Secret resales 2015

Terence99

On 2 June 2016 at 4:15 PM, emilyboris said:

I remember seeing this as well-confess I've not had much time to check out other fests that Oxfam have covered, but if you're wanting to only do Reading in exchange for priority, I'd strongly recommend looking at another short/nearby/interesting festival to get a place at. Otherwise if your main reason to volunteer at Reading (the staff camp is faaaar from the arena, even when you have the ferry) is to get priority for Glastonbury you're likely to be disappointed. 

If you're interested in vounteering, festaff is another place to look at (you generally require a significantly smaller deposit, £25+admin, though it can vary). If you're on record having done a few festivals this year then your application will be easier to process for next year for any festivals. This year for Glastonbury they opened applications for those who had not worked Glastonbury before after official resale, and the only condition was that you needed to sign up to a 'sister event' (i.e. one that they currently had understaffed). I saw a LOT of people get a place, and work conditions/camping/hours are the same as Oxfam

I have booked a caravan slots so will I be in a different field?

On 02/06/2016 at 1:29 PM, chestwig said:

Nightmare buying a fake ticket. Can't believe people are so cruel to con good festivals goers out of their hard earn cash, when there are countless other twats they could target instead. 

I've just found out I may have a new work contract that starts the Monday before Glastonbury. If it does go ahead, I won't be able to get anytime off from work and I really need to take this contract as it ties me and the family over for the next 6 months. So mixed feelings to say the least. 

So, I  may have a ticket with car parking pass for face value. Will post here if I am not able to make the festival.

I'm male, brown hair, no facial hair.no distinctive features. I'm currently 35 but the picture on the ticket is from when I was around 28-29 I believe. 

Will hopefully know more about work by the end of the week. 

Bloody Work! same happened to me last year, ended up skiving off anyway, totally worth it!

Having said that if you sell your ticket.... Ill take it. wink wink.

2 hours ago, Travis Tee said:

I have booked a caravan slots so will I be in a different field?

You'll have access to staff camping and 'should' camp there etc. so that they can keep track of you and stuff. But if you actually stayed in a caravan there's not much they can do, and if you turn up for all your shifts on time that's fine. Is the caravan site open when you get there, though? (I'm assuming you mean a regular caraan pitch)

5 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

You'll have access to staff camping and 'should' camp there etc. so that they can keep track of you and stuff. But if you actually stayed in a caravan there's not much they can do, and if you turn up for all your shifts on time that's fine. Is the caravan site open when you get there, though? (I'm assuming you mean a regular caraan pitch)

When I booked my place it asked what I was travelling in and the drop down menu had car and caravan so I ticked that and gave my number plate. Its on my confirmation form. I don't mind being seperate from the oxfam crew I can always go and eat there.

3 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

When I booked my place it asked what I was travelling in and the drop down menu had car and caravan so I ticked that and gave my number plate. Its on my confirmation form. I don't mind being seperate from the oxfam crew I can always go and eat there.

Tbh I have no idea-if that's the case then it sounds like they'll give you a pass for the caravan pitches in the staff area. Worth emailing them though, because I imagine you'd run into problems if you turned up without any sort of caravan pass and just tried to drive on site aha

39 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Tbh I have no idea-if that's the case then it sounds like they'll give you a pass for the caravan pitches in the staff area. Worth emailing them though, because I imagine you'd run into problems if you turned up without any sort of caravan pass and just tried to drive on site aha

Cheers I will but it looks like your allowed to bring a caravan if you work for them. I stayed with mates in the festival medical services last year and they were next to the festival a 5 minute walk, is OXFAM miles away?

Can't speak for Reading, as I don't know what the setup is there - but at Glastonbury they definitely have all Oxfam staff (tents and caravans/camervans) together. Might be worth asking on their Facebook Group what the story at Reading is?

1 minute ago, incident said:

Can't speak for Reading, as I don't know what the setup is there - but at Glastonbury they definitely have all Oxfam staff (tents and caravans/camervans) together. Might be worth asking on their Facebook Group what the story at Reading is?

Cheers I just have :lol:

We'll I'm starting a new job. Not the contracting one I expecte, but a new employed role.

I explained I had the time booked off with my previous employer but if it's a problem I could just take 2-3 days off as apposed to 4.

Anybody up on employment law? Do they have to honor this?

Really don't want to put on a new employer to much.... 

24 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

When hopefully we all have tickets for next year!!! And enjoyed our last minute competition wins for this year 

if I don't get tickets for next year I will just turn into a puddle of my own tears

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

I'm turning that way now! 

Oh god don't, as long as I don't think about it too much the pain isn't so bad. We've just booked our guest camping for latitude so I'm feeling a bit better! The latitude line up is proper up my street so quite excited for it.

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Oh god don't, as long as I don't think about it too much the pain isn't so bad. We've just booked our guest camping for latitude so I'm feeling a bit better! The latitude line up is proper up my street so quite excited for it.

;)

Wont be making Glastonbury this year - no luck in the sales, resales or secret resales but have found perfect solution by buying a new guitar with the money i would have spent on tickets, drink, food etc. What is amazing is that my wife supported me in this endeavour and know i will be playing the guitar long after the gates close on Farmer Eavis's fields

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Salute said:

Wont be making Glastonbury this year - no luck in the sales, resales or secret resales but have found perfect solution by buying a new guitar with the money i would have spent on tickets, drink, food etc. What is amazing is that my wife supported me in this endeavour and know i will be playing the guitar long after the gates close on Farmer Eavis's fields

What did you get mate? I've been playing a friends new Taylor baby bt2 all evening, it's lovely