Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 hours ago, mrsstocksey said:

Quick question....has anyone done Latitude before? Thoughts? (Just looking at some alternatives)

I went a few years ago (maybe 2013?) and really enjoyed it. Obviously much smaller than Glastonbury, but generally there's a nice vibe and a good range of things to see and do, including a decent offering of spoken word, poetry, comedy etc. The venue is interesting too, with bits in the woods and a stage on a lake. I'd say for me the only downside (minor really) was the lack of range of people there - it seemed to be mostly the same sorts of people and a high proportion of ~16 year olds and a their parents and not much in the middle, age wise. overall a good little festival (but not too small either, I've definitely been to smaller eg Kendal calling)

If you fancy something sooner then Bearded Theory is next week.  Its a little Avalon esque and very easy and chilled.  Same booxze rules as Glasto.  There are several folk from here off there - Gnomicide, Parks ,myself that I know of - and several more over in the thread.  Tis my favourite festival, but dont tell Mr Eavus.

5 minutes ago, Charm said:

So quiet in here this morning, has everyone sadly given up, really feel for you guys, wish everyone could get there.  
Charm x

You know ive come to the conclusion that the year goes by super fast so if it doesnt work for this year then next year IS IT

53 minutes ago, mrsstocksey said:

Thanks for the replies about Latitude....think we might give it a go :) 

I've gone for Latitude as my Glastonbury alternative. People have been saying good things on here so I'm looking forward to it. Having something to look forward to is also easing the pain a bit. Not much. But a bit. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

I've gone for Latitude as my Glastonbury alternative. People have been saying good things on here so I'm looking forward to it. Having something to look forward to is also easing the pain a bit. Not much. But a bit. 

Before I went to Glastonbury, I used to be a bit envious, but only a bit as I didn't know how incredible it truly was.

However, every summer I would be booked to go to a festival, and one of the things that 'helped' when watching the footage on telly and wishing I was there was the fact that because Glastonbury is so early in the season, I would see it go and then think "yeah, that looked amazing, but it's over. they've had their festival, and mine is still to come - YAY!".

It helped. A lot.

(of course, now I'm at Glastonbury I will go, it'll be amazing, and then I'll be sad because mine is over!)

:)

Ben

27 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

If you fancy something sooner then Bearded Theory is next week.  Its a little Avalon esque and very easy and chilled.  Same booxze rules as Glasto.  There are several folk from here off there - Gnomicide, Parks ,myself that I know of - and several more over in the thread.  Tis my favourite festival, but dont tell Mr Eavus.

Agree that Bearded Theory is well worth a go, we went year before last there was a great line up, a really good vibe (think slightly hippy!) and not as expensive compared to some other similar sized festivals. I think officially you were not allowed booze into the non-camping areas however it wasn't strictly enforced. Last year we joined some other friends at Glastonbudget. Not one for the purists but we had a great time singing along to tribute/cover bands and there were some great 'real' unsigned bands too.

Just now, pingap said:

Agree that Bearded Theory is well worth a go, we went year before last there was a great line up, a really good vibe (think slightly hippy!) and not as expensive compared to some other similar sized festivals. I think officially you were not allowed booze into the non-camping areas however it wasn't strictly enforced. Last year we joined some other friends at Glastonbudget. Not one for the purists but we had a great time singing along to tribute/cover bands and there were some great 'real' unsigned bands too.

You definitely are allowed - no restriction at all on taking booze from camping to stages :-)