Secret resales 2015

Terence99

38 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Exactly this! I had a low point today where I got a wee bit sad about not going. I say a wee bit, I mean there was a tear before I composed myself a made a vodka-orange to numb the pain. 

Don't be too sad, there's nothing more you could of done, you've been so positive, fingers crossed that you still might get lucky. I know it's not much consolation but in the lead up to t day there's lots of support and helpful advice here, gives you a better chance on the day. 
Charm x 

• Upvote 1

I had a big cry today when I heard this. This was the last performance I saw at my last Glasto in 2014, John Peel Sunday night.  Perfect end to a perfect festival! Spine tingling! Was anyone else there?

Edited by Katir

16 minutes ago, Katir said:

I had a big cry today when I heard this. This was the last performance I saw at my last Glasto in 2014, John Peel Sunday night.  Perfect end to a perfect festival! Spine tingling! Was anyone else there?

I was there... I think I saw Dry the River on the Avalon stage and then literally ran to John Peel to see this. It's further than you think! I was knackered by the time I got there but totally worth it

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, J.B. said:

My alerts came from Neil's checkpage SMS service, 2 within a second of each other, so something may have changed and changed back very quickly. 

By the time I actually checked the page the second message came through, so this is probably why I didn't see any change (if it was significant)

7 hours ago, J.B. said:

It was http://glastonbury.seetickets.com that I got an alert for, but couldn't see any change 

I've just checked the logging.

For around 10 seconds, the pages (that one, and the 'tour' page) 'properly' disappeared.

I say 'properly', because See's server gave a proper 'not found' error - the pages didn't exist - rather than the server not responding.

As it was so brief I'd guess it was a glitch in their system of some sort rather than an intended removal of the pages, but that's only a guess.

5 minutes ago, Tessar said:

Just seen siblin's alert from 5.30 - looks like the page was open and then the grey banner that says they're experiencing the max no of transactions.  Please don't tell me the page opened at 5.30!

I slept through that alert but I very much doubt any tickets went on sale. It's been throwing up alerts for that change for a while now. 

I did not sleep through it. I was put into a semi-sleep state where I had a nightmare that the sale was happening, and I missed out. And for some reason the 2017 tickets were being sold at the same time, but I had forgotten that because of the 2016 resale, so I missed out on that too. Worst dream ever.

9 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

I did not sleep through it. I was put into a semi-sleep state where I had a nightmare that the sale was happening, and I missed out. And for some reason the 2017 tickets were being sold at the same time, but I had forgotten that because of the 2016 resale, so I missed out on that too. Worst dream ever.

You must be in a state of total confusion now after that dream lol

1 hour ago, Tessar said:

Just seen siblin's alert from 5.30 - looks like the page was open and then the grey banner that says they're experiencing the max no of transactions.  Please don't tell me the page opened at 5.30!

Just looks like the servers were busy.  I doubt see tickets would be that cruel.

I think, however, that the chance of any resales now is zero to none

• Upvote 1

Just now, eFestivals said:

aren't you trapping those sorts of errors? :blink:

I work around errors like a "no response from server" by retrying, but if a page returns a 200 with the text "Processing maximum number of transactions" I've chosen not to discard them as they are legitimate changes and *could* indicate that something is happening.

Similarly I've had to tweak it so that i still pay attention to content even when a 4xx or 5xx errror is returned, because See report the "Event not found" error as a 4xx, yet still give content.  I still like to compare when this changes otherwise you might miss a change to an event.

12 minutes ago, hurdy said:

My open "add registrations" page now directs to an event not found, rather than the Reg page with a note saying admission tickets are unavailable. 

That page regularly times out and you have to click back/reload it. However, the whole page appears to have been taken down this time (if you check the /900001 link). 

While I'm still pretty sure there won't be any more sales...they made this change before the secret resale two weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, siblin said:

I work around errors like a "no response from server" by retrying, but if a page returns a 200 with the text "Processing maximum number of transactions" I've chosen not to discard them as they are legitimate changes and *could* indicate that something is happening.

ahh, that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, siblin said:

Similarly I've had to tweak it so that i still pay attention to content even when a 4xx or 5xx errror is returned, because See report the "Event not found" error as a 4xx, yet still give content.  I still like to compare when this changes otherwise you might miss a change to an event.

Just now, emilyboris said:

That page regularly times out and you have to click back/reload it. However, the whole page appears to have been taken down this time (if you check the /900001 link). 

While I'm still pretty sure there won't be any more sales...they made this change before the secret resale two weeks ago.

It hasn't been doing that though, it's been returning the second page with red "admission tickets not available" for sometime now. It now redirects to the event not found. 

Just now, hurdy said:

It hasn't been doing that though, it's been returning the second page with red "admission tickets not available" for sometime now. It now redirects to the event not found. 

Yes, that's what I was saying (I was agreeing with you), the 900001 link was redirecting to the add regs page which has now been taken down, which is what they did before the resale two weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Yes, that's what I was saying (I was agreeing with you), the 900001 link was redirecting to the add regs page which has now been taken down, which is what they did before the resale two weeks ago. 

Gotcha... rubs sleep out of eyes :D