Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Was there definitely accommodation available or did they just move the WV car park pass into that section? 

they didn't move anything.

they got rid of the Worthy View link.

added a link to GA Car Parking page

then added a 2nd link to GA Car Parking page

then re-added the link to Worthy View

then removed the extra link to GA Car Parking.

no WV accommodation went onsale, and the WV car parking didn't move anywhere.

1 minute ago, Hello... I'm Johnny Cash said:

5 alerts in 6 minutes!

As this keeps happening could something be put in place to stop the flurries? like an if statement that checks how long it has been since the last alert was sent and if it's less than say 10 minutes it doesn't send it out? 

I understand where you're coming from and I completely get why you're saying it .... but how good is a page-change alerter which doesn't alert you to page changes? :P

I'm well aware that the flurries are far from ideal in many ways, and I'm open to any ideas, but it needs to keep to it's primary function of alerting for page changes.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I understand where you're coming from and I completely get why you're saying it .... but how good is a page-change alerter which doesn't alert you to page changes? :P

I'm well aware that the flurries are far from ideal in many ways, and I'm open to any ideas, but it needs to keep to it's primary function of alerting for page changes.

Keep em. Good practise innit. 

39 minutes ago, siblin said:

Yeah see tickets Customer Service kept telling people who asked there wouldnt be any resales, in spite of the recommendations from some of us not to hassle see tickets about it.

the resale was over in a flash.  cant be sure of volumes but it seems from feedback on here on who got tickets the volumes of returned tickets was much less than other years.  I think this year might be even more brutal, with a good line-up and what seems like no time at all between payment date and refund deadline (why would people have changed their mind in the last week or so?)

Very limited I think although I do know of one person who was wavering, paid his balance to give himself more time to think and then got a refund this week - but thats just one ticket :-(

Add me to the sad list of people who would sell a kidney to go and didn't get a ticket, despite waking up at 3:30am Eastern time both sales and clicking F5 for an hour with no booking page ever in sight... not that I'm bitter.

We can't not get tickets. We've already booked our flights!!!

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Very limited I think although I do know of one person who was wavering, paid his balance to give himself more time to think and then got a refund this week - but thats just one ticket :-(

there's all sorts of reasons why people might cancel tho - illness, losing their job, not being granted holiday, etc.

It only takes 0.1% of attendees to be affected to have 150 tickets back in the pot - tho it's probably also the case that for each person affected by something that causes them to cancel, in most cases more than one person will cancel.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

there's all sorts of reasons why people might cancel tho - illness, losing their job, not being granted holiday, etc.

It only takes 0.1% of attendees to be affected to have 150 tickets back in the pot - tho it's probably also the case that for each person affected by something that causes them to cancel, in most cases more than one person will cancel.

Good point - here's hoping there's enough to make a resale worth it for seetickets and a few people are lucky , as I was for friends last year. Reg numbers for efesters pinned to PC at work just in case and checkpage credits purchased :-)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

I signed up to check page last night at 8.30 but I didn't receive any texts or Emails during that activity. Does it normally take that long for it to start working ? 

nope, you should have had them, they're near-instant.

At a guess, you didn't complete the final part of the set-up, which is selecting the page(s) you wish to monitor.