Secret resales 2015

Terence99

21 hours ago, chestwig said:

We'll I'm starting a new job. Not the contracting one I expecte, but a new employed role.

I explained I had the time booked off with my previous employer but if it's a problem I could just take 2-3 days off as apposed to 4.

Anybody up on employment law? Do they have to honor this?

Really don't want to put on a new employer to much.... 

No they don't have too. 

But if they are nice they will, hopefully you get a nice boss!

:)

On 6/4/2016 at 1:34 PM, Travis Tee said:

Cheers I will but it looks like your allowed to bring a caravan if you work for them. I stayed with mates in the festival medical services last year and they were next to the festival a 5 minute walk, is OXFAM miles away?

For Reading, the main staff area (so Oxfam, Hotbox etc.) are all the other side of white camping-i.e. across the river, through white camp, over there. So pretty much the furthest away you could be-I think I saw caravans there last year when I was over there. I would imagine medical staff have to be much closer due to the nature of their work etc. 

I think I mentioned beforehand, there is a ferry that helps with getting to/from the main area, which you can get as a worker (not open to the general public who have to do the trek across the bridge and through campsites). But obviously it takes however long to make the crossing + only leaves every so often, so if you're keen on seeing a lot of bands you're unlikely to want to pop back to your camp or will have to have a decent schedule in place!

5 hours ago, emilyboris said:

For Reading, the main staff area (so Oxfam, Hotbox etc.) are all the other side of white camping-i.e. across the river, through white camp, over there. So pretty much the furthest away you could be-I think I saw caravans there last year when I was over there. I would imagine medical staff have to be much closer due to the nature of their work etc. 

I think I mentioned beforehand, there is a ferry that helps with getting to/from the main area, which you can get as a worker (not open to the general public who have to do the trek across the bridge and through campsites). But obviously it takes however long to make the crossing + only leaves every so often, so if you're keen on seeing a lot of bands you're unlikely to want to pop back to your camp or will have to have a decent schedule in place!

Cheers, are you going to Glasto now? working?

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Who did they get work with out of interest? 

They work with the medical services, they had cancelled their shifts a while back but were offered late shifts. However only one of the couple was offered a shift so I am back. 8)