Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, musky said:

Unless they managed to find another way in. They certainly didn't get in on the tickets they were holding. 

Ugh that would be heartbreaking. I don't think I would ever have the balls to buy a ticket off someone. 

Nightmare buying a fake ticket. Can't believe people are so cruel to con good festivals goers out of their hard earn cash, when there are countless other twats they could target instead. 

I've just found out I may have a new work contract that starts the Monday before Glastonbury. If it does go ahead, I won't be able to get anytime off from work and I really need to take this contract as it ties me and the family over for the next 6 months. So mixed feelings to say the least. 

So, I  may have a ticket with car parking pass for face value. Will post here if I am not able to make the festival.

I'm male, brown hair, no facial hair.no distinctive features. I'm currently 35 but the picture on the ticket is from when I was around 28-29 I believe. 

Will hopefully know more about work by the end of the week. 

6 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Nightmare buying a fake ticket. Can't believe people are so cruel to con good festivals goers out of their hard earn cash, when there are countless other twats they could target instead. 

I've just found out I may have a new work contract that starts the Monday before Glastonbury. If it does go ahead, I won't be able to get anytime off from work and I really need to take this contract as it ties me and the family over for the next 6 months. So mixed feelings to say the least. 

So, I  may have a ticket with car parking pass for face value. Will post here if I am not able to make the festival.

I'm male, brown hair, no facial hair.no distinctive features. I'm currently 35 but the picture on the ticket is from when I was around 28-29 I believe. 

Will hopefully know more about work by the end of the week. 

You must be torn between feeling completely gutted and relieved you can feed your family for the next six months.   Hope it works out and you get both!

1 hour ago, Glasto peaches said:

You must be torn between feeling completely gutted and relieved you can feed your family for the next six months.   Hope it works out and you get both!

In short, yep!

I suppose I would have the prospect of heading down Friday night and back Sunday afternoon, but it doesn't represent very good value for money.

I'm waiting for the offer then may try to negotiate a start date Monday after the festival. Would mean I could do all days but leave late afternoon Sunday. Might actually be nice to get back for a bath at that point, but gutted I'd miss PJ Harvey.

3 hours ago, Travis Tee said:

Just applied to do Reading for Oxfam this year, my plan is to get a foot in the door for next years Glasto. When do they ask for the first round of vols for Oxfam, anyone know? Cheers

The way the Oxfam priority system works - if you do 2 festivals with them this year, then you get priority next year which will effectively guarantee a place at your choice of Fesitval(s)

If you're only doing Reading, then in terms of priority etc, there's little difference to General Public - the only advantage you'll have is that your details are on the system, you don't need to select a training session, etc, so filling out the form may be a few seconds quicker.

Based on the past few years - priority applications open for 1-2 weeks towards the end of February, then General Public applications open in early March.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, musky said:

Be very careful when buying tickets. In the past there have been a lot of fakes about. This lot were all caught out a couple of years ago.

We caught a similar sized group on Gate A last year.. About 20 people, trying to get in on Market tickets which don't carry photos so they presumably thought they'd be OK.

The problem is that the tickets were good enough to look real to anyone who'd not already seen one, and so I can see why they'd buy them - But anyone who'd been through the briefing session on what to look for, or even had seen a few genuine tickets pass through their hands already (which obviously anyone working on the gate would) should've been able to spot a couple of giveaways without even needing to check the security features - I didn't even have one in my hand and noticed the difference from about a metre away.

IF anyone is considering buying tickets - an easy check to make that will weed out some of the more obvious fakes - check that the serial number on the tickets is different on each ticket, and consistent throughout all of the places it's printed - many of the people making fakes don't bother to change the number so all their fake tickets have the same one, or they'll change it in the obvious place but not everywhere.

40 minutes ago, incident said:

The way the Oxfam priority system works - if you do 2 festivals with them this year, then you get priority next year which will effectively guarantee a place at your choice of Fesitval(s)

If you're only doing Reading, then in terms of priority etc, there's little difference to General Public - the only advantage you'll have is that your details are on the system, you don't need to select a training session, etc, so filling out the form may be a few seconds quicker.

Based on the past few years - priority applications open for 1-2 weeks towards the end of February, then General Public applications open in early March.

I remember seeing this as well-confess I've not had much time to check out other fests that Oxfam have covered, but if you're wanting to only do Reading in exchange for priority, I'd strongly recommend looking at another short/nearby/interesting festival to get a place at. Otherwise if your main reason to volunteer at Reading (the staff camp is faaaar from the arena, even when you have the ferry) is to get priority for Glastonbury you're likely to be disappointed. 

