of the WhatsApp groups someone claimed their friends had picked some up... So who knows.

10 hours ago, musky said:

I had this last year. It looks to be something to do with the seetickets site rather than the OS, as it works on other sites. I enter the first two letters of my postcode as the shortcut which brings up the entire postcode as a suggestion, but tapping on that just enters those first two letters and then a space. They way round it is to hit the backspace to eliminate the space, and then a little bubble pops up next to the postcode field with the full postcode. Tapping that enters it correctly.

It's a little bit of a faff, but only requires two extra taps.

Ah yeh cheers

i had a more fundamental issue which was solved by writing my shortcut in capital letters as the postcode field is auto caps. You can get past your issue by writing your postcode without a space, which I think works perfectly fine in the system

Thank you for the replies everyone. Think im going to try and get tickets, but pay the refund protection so if campervan tickets arnt available again, i can get a refund on the tickets.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund on tickets that are purchased in the resale?

1 minute ago, GLOVERMX said:

Thank you for the replies everyone. Think im going to try and get tickets, but pay the refund protection so if campervan tickets arnt available again, i can get a refund on the tickets.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund on tickets that are purchased in the resale?

Not as far as I'm aware. You pay the full balance when ordering.