Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

On the topic of other festivals, I went to Boomtown a few years back and had a blast.  Got a few mates going this year so will probably give it a shot.  It's a nice mix of Reggae, Ska and Dance acts.  Can be a bit full on if you like the more laid back vibe at Glastonbury though.

I live in Winchester where the festival is and went a few years back, thought it was great but a few friends who go every year saying how 'full on' it is now. My mates now dont even buy tickets and just wait at the gate Friday morning and buy tickets from all the people who have gone too hard too soon and cant hack it!! They 5 tickets last year for £100!!!

3 minutes ago, LeonStallard said:

Very sneaky for sure, I have become a bit addicted to this thread even though no longer in need. Can really see how much it means to everyone trying and definitely feels better when in it together, really really don't want to rub anyone's nose in it but I was one of the lucky few last week but it actually took a bit of the shine off to see so many people on here who didn't.

It's the luck of the draw mate.  I never feel bad when people who want to go get a ticket.  There was a girl on this thread last week who won one of the Guardian tickets, she was obviously over the moon about it, myself and lot of other people on here were well chuffed for her.

Just now, SteveTLizard said:

It's the luck of the draw mate.  I never feel bad when people who want to go get a ticket.  There was a girl on this thread last week who won one of the Guardian tickets, she was obviously over the moon about it, myself and lot of other people on here were well chuffed for her.

Ye I saw that, is amazing to hear people do actually win these things, obviously I know people do but you know what I mean. When entering details last week when I got through, got all flustered and stopped half way through to shout go go go on here, would have felt a right fool if missed out on them because of that 

10 minutes ago, musky said:

There's no need to buy £10 credit is there? An EE sim is 49p from Argos (and doubtless you can get them for free somewhere) and will allow you to receive calls/texts. Just enter your new EE sim number for the competition and insert the sim into a compatible phone once or twice a day. The only extra expense should be if you need to buy a compatible phone. 

Edit: I've just seen Michael's post!

New sims need activating to work at all, & that means topping up, it's £5 minimum for EE.

I should add il pay the postage if anyone does want one, - I (my company) is paid commission when they are topped up & used & I'm used to giving them away at a loss, it's just how it works 

• Upvote 1

I really ought to draw a line under all this now. Last week was such a roller coaster of highs and lows it left me feeling battered and bruised. Logically I know that the chances of a resale are exceedingly slim and if one happens I'll probably have no chance on a mobile. But part of me thinks 'maybe, just maybe'. So I keep jumping every time I receive an alert. 

I'm actually beginning to dislike myself for not having the strength to call it a day, congratulate myself for having done all I could and accept that this year it was not to be. It's that faint glimmer of hope that feels so crushing. 

There's lot of great suggestions for other festivals in here, so I think I'm going to have to book one up before they sell out and focus on that!

2 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

New sims need activating to work at all, & that means topping up, it's £5 minimum for EE.

I should add il pay the postage if anyone does want one, - I (my company) is paid commission when they are topped up & used & I'm used to giving them away at a loss, it's just how it works 

When you activate the sim do you need to register with your name with EE? If your name doesn't match the number I'm guessing EE will chuck you out of the competition.

Just now, SteveTLizard said:

When you activate the sim do you need to register with your name with EE? If your name doesn't match the number I'm guessing EE will chuck you out of the competition.

No you don't have to, they work without registering, but for the competition purposes I'd think it would be a good idea to 

7 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I actually bought an EE sim last month so I could use it with an old phone (I wasn't taking any chances that I may not have network coverage in the resale!) and received a text right after inserting it, but obviously that was from EE. 

If I'd known you get a commission from people using your sims I'd have contacted you first. :)

1 minute ago, Stooonami said:

So was there actually a resale and people just missed out?!? :-S

Sort of...

I guess this year redefines the resale process. Up till now it seemed that if you put the alerts etc in place and could watch the forums then you'd have a pretty good chance of a ticket. This year with the amount of people on the case, the speed at which the servers handle the resales it seems to be much much less of a viable option.

1 minute ago, Stooonami said:

definitely? :(

and NOBODY from here got one?! ffs.

It was over before it started. I was on it as soon as I got the alert but missed out. It must have been open for a minute. Some people managed but there were alot who sadly didn't. Groups like glasto chat on Facebook and Twitter were posting about it alot so a lot more people knew about it and how to monitor websites etc. 

I've been meaning to ask if anyone remembers the 'very limited number of tickets' bit in last year's resale? I picked up tickets in it last year and don't remember seeing it, but then again I don't remember seeing it this year either!

3 minutes ago, musky said:

I've been meaning to ask if anyone remembers the 'very limited number of tickets' bit in last year's resale? I picked up tickets in it last year and don't remember seeing it, but then again I don't remember seeing it this year either!

I've only seen it this year in the correspondence I've had with see tickets. I guess less people must have refunded tickets this year unfortunately for us! 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the 'entrance' page (content/extras) had the link to the buying page for about 2 minutes 30 seconds ... so it looks like there was exactly that amount of time for someone to get the page and complete their purchase.

It was still there when I clicked on but sadly it didn't let me get past the selection. At least a few people were successful :) just wasn't my day Thursday. 

36 minutes ago, musky said:

I definitely saw it in last Thursday's sale, but was not quick enough :'(

13151817_10153484466411363_7664138389011049847_n.jpg

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Whilst this page is up

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/900001

Couldn't they sell tickets without changing any of the other pages, i.e. without any notifications going off (not at all saying that they would do that, I'm just wondering)

Theoretically they could. They could do anything really! They have all of the ticketing power haha! 

because you can have the form filled in, then get the console to auto-submit after 5 seconds with this command

setInterval(function(){$('#add_registrations').click()},5000);

but then the page reloads and the auto submit command is actually lost, so it only does it once. I don't know how to overcome that. Anyone?