If you're interested in vounteering, festaff is another place to look at (you generally require a significantly smaller deposit, £25+admin, though it can vary). If you're on record having done a few festivals this year then your application will be easier to process for next year for any festivals. This year for Glastonbury they opened applications for those who had not worked Glastonbury before after official resale, and the only condition was that you needed to sign up to a 'sister event' (i.e. one that they currently had understaffed). I saw a LOT of people get a place, and work conditions/camping/hours are the same as Oxfam

Edited by emilyboris

2 hours ago, emilyboris said:

and work conditions/camping/hours are the same as Oxfam

There's actually a few important differences in those things between Festaff and Oxfam as it relates to Glastonbury, specifically -

- Money - Both groups ask for the full ticket price (or something approximating it) as a deposit, but Festaff will retain £30 as an "admin fee".

- Arrival Day - Festaff want everyone there by 6pm Monday, for Oxfam it's 9pm on your choice of Monday or Tuesday.

- Food - Oxfam provide 3 free meals, and the ability to buy more at much cheaper than regular festival prices. Good quality and large portions too. Not sure what the quality of the catering is like for Festaff but it's not free.

- Shift Patterns - this is where Festaff have a real advantage - they deal only with 1st time entries and their patterns reflect the demand.. So shifts tend to be towards the start of the Festival or during the day on Sunday when there's wristbanding to be done. Whereas Oxfam will have a much more even spread throughout the Festival and so you're much more likely to miss a key act and/or have to work a night shift.

Before anyone points it out - I've described how it is for the vast majority, I know there's some exceptions to the above for example early shifts or people working on non 24 hour gates.

Edited by incident

On 1 June 2016 at 11:49 AM, Dr Glasto said:

Yeah it's with DC Site Services doing vehicle chaperoning. I have to arrive on Tues 21st. 

Nice one! I got my application in late last night but I'm working away from home. They've come back via email asking for a payslip with my NI number on it (no problem) and a long copy of my birth certificate. So I need to upload these to the portal. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

There's actually a few important differences in those things between Festaff and Oxfam as it relates to Glastonbury, specifically -

- Money - Both groups ask for the full ticket price (or something approximating it) as a deposit, but Festaff will retain £30 as an "admin fee".

- Arrival Day - Festaff want everyone there by 6pm Monday, for Oxfam it's 9pm on your choice of Monday or Tuesday.

- Food - Oxfam provide 3 free meals, and the ability to buy more at much cheaper than regular festival prices. Good quality and large portions too. Not sure what the quality of the catering is like for Festaff but it's not free.

- Shift Patterns - this is where Festaff have a real advantage - they deal only with 1st time entries and their patterns reflect the demand.. So shifts tend to be towards the start of the Festival or during the day on Sunday when there's wristbanding to be done. Whereas Oxfam will have a much more even spread throughout the Festival and so you're much more likely to miss a key act and/or have to work a night shift.

Before anyone points it out - I've described how it is for the vast majority, I know there's some exceptions to the above for example early shifts or people working on non 24 hour gates.

Oh yeah, to be honest I wasn't sure about Glastonbury itself, just meant it was 'roughly 3x8 hours a festival' rather than the 5 shifts you'd be doing for pay.

The admin fee is pretty annoying-they will retain it as well if you cancel (even well in advance) which is a bit of a problem. Festaff normally piggyback on any general catering and offer meal tickets that are taken out of your deposit (although like you said, don't know if it's the same for Glastonbury). 

But yeah there are obvious differences, but if you're just looking to get in it's worth trying for both-and either festaff oxfam will be easier to get a place with depending on what you do this year. 

2 hours ago, incident said:

My friend worked for them in 08 I think, she did shifts on Tues (staff I presume) and Weds/Thurs and that was it! Jammy git :P

9 hours ago, jumbomcnutt said:

To those who are still trying for tickets:  head over to Simon Shackleton DJ facebook page. He has a competition running for one ticket. Closes on sunday so be quick. 

Looks like it's just for the one ticket but a great thing for those who just need the one!

17 hours ago, incident said:

Cheers its not only for that reason. I am free all summer so fancied trying to work at a festival. But thanks for the info

13 hours ago, verrymerry said:

My friend worked for them in 08 I think, she did shifts on Tues (staff I presume) and Weds/Thurs and that was it! Jammy git :P

Yeah I did wristbanding for a couple of years around that time too :) They used to have a mix of volunteer and paid staff and the volunteers almost always just did Weds & Thurs, with maybe a shorter Sunday shift thrown in. Loved it!